Thread: Joel Robideaux and Charlie Davis -- Can We Run Liberty Candidates in Louisiana?

Joel Robideaux and Charlie Davis -- Can We Run Liberty Candidates in Louisiana?

Joel Robideaux is the former Speaker Pro Tempore in Louisiana and a current State Representative--not to mention head of the Means and Ways Committee in the LA House.

Charlie Davis is a former Executive Director of the LA GOP.

Both co-chaired the Ron Paul campaign in 2012 in this state to victory in the caucuses. So my question is, how can we get these guys into office (or higher office)?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    First, I believe we actually won 2008, but the GOP bent the rules to defeat us. I was about 40 votes away from being a delegate. At the last second they extended a deadline, the day after we filed an entire slate of delegates with a check signed by the Ron Paul campaign. So I contest the implicit assumption that we actually lost in 2008, but managed to win this time..

Second, I do not believe we won Louisiana because establishment types had titles within the campaign. From my own observations in doing what volunteering I did (including running for alt delegate), it was the grassroots activists (the same kind that we had in 2008) that carried us. What is different this time was that in 2008, nobody knew who in the hell Ron Paul was. I wore cafe press T-shirts with the text "Who is Ron Paul?" printed on it. I bought a sheet of plywood, painted "Google Ron Paul" on it, and put it up in front of a friend's business along the I-10 service road. So much of that type of activism took place. We planted seeds in 2008, and to suggest that we won because we had politicians embedded is to discount all the work and effort put in over all these years. We were bound to have higher numbers than last time because people have had 4 more years to learn who Ron Paul was.

In summary, please do not credit those people for our victory. It was a grassroots victory for a movement whose time has come, plain and simple.

I was around in 2008. I know how close, and sketchy, it was.

I've also been around throughout 2012. Yes, of course grassroots action is important. So is effective leadership. We had both.

Now, that didn't pertain to my topic at all, which is that Charlie Davis and Joel Robideaux are previously-successful types who could run strong campaign in Louisiana and win. So, how do we get them too? If you'd like to suggest someone else, in a winnable race, please do.

I work with Joel. He's focused on his current job as Chairman of Ways & Means. The next state elections in Louisiana are in 2015. At some point, he will focus on whether he will run for anything else.
    Huey P. Long, "The Kingfish"
    Former Governor, Senator and leading opponent of the Big Bankers.
    Kingfish Consulting: Experience winning elections, since 1928.

Quote Originally Posted by hueylong View Post
    I work with Joel. He's focused on his current job as Chairman of Ways & Means. The next state elections in Louisiana are in 2015. At some point, he will focus on whether he will run for anything else.
    Keep us updated. I envy your job.