Thread: The Oklahoma State Convention's main event begins Saturday, May 12 at 9:00am!

Exclamation The Oklahoma State Convention's main event begins Saturday, May 12 at 9:00am!

Who:
    Oklahoma State Convention delegates and alternates

When:
    Registration began Friday, May 11, at Noon
    Committee meetings began Friday, May 11, at 2:00pm
    Main Convention begins Saturday, May 12, at 9:00am (7:00am registration)

Where:
    Embassy Suites
    2501 Conference Drive
    Norman, OK 73069
    Phone: 405-364-8040 or 405-528-3501

Schedule:
    http://www.okgop.com/wp-content/uplo...chure_4-19.pdf

Background:
    Oklahoma is entitled to 43 National delegates, 40 of which are allocated per the result of the March 06 Primary (14 Santorum, 13 Romney, 13 Gingrich). The remaining 3 "Bigwig" delegates are unpledged, but will likely support Romney in Tampa.
    From Andrew Jetton @DailyPaul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, we have a livelink around here somewhere to bump tomorrow
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

What is that in real (Eastern) time?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    What is that in real (Eastern) time?
    hour behind us

NVM
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Bump for Oklahoma and all the patriots that are going!

A pic of the event from a Mitt person:

https://twitter.com/#!/jffrypeters/s...331520/photo/1

What is with the screens? Is something similar to ND going to go down today? I hope not and that we have over 51% Paul people.

anyone got a twitter handle or something theyre going to be updating through the entire convention so i can keep up to date
    Get Freedom or Die Tryin.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pawlpawl View Post
    anyone got a twitter handle or something theyre going to be updating through the entire convention so i can keep up to date
    #OKGOP

On a side note, it might be nice if we merged all these OK convention threads...

Yea, have the livestream thread and this official one.

I will update when possible. We are taking our seats now.

Pretty much everyone who was walking by the RP table and line were making comments, both good and bad. And people were taking a lot of pictures. That is how impressive our line is.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    Yea, have the livestream thread and this official one.

I will update when possible. We are taking our seats now.

Pretty much everyone who was walking by the RP table and line were making comments, both good and bad. And people were taking a lot of pictures. That is how impressive our line is.
    Go Okie! I'm trying to **will** you guys to victory from WA State.

It's game time! Convention officially opened and caucus praying.

So the Chair has told them to introduce the Minority Report as a motion to amend the rules. But they have prepared for the Minority Report to be introduced by a Minority member of the Credentials Committee, which they believe is in line with the rules. On the one hand they want to do as advised by the Chair, knowing that he will accept this process for the introduction of the Minority Report. But could it prejudice the process? Will others call a Point of Order?

Should we do as the Chair (who seems pretty supportive) has asked? Or do we follow the rules as we understand them?
    For Liberty!

Opening remarks...

Patriot, keep updating, also. It is hard for me to constantly update on my phone. Since you are watching the stream, you can update faster. Appreciate it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All streams are down
    For Liberty!

Did they just kill the wifi in the whole damn building?

I'll try Okie. Stream is on and off for me. Off right now.

Anyone know if Team Paul is nominating Richard Engle for chair? Is that our quarterback?

checking on the stream... bear with us.

For those just reading the thread....

Right now the credential committee is checking credentials and there are speakers talking to the caucus. This could be a long process so not much will happen for awhile except listening to a bunch of boring speeches.

Most of the speakers thus far keep making comments pertaining to staying together and making sure we get Obama out.

The establishment knows we are here in force.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Most of the speakers thus far keep making comments pertaining to staying together and making sure we get Obama out.

they tend to say that just before they try to shaft us. They then say it again if they succeed.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Don't that just piss ya off!

We are underway.

Chair is excellent, telling people they can replace him if they want, they can overrule him if they want.

Even opened by saying in 76 Ron Paul was his conservative mentor for GOP delegates, and he got his chance and the conservative movement got its start thanks to people like Dr Paul & Ronald Reagan.
    For Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by dancjm View Post
    We are underway.

Chair is excellent, telling people they can replace him if they want, they can overrule him if they want.

Even opened by saying in 76 Ron Paul was his conservative mentor for GOP delegates, and he got his chance and the conservative movement got its start thanks to people like Dr Paul & Ronald Reagan.
    Interesting. I hope it isn't just lip service before they stick it to us.

I am sure it is all talk. Our governor just laid out their intentions by saying Romney is the nominee.

nevermind
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    When Freedom is Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Freedom.