Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new stories spinning campaign email as if Ron dropped out

Are delegates at state conventions and *the* convention allowed to vote for RP if he has technically dropped out?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    No, it's not. Stop overreacting people. They simply don't have the money for events and publicity that the media wasn't going to let us have anyway.... It doesn't change the delegate strategy, which has been the strategy all along.

Seriously, what does it change that he won't be actively campagining, if barely anyone who wasn't already voting for him even know he was campaigning anyway... It would be a waste of limited funds, when delegates are what matter at this point, and that's where we're still winning and taking majorities, to the ponit that they have to be getting scared with how bad they're fighting us.
    The email was a huge tactical blunder which reinforces the idea that the campaign is incompetent to the supporters and give the media the opportunity to report that Ron Paul is out, just when articles started popping up that RP was taking delegates and creating headaches for Romney. Tampa is in three months, why quit now? Stupid, he can still raise enough money to campaign, didn't we just have a money bomb? Isn't there another one coming up? Even if he only raises another 150K or (50k a month) until Tampa, that should be enough for Paul, Benton, and two security guys to run some more events to keep the image up.

you can retweet this, if you like: https://twitter.com/#!/usernamenuse/...15657536503809
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    Are delegates at state conventions and *the* convention allowed to vote for RP if he has technically dropped out?
    The candidates who have "dropped out" have actually just suspended their campaigns.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if THIS is what Stossel was talking about when he said "Ron Paul will catch on in a few weeks"

Quote Originally Posted by noxnoctum View Post
    He hasn't and won't.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

just reading some of the comments from the dailypaul, and some of them are saying they'll carry on with or without the campaign. Now im not saying we give up on the moneybomb, we put our heart into, but after that is over we have a grassroots moneyomb, one that will show DR Paul that we have not given up on him. We work in the background, as soon as the official one is over, we do a grassroots one and put ads in Texas, this is only a suggestion, please don't look at this as divisive post, cheers.

GRASSROOTS!!!!!!!

GET TO $#@!IN" WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE GOT A ELECTION TO WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It changes nothing other than no more college campus rallies. Continue with the delegate harvest.

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    WTF? CNN almost never covers RP but has this story up almost instantly!
    Amazing, isn't it?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by playpianoking View Post
    Ron Paul is two steps ahead of us. Now he will be asked left and right to appear on tv about "suspending" his campaign as the media will report. He will then say huh? wtf are you talking about and have a light he wouldn't have had as he gets to speak on the airwaves to Cali and Texas. He will get to announce that he's won several states and that he's using the money to continue to setup shop in those states to win delegates. He will call the media out and maybe wake a few more people up.
    I like the way you think...Hoping you're right!

Please do not give up people.

Why is everyone interpreting "we don't have millions of dollars to throw at each state and get some of the popular vote" as "we're giving up"?

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is two steps ahead of us. Now he will be asked left and right to appear on tv about "suspending" his campaign as the media will report. He will then say huh? wtf are you talking about and have a light he wouldn't have had as he gets to speak on the airwaves to Cali and Texas. He will get to announce that he's won several states and that he's using the money to continue to setup shop in those states to win delegates. He will call the media out and maybe wake a few more people up.
    Yeah, I had that same thought, but I doubt it would work. He would get to do it one time, and then they will cancel all further appearances and not talk about it again.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    DON'T BUY INTO THE MEDIA'S BS PEOPLE!!

We all know it's always been about the delegates here, so don't buy their "it's over" crap.
    This may actually be VERY beneficial for the conventions. The establishment will let their guard down.
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    STUPID STUPID STUPID. I don't care if they don't have the cash and don't campaign. Really. But do they have to yell it off an effin' roof? Seriously? No one needed to know. The grassroots were carrying it on anyway. This is ridiculous. Such a defeatist attitude. Way to inspire the people who are working their assess off to get the guy elected.

No street smarts. Nada.
    Exactly what I was thinking too. There was no need to announce it, thus discouraging the movement. How many will stay home now? I think we just lost a bunch of potential delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ2 View Post
    How is that an accurate story? It's an idiotic article
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by opinionatedfool View Post
    How is that an accurate story? It's an idiotic article
    Sorry, they just updated the article. It WAS a pretty good story (for Fox/AP)--I should have known it was too good to last and that someone would "get to them."

this is a genius move
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

"The headline on Drudge says it all "Ron Paul OUT!"

Link to the Washington Times article and it says "Ron Paul Ends His Hunt For Votes".

The first headline is NOT TRUE.

The second headline MAY BE.

Either way, read through the aricle and you will see that the inference that Paul is out of the race is absolutely not true. The article explains that Paul will abandon the game of going from state to state to trying to win a popular vote that doesn't count for anything. Instead he will focus on the states that are currently holding delegate conventions.

That strategy makes a lot of sense when you have the kind of fights in Oklahoma and Arizona we saw this weekend. The State Conventions is where the nominiation will be won or lost not traveling from state to state for beauty contests."

_Ben Swann on FB
    Link
    Last edited by IPSecure; 05-14-2012 at 02:29 PM.
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just wait. Once the shock of this annoucement eases off, I think most or close to all of us are gonna realize something. Ron Paul is gonna be plastered all over the media in the next few days. Convention supporters for Romney will be down...unfair procedures during voting won't be as numerous or obvious...perhaps winning delegates becomes increasingly easier...

Then it'll hit us what Dr. Paul is doing today...

There are Romney supporters on his forum site right now freaking out about how this is going to make them all "complacent" while Paul stealthily continues his Liberty Campaign of acquiring delegates.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertwerden View Post
    Maybe this will fool romney people into not showing up to the conventions, giving us more wins

I like that angle. Hope you're right.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    I like that angle. Hope you're right.
    ive also made the suggestion about ron paul announcing something and holds a press conference.. and media would assume he is dropping out. then at the conference, talk about how bad romney and obama is and how awesome ron is. people like bravado and guts. made the suggestion 2 months ago and even chuck it to doug wead.

hehehe...me likey this possibility.

Dr. Paul could have ALREADY announced he's won several states during his FREE nationally-televised interviews on channels like Fox and CNBC. But he hardly mentions them. Most people not up to date on this stuff would probably have their minds blown if Ron Paul told them, "Oh, btw, I'm actually the real winner of Iowa."

He could have also spent time during his FREE nationally-televised interviews to slam Romney. But he doesn't. He slammed all the other candidates... he called Santorum a fake conservative during a live debate (that was awesome), and hell, he said on the Jay Leno show that Bachmann hates Muslims! ...but he still won't bash Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    ive also made the suggestion about ron paul announcing something and holds a press conference.. and media would assume he is dropping out. then at the conference, talk about how bad romney and obama is and how awesome ron is. people like bravado and guts. made the suggestion 2 months ago and even chuck it to doug wead.
    He wont attack Rmoney or Obama...

RP likes to stay clean.. hard to do that when you have to play with pigs. But it would've landed him some airtime and support if he did this.

I mean, he did it to Santorum but not to Rmoney? I don't get that.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2002 View Post
    Ron Paul announced Monday that his campaign will no longer spend money on presidential nominating contests due to lack of funds, effectively ending his campaign for the Republican nomination.

Paul wrote the following in an open letter to supporters:

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future. Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.

Paul, the only Republican presidential candidate remaining in the race with frontrunner Mitt Romney, encouraged his supporters to remain active in the presidential as well as downballot races across the country and stressed that he will continue working to win delegates.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...183243109.html
    Check out the plethora of nasty anti-Paul comments from Yahoo users in the linked-to article.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    there is no secret strategy of trying to make romney complacent or any fantasy you may have. The money to compete just isn't there.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

So what if he didnt have the money? They should have just kept their mouth shut regardless. $#@!.
    "Corruptisima republica plurimae leges."

---- Tacitus

I love von Mises and Emma Watson

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast