Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An infuriating story of police abuse

Thanks for the reply, AF. I'm going to put a watch on this thread so I can see when someone digs up some answers.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Step one might be to get a statement from the attorneys representing her.

I think it's a legit story myself, and frankly surprised nobody ever picked up on it, that I know of.

That's another reason why I think posting these stories are important.
    Tomorrow is a 'rain day.' I'll report here what I find.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Tomorrow is a 'rain day.' I'll report here what I find.
    Nancy is a Patriot. She used to post quite a bit on ARM (American Resistance Movement).

Though she posted little on the legal case (for obvious reasons) I am familiar with the story. And with the background.
    Last I had heard she won a default judgment,, but don't know if she ever got anything.

*"Coincidentally" This started with the police abuse at the G20 Summit in Philly.. (and documenting a military police presence)

*my understanding(not court record)

http://www.murthalawfirm.com/updates...-genovese-case

Many people have been asking for case updates, and quite frankly, nothing exciting has happened yet. The case is proceeding, and there are no major developments. Here’s some procedural updates:

The Southampton Town Attorney is no longer handling the case. The town hired the law firm of Devitt, Spellman and Barrett LLP, a very well-known and prominent commercial defense law firm, to represent the Town of Southampton and Robert Iberger.

All discovery has been ordered to be complete by March 16, 2012, All dispositive motions filed by March 30, 2012, and a pre-trial conference is scheduled for April 27, 2012. If discovery stays on track and there are no settlements, a trial should be scheduled for this summer.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-14-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Nancy is a Patriot. She used to post quite a bit on ARM (American Resistance Movement).

Though she posted little on the legal case (for obvious reasons) I am familiar with the story. And with the background.
    Last I had heard she won a default judgment,, but don't know if she ever got anything.

*"Coincidentally" This started with the police abuse at the G20 Summit in Philly.. (and documenting a military police presence)

*my understanding(not court record)

http://www.murthalawfirm.com/updates...-genovese-case
    Thanks pcosmar!

I owe you another rep Pete.

LRC: What ‘Supporting Our Troops’ Gets You

...Let’s hope the lady has wised up and realizes that the “troops” she “supports” are the overseas version of the ones she encountered domestically. Meanwhile, Ms. Genovese’s lawsuit against the thugs who kidnapped, tortured, robbed, and humiliated her goes to trial this summer.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12