Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why did Justin Amash vote for H.R. 4133?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    No, you took a post of mine (which I already explained in this very thread) and implied I meant something else by it.

Everyone can read for themselves how you acted. They can decide for themselves.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

Everyone can read for themselves how you acted. They can decide for themselves.
    It doesn't really seem like anyone cares, except for you and a couple of others.

Most people acknowledged that he voted for a $#@!ty bill, and moved on. Some may watch him closer for a while (as I will), but no one who previously supported him is throwing him under the bus.

You're the one blowing this up.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    Can someone just ask him already? I'd actually like to know before throwing him under any moving vehicles.
    Here's a thought - we could even call his office Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Here's a thought - we could even call his office Monday.
    A wild strong independent conservative woman appears!

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he might have voted yes to fool the neocons so he can stay in office a little longer to fight for us on other issues.

it was one of those issues where amash probably was better off taking one for the team so he wont get picked on. it was like 400 vs 2. would you want amash to vote no.. so it would be 400 vs 3, but then he gets bullied out by the establishment? u sometimes gotta learn when to retreat so u can fight another day.

ron has been voting the way he said he would and he wont be seeking re-election in congress... so of course he will vote no =P.

Pressure from the Israel lobby is extremely strong, I think he just doesn't want to be kicked out after one term for distinguishing himself by standing up to AIPAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    Pressure from the Israel lobby is extremely strong, I think he just doesn't want to be kicked out after one term for distinguishing himself by standing up to AIPAC.
    yep. i rather have him take one for the team so he can fight another day.

it is like a guy sacrificing himself to a horde of zombies so he can buy his group some time.. but the group tries to talk him out of it, thus negating the time that the guy is trying to buy. its pointless!

rather have him vote yes for israel.. so he can vote no against stuff like SOPA, NDAA, CISPA, and other things in the long term. although, i'd probably watch him to see how much he is compromising to stay in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    it was one of those issues where amash probably was better off taking one for the team so he wont get picked on. .
    I don't think I like the sound of that....

Life long democrat recently turned RonPaulitan

Originally Posted by Austrian Econ Disciple
    "I like that guys spunk."

he might have voted yes to fool the neocons so he can stay in office a little longer to fight for us on other issues.

it was one of those issues where amash probably was better off taking one for the team so he wont get picked on. it was like 400 vs 2. would you want amash to vote no.. so it would be 400 vs 3, but then he gets bullied out by the establishment? u sometimes gotta learn when to retreat so u can fight another day.

ron has been voting the way he said he would and he wont be seeking re-election in congress... so of course he will vote no =P.
    Ron has always voted no when it was against his principles, regardless of whether sought re-election or not. Your statement is therefore misleading.

yep. i rather have him take one for the team so he can fight another day.

it is like a guy sacrificing himself to a horde of zombies so he can buy his group some time.. but the group tries to talk him out of it, thus negating the time that the guy is trying to buy. its pointless!

rather have him vote yes for israel.. so he can vote no against stuff like SOPA, NDAA, CISPA, and other things in the long term. although, i'd probably watch him to see how much he is compromising to stay in the game.
    When you vote to support israel you're stirring up a lot of anger in the middle east. That's why you have all these terrorist attacks. You can't have freedom under those conditions.

If everybody here gave in to a few issues then we'd end up just like the democrats and republicans. Some would give in to welfare and others would give in to "security".

well then.. theres 400 statesmen to replace.

Interesting to look at history
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Interesting to look at history
    Yes, very interesting.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If memory serves correctly, he got hit pretty hard on his Facebook feed for this vote. He apologized and said he saw the error in his ways, not something a principled statesmen would do. He likely succumbed to the pro-Israeli foreign policy trap and agreement every single congressman is forced to sign upon entering the House, lest they never be supported again on any bills of consequence for the rest of their term(s) in office.

Interesting seeing even back then, people scrambling to attack or defend him on this one. Either way, this is a great moment in history looking back, now that we have seen the direction he has taken.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123