Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: new stories spinning campaign email as if Ron dropped out

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Amazing how quick the media is to not only comment on it but to spin it to their own interpretation, given that Ron virtually didn't exist to them the last month or so, despite his wins.
    Amazing how stupid the campaign was to send out an email like this. If you know the media is out to undermine the guy, don't make it easy on them. This was stupidity on the campaign's part way more than it's the media being "evil".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So is this the shifting gears Tmot was talking about? Maybe it's reverse psychology--I mean, how many people will say, He was still in the race? the media LIED TO US?

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay here is the e-mail from the campaign..........

As I reflect on our 2012 Presidential campaign, I am humbled by the supporters who have worked so hard and sacrificed so much. And I am so proud of what we have accomplished. We will not stop until we have restored what once made America the greatest country in human history.

This campaign fought hard and won electoral success that the talking heads and pundits never thought possible. But, this campaign is also about more than just the 2012 election. It has been part of a quest I began 40 years ago and that so many have joined. It is about the campaign for Liberty, which has taken a tremendous leap forward in this election and will continue to grow stronger in the future until we finally win.

Our campaign will continue to work in the state convention process. We will continue to take leadership positions, win delegates, and carry a strong message to the Republican National Convention that Liberty is the way of the future.

Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted. Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have. I encourage all supporters of Liberty to make sure you get to the polls and make your voices heard, particularly in the local, state, and Congressional elections, where so many defenders of Freedom are fighting and need your support.

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

For Liberty,

Ron Paul
    Note the bold print at the close.

I think the e-mail thread and this thread should be merged. People are getting carried away here.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Maybe this will fool romney people into not showing up to the conventions, giving us more wins

Amazing how quick the media is to not only comment on it but to spin it to their own interpretation, given that Ron virtually didn't exist to them the last month or so, despite his wins.
    this is the media mafia ... CNBC had a flash in 5 min ... beware MIC at work ... all I can say is hit the comments in an intelligent way to inform and show our delegate victories ... be a force
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

Quote Originally Posted by GomerPile View Post
    WTF? CNN almost never covers RP but has this story up almost instantly!
    CNN is owned by the opposition to liberty and freedom. What do you expect them to do?
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    He was Ross Perot'd.

My bet is that he was given an ultimatum because of all the ruckus we have been generating in the delegate process. Also, perhaps - his plea for 650K has generated very few precious dollars.
    don't we have a moneybomg scheduled on the 17th?...he has 1.5 million cash on hand now...this is our campaign now. ITS TIME.

Matt Drudge is a real tool. Not ONE thing on the conventions all weekend. Now, go look at the top of drudge.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    As did Politico, Yahoo, etc. Haha. It literally took them 5 minutes.
    my local news says he quit campaigning.....got it up right away....
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Well technically no one "dropped out" either. Santorum, Gingrinch etc... This is not the MSM telling us this, it's Ron Paul saying it. I read this on his website. He is giving up on the states that haven't voted yet which includes mine (California). Unless he hopes that the "bound" delegates somehow unbind themselves, it's pretty much game over. If he doesn't want to stop Romney from getting to 1144 (bound) delegates, it pretty much says to me that the media was right. Dr. Paul isn't in this to win.
    He didn't say that, he said he didn't have the money to pursue primaries well, so wouldn't do it. As for CA and TX, he HAS campaigned there (and here) but both are very expensive media markets. It is new states he isn't going to.

But even if the point ultimately came where he thought he couldn't win, it wouldn't mean he wasn't trying as hard as he could to win, whether that point is when Romney gets voted as nominee at convention, or when Romney gets 1144 delegates. At this point, Romney DOESN'T have them yet.

I agree I wish they hadn't put it this way, because it will sap some enthusiasm in the delegate process which they know well is working for them. However, in CA, delegates are on a list, and if they felt they had done what they could do in CA, it isn't a matter of people pushing themselves through a process there.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-14-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul is two steps ahead of us. Now he will be asked left and right to appear on tv about "suspending" his campaign as the media will report. He will then say huh? wtf are you talking about and have a light he wouldn't have had as he gets to speak on the airwaves to Cali and Texas. He will get to announce that he's won several states and that he's using the money to continue to setup shop in those states to win delegates. He will call the media out and maybe wake a few more people up.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    don't we have a moneybomg scheduled on the 17th?...he has 1.5 million cash on hand now...this is our campaign now. ITS TIME.
    Yeah.

As you say, it is our campaign.

Get him that money on the 17th.

Stop tweeting about this, imho, tweet the money bomb.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    Amazing how stupid the campaign was to send out an email like this. If you know the media is out to undermine the guy, don't make it easy on them. This was stupidity on the campaign's part way more than it's the media being "evil".
    not stupid at all.....imo
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

We know he didn't drop out so the establishment will have their heads in the cloud and then we can show up at conventions and win them because the establishment won't expect us to be there. This time we'll have even more funds for it.

Ron Paul knows that his best bet is to win quietly and by making the establishment arrogant will give us that chance. Ironically, it is better if the establishment is arrogant.
    Last edited by dude58677; 05-14-2012 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by playpianoking View Post
    Ron Paul is two steps ahead of us. Now he will be asked left and right to appear on tv about "suspending" his campaign as the media will report. He will then say huh? wtf are you talking about and have a light he wouldn't have had as he gets to speak on the airwaves to Cali and Texas. He will get to announce that he's won several states and that he's using the money to continue to setup shop in those states to win delegates. He will call the media out and maybe wake a few more people up.
    It is true that Grinch got a hell of an extended 'farewell tour' out of it.

I like how optimistic you guys are about everything. It's what makes these forums great but I respectfully disagree. "Not campaigning" = "Suspend Campaign" to me. I don't see how that is any different between Cain/Santorum/Gingrinch... He's no longer campaigning. He will be making a speech here and there at State conventions. The goal is no longer to stop Romney. I don't even think he ever tried to stop Romney now that I think of it...

He didn't say that, he said he didn't have the money to do it well, so wouldn't do it. As for CA and TX, he HAS campaigned there (and here) but both are very expensive media markets. It is new states he isn't going to.

But even if the point ultimately came where he thought he couldn't win, it wouldn't mean he wasn't trying as hard as he could to win, whether that point is when Romney gets voted as nominee at convention, or when Romney gets 1144 delegates. At this point, Romney DOESN'T have them yet.

I agree I wish they hadn't put it this way, because it will sap some enthusiasm in the delegate process which they know well is working for them. However, in CA, delegates are on a list, and if they felt they had done what they could do in CA, it isn't a matter of people pushing themselves through a process there.

It will in no way zap this delegate movement. It may just light the fire under our asses!!
    James Madison

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    That's not the problem. They're coming off sounding as losers. They're not making any active stops in primary states, but they didn't have to announce it. They just added fuel to the fire. Everyone knows that the campaign is constantly misintepreted and now they're sending out a press release that can easily be interpreted as 'Ron Paul gives up, Romney presumptive nominee'. And a couple of straw poll wins would've been great to boost the morale and gain bits of momentum.
    No, maybe they shouldn't have announced it knowing that the media would twist it and run with it, but they've been treating us like the campaign has been over anyway for quite some time, and our people are still showing up in majorities to take leadership and delegate positions. While we might lose some softer support at the polls, again, the media wasn't going to let us do well there anyway.

We don't buy into the media's BS, so don't act like it changes anything. We continue to take delegates, and have as much influence nad best shot at the nomination as we can. It's not liek we were going to win the upcoming beauty contests with their blackout going on, so don't buy into the narrative they want to push either.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was Ross Perot'd.

My bet is that he was given an ultimatum because of all the ruckus we have been generating in the delegate process. Also, perhaps - his plea for 650K has generated very few precious dollars.
    but a lot of people were probably waiting for the money bomb

Quote Originally Posted by playpianoking View Post
    ^^^THIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Matt Drudge is a real tool. Not ONE thing on the conventions all weekend. Now, go look at the top of drudge.
    I sent them a tip:

what bull$#@!.. paul wins all the states and NOTHING from Drudge. Now you are spinning that he has dropped out? You guys are no different from FOX and CNN. SHILLS.

He was Ross Perot'd.

Don't we have a money bomb day for that 650K? It's in a few days, maybe 17?

The art of war. Deception. We will continue to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    Don't we have a money bomb day for that 650K? It's in a few days, maybe 17?
    yeah, but people haven't been promoting it lately. Let's get to it. There is a video we can use on the front page, or you can use his predictions video or whatever you like best to introduce people to Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    I like how optimistic you guys are about everything. It's what makes these forums great but I respectfully disagree. "Not campaigning" = "Suspend Campaign" to me. I don't see how that is any different between Cain/Santorum/Gingrinch... He's no longer campaigning. He will be making a speech here and there at State conventions. The goal is no longer to stop Romney. I don't even think he ever tried to stop Romney now that I think of it...
    If he was suspending his campaign he wouldn't still be working to win conventions and delegates, as the exact same email indicates. All the email is saying is we're pulling completely out of the popularity contests and focusing on the internal process.

Stop blowing a gasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Dude WTF!!! We are finally gaining momentum. Ive talked people into voting for him in TX this week. Whats the deal!!
    The campaign is out of money.
    O.B.A.M.A. = One Big Ass Mistake, America

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I am seldom critical of Dr Paul but this wasn't the most sensible of moves at this time. At a time when we are actually starting to win with people becoming reinvigorated and Dr Paul starting to trend this is the wrong message to send to the grassroots. What was needed here was to fan the flames rather than piss on them.

Yes I agree that the MSM will and are blowing this out of proportion which in turn will upset those grassroots people even more - those who were upset initially. Fact remains that the email's tone has a hint of defeatism contained within and whilst I appreciate that may not have been intentional by Dr Paul it is still there. He could have worded that message a hell of a lot better but still got his point across.

But listen up people; we are winning, we are trending and we are changing the U.S let's keep it up! Dr Paul will still be with us all he is saying is that he doesn't have the money to go mad on advertising in states that haven't already voted. We can still win this thing - "it's all about the delegates!"

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Zak View Post
    The campaign is out of money.
    This.

It's not going to stop us from taking over the conventions... its what wez do. He has set the ball in motion now it's on us.... everything else is just chatter.

To be fair, this might actually work to our advantage, if our opponents think voting isn't important anymore. I can see us winning 9 more State Conventions in a row if this keeps up!
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Promote the money bomb, that is the best response we can give him imho:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast