Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arizona state convention

Arizona state convention

Sitting in my seat. Updates to follow. Depends on how many of our alternates get seated.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good luck! I saw they printed a list of all your names in the paper as if you had two heads. Best of luck!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Good luck there in Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    good luck! I saw they printed a list of all your names in the paper as if you had two heads. Best of luck!
    I really wish more of our people down here were more discrete in what they self reported.

They were discrete. Romney spent $1M to a consulting firm to investigate everyone who signed up to be a national delegate.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeal View Post
    They were discrete. Romney spent $1M to a consulting firm to investigate everyone who signed up to be a national delegate.
    No, he won't use the patriot act and cispa, not that one.....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Wish you the best of luck from WA State!

Sitting in my seat. Updates to follow. Depends on how many of our alternates get seated.
    Good deal. Glad we have someone giving us info. Info hard to come by so far in AZ.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm trying to be patient, lol!
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Message from the AZ convention:

All delegates and alternates must stay until meeting adjourns " sine die" or they can reverse votes.
    "We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Is there a link to that? What was published and was it a newspaper or some Republican rag? The GOP establishment did that to us in 2008 at the Missouri State Convention.

Cheering is split 50/50. We won't know until we vote for ncm and ncw.

so arizona is the best bet in getting delegates today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Message from the AZ convention:
    In Colorado all the Romney delegates went home and the Paul supporters stayed until it was adjourned. And then proceeded to help the arena staff clean up the convention floor that the Romney people had made a tremendous mess of. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    so arizona is the best bet in getting delegates today.
    How's Oklahoma doing?

Lady on stage explaining how to text from a cell phone!

Clearly old guard.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Same lady suggest including young people in the political process!

They don't get as clued out as that.

Here's the Arizona stream:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ronpaulorbust

Various Romney and Ron Paul supporters speaking.

When Romney supporters speak, the BooooS definitely have it!

So I'm confused, watching the live stream it says they still have to credential delegates? It seems Romney has the numbers at the AZ convention but not all of them are actually delegates?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

How's Oklahoma doing?
    Sounds like OK is gone. Hope AZ can pull out a win for Paul.

To be fair, these are States where we pulled in..what...9% or less of the vote? I'd say we put on a pretty good show. I just wish we weren't so rude about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Rebellion View Post
    Is there a link to that? What was published and was it a newspaper or some Republican rag? The GOP establishment did that to us in 2008 at the Missouri State Convention.
    I posted may have posted it in the AZ forum. If not I can get it.

A blog is sorta liveblogging it but they don't have much. Just some comments on 'Paul crazies'.

h xxp://www.prescottenews.com/home/item/19933-yavapai-delegation-at-the-az-republican-convention#axzz1ugV8QtlJ

From what I gathered, there are a lot of (legal) citizens that are fed up with AZ's current immigration problems. Which would lead me to believe that they're intelligent enough to see Ron Paul would help them secure the boarder. If I lived there that would be my number #1 concern anyway.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John Yowan‏@Yowan

They have to reprint the ballots at the #AZGOP convention. asterisks were by names of #Romney endorsed people. Not enough paper. #RonPaul

a Romney bot and an insulting one at that, on twitter tweeted this link which if a true statute says all are bound on first ballot unless released for guy at top of vote in AZ http://t.co/4ama8jGs that is a STATUTE not a rule, note.

1m sailing ‏ @usernamenuse
    @sonoranalliance @RonPaul Is #azgop violating RNC rule 11 by treating one candidate as nominee w/o waiver by all 50 states? ASTERISKS byname

7m sailing ‏ @usernamenuse
    @sonoranalliance @RonPaul looks like one ballot to me and there are other things to vote on at RNC besides Pres. For ex VP rules etc #azgop

8m sailing ‏ @usernamenuse
    @sonoranalliance why r u so insulting? Is that how u like to portray #MittRomney supporters? #azgop

12m Sonoran Alliance ‏ @sonoranalliance
    Hey @RonPaul bots read the law! Each delegate to the national convention shall use his best efforts: http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatD...16&DocType=ARS #azgop
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-12-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen View Post
    From what I gathered, there are a lot of (legal) citizens that are fed up with AZ's current immigration problems. Which would lead me to believe that they're intelligent enough to see Ron Paul would help them secure the boarder. If I lived there that would be my number #1 concern anyway.
    I guess it depends on who the boarder is, whether you want to "secure" him/her or not. Secure from what? Is it someone who came across the border illegally?

I wish az had more updates. I can't tell from tweets if things are going good or bad
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

By one guy tweeting and warning us not to break the law and unbind delegates (which is legislation not a rule) it sounds as if he was concerned we had enough strength to do so. I hope he is right about that.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast