Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul at Iowa Faith & Freedom Event

Rand Paul at Iowa Faith & Freedom Event

Here is the entire speech:

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Awesome. The first half was an anti-war speech and the last half went in to more red meat so-con issues.

Imho, Rand might have a harder time connecting with evangelicals than a Huckabee or someone like that....someone who is just a natural at saying all the right religious sounding words and phrases. But I think Rand can connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Awesome. The first half was an anti-war speech and the last half went in to more red meat so-con issues.

Imho, Rand might have a harder time connecting with evangelicals than a Huckabee or someone like that....someone who is just a natural at saying all the right religious sounding words and phrases. But I think Rand can connect.
    He definitely connects better than a Chris Christie would.

I thought it was a good speech too. The first part was also more personal than I've ever heard him be.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    He definitely connects better than a Chris Christie would.
    Yes. Definitely.

The secularist libertarians here will go crazy over what Rand Paul said regarding gay marriage in this speech.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...get-any-gayer/

Huckabee has a little more experience in that regard .

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    The secularist libertarians here will go crazy over what Rand Paul said regarding gay marriage in this speech.

Yep. I'm not a "secularist", but I wasn't a huge fan. It was unnecessary and incongruent.

The media is picking this up, you will have plenty of time to fight over it, but that was a pretty boring fight.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    The media is picking this up, you will have plenty of time to fight over it, but that was a pretty boring fight.
    I know I'm a big deal, but the media doesn't care about BamaFaNKy, it's not an issue. I'll tell the media to keep it quiet.

Fight? I know sailing.... don't know who this guy is.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Fight? I know sailing.... don't know who this guy is.
    Projecting, dude.

It's OK, just roll with me, they'll know who you are soon enough.

What got deleted in here? I always miss all the juicy stuff

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I guess BlueSC has a beef with me. Never heard of him.

I guess BlueSC has a beef with me. Never heard of him.
    I thought you guys had argued multiple times. Pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    I thought you guys had argued multiple times. Pretty sure.
    Must have been an amazing argument.

Edit.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 05-12-2012 at 06:53 PM.

The comment on gays cheapened the speech.
    I agree. This is why I probably will not support Rand in 2016 like I did with Ron in 08 and '12. I can't imagine Ron saying "his views on marriage couldn't get any gayer."

This quote seems appropriate right about now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    ― Samuel Adams
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post

I guess you're talking about me. I don't like it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    This quote seems appropriate right about now.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    ― Samuel Adams
    Yeah, and if Rand was saying it, it would read: “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were gayer.”

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Grow up. You are totally misinterpreting what he was talking about.
    Last edited by LibertyEagle; 05-12-2012 at 09:01 PM.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    I agree. This is why I probably will not support Rand in 2016 like I did with Ron in 08 and '12. I can't imagine Ron saying "his views on marriage couldn't get any gayer."
    They're not the exact same person. You can't expect a father and son to agree on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten View Post
    I can't imagine Rand saying the things about blacks that Ron did in his newsletters.

Lol, I'm just kidding, but let's not criticize Rand so much for one joke he made. No one is perfect, and that includes Ron.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I can't imagine Rand saying the things about blacks that Ron did in his newsletters.

Lol, I'm just kidding, but let's not criticize Rand so much for one joke he made. No one is perfect, and that includes Ron.
    Just because some newsletters were released under his name doesn't mean he said the statements. But I know you understand that and are just making a point.

In this idiocracy we are forced to live in, this statement will be scrutinized by the $#@! media nonstop and hypersensitive special interest groups will jump on this in an attempt to paint our movement as bigots. So I wish he hadn't said it. But it doesn't matter AT ALL in the grand scheme of things. I just wish he hadn't said it because it gives the idiotic, hyper-sensitive, whining liberal children some red meat against us.
    Last edited by NewRightLibertarian; 05-12-2012 at 11:32 PM.

You should see r/politics (Reddit). They are blowing up about this. They hate Rand now (if they didn't before).

Rand needs to be more careful, but I also think it's ridiculous to take it so seriously. Especially because he said it should be left up to the states in the speech. I thought people here should know better than to judge so harshly for a little joke (that means you, brandon).

FU Rand! I wanna like this guy, but he makes it so damn hard.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast