Thread: Listen Up, AND LISTEN UP GOOD!

Listen Up, AND LISTEN UP GOOD!

Hello my fellow patriots!

I realize there have been many posts about what has happened the last couple of days. I am just as confused as everyone else. I have read some posts where supporters are angry at fellow supporters. This is ultimately going to be a positive post, but I must first get something off of my chest.

I am extremely disappointed in the behavior of many of the Ron Paul supporters, whether it's on this site or on the Daily Paul. I became a Ron Paul fan in 2009, when a U.S. Marine told me about him. I did my research and read his writings and famous speeches (Ron Paul Library) and fell in love. His writing on class warfare and individuals is what turned me into a "Paulbot." From there, I read his writings on social issues, monetary policy, basic economics, followed up by foreign policy. I have to admit, foreign policy took some time. I took some research and understanding, but eventually I succumbed to his position. Although, I do not agree with everything Dr. Paul believes in, in foreign policy as well, reading, seeing and hearing Dr. Paul has forever changed my life. As stated before, this all happened in 2009. In May of last year (2011), I was watching For Liberty when I heard about this site and the Daily Paul. Let me just say, finding and signing up on the two sites has been a helped me find form my views on a wide range of issues. A lot of you have helped me, with your posts and opinions, and I am grateful for that. Moreover, this site has gotten me engaged in a way I never thought I would. I went up to New Hampshire to help campaign for Dr. Paul and I got involved in the Massachusetts caucuses, in large part because of this site and the Daily Paul. To sum up this part of my post, I just want to say thank you to all of you. Thank you, whether you are a liberal, conservative, moderate libertarian (if that makes sense), libertarian, or an anarchist. At the end of the day, we are all here for Dr. Paul and his message. We are a team. This leads me to my criticism:

As I wrote in the first sentence of the previous paragraph, I am extremely disappointed with a lot of my fellow patriots. There have been many ups and downs in this campaign (2012). At the beginning, we didn't know what to expect, we were just so amped because Dr. Paul got in the race. It was almost like hearing about a huge party that was going to be thrown, and you were just excited that there was going to be one. You know that feeling? That's at least how I felt.

As we went through the first debates, we felt good, yet we still didn't know what to expect. As the money came in and new TV ads started to appear, we were impressed. We were even more excited. As Iowa came into focus, with the help of poll numbers, we were at an all-time high. We all thought, "we can do this!" As we know, we didn't win Iowa outright (some may disagree with that), but we finished second in New Hampshire, and had a good showing in Maine. A sense of reality hit us hard, and with the help of the blackout, we realized how difficult this was going to be. We kept pushing. Our recent showings at state caucuses have brought upon us new energy. We were once again experiencing a high. We were racking up state after state after state. How were we doing this? GRASSROOTS! This is something Mitt Romney and President Obama lack.

Then came this cluster**** email and we all (excuse me) pooped ourselves. And for what? I have been reading a lot of comments on this site since the cluster happened, and I couldn't believe my eyes. Think about how much work we have put in. Think about the 07ers and how much effort and energy they put in, for four-five years! Think about the For Liberty movie. Think about the brochures. Think about the moneybombs. Think about all the YouTube tributes and promotions. Think about all the flyers. Remember Ames and all those red shirts. Think about Dick Morris and how nervous he was leading up to Iowa. And now we run into a bump in the road, and we are all willing to throw ALL of this work out the window? Are you truly willing to do that? I'll tell you what...I AM NOT! We have the establishment RIGHT where we want them. They are scared. As my generation says, "they be scurred!" What I am so disappointed with is that quite a few of the comments which are negative have been by the 07ers. It truly hurts me to think that, because a lot of them are the ones who brought us (people like myself) here. Who have worked the hardest. And they seem so eager to throw it all away because of one man, Jesse Benton.

I will be honest, I think the campaign has done a hell of a job. Perfect, no, but a hell of a job. Think about where we were when Dr. Paul announced his candidacy. Really think about it. Now think about where he and we are today. Hell, think about where this movement was in 07! I can only speak for myself and remember I was a zombie. Now look at me, I own two Ron Paul shirts and involve myself in local elections and meet new people all the time BECAUSE of Dr. Paul and this movement.

So why the quitting attitude? I don't get it. Put this into perspective. When, in life, does anything go to plan? RARELY. I am only 24 years old and I realize this. Part of the fun is going through the mud in order to obtain your dream. As the great Miley Cyrus stated, "It's about the climb." (okay, that was a joke). But seriously, what good is it, if you are not having fun? When this is all said and done, will it not feel better knowing that we went through hell and high water to get Dr. Paul and his ideas where we want them to be? I think it makes it that much better.

We are better than this. When times get hard, that's when family gets closer and find ways to get through it. We all might come from different backgrounds, we all might not necessarily like each other, but we ALL have one thing in common ---- and that is Ron Paul and this movement. Where it goes, is up to us, not the campaign. We must come together. This is what they, the establishment, want...us to turn on each other and this movement. Well, you know what? F*ck that! This is my movement. This is what I want. This is OUR time.

Forget the email. Forget the cluster. Forget it, please. Continue doing what you have been doing and don't stop until we win. Whether we win the nomination, influence the platform, win congressional seats, or just wake more people up...DON'T STOP NOW! We have invested too much time and money, and there is too much on the line for us to stop now. I want to take these shackles off and free myself. And if you don't want to do this for yourselves, do it for your loved ones. Do it for your parents. Do it for your brothers/sisters. Do it for your husbands. Do it for your wives. Do it for you children. Do it for all of the Paulbots! Do it for America.

Enough with the bickering. Enough with the defeatist attitude. Lets get positive. Lets get focused. Lets finish what we started.

TO LIBERTY!
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nothing personal. But I'm in it for the win. For the voctory. To stick it in the face of the republicrats that have destroyed this country, our Liberties and an American way of life that American men and women have fought and died for. I was in it for the future of my kids. I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul. Moreso than any other person on the face of this earth. He's done more to open my eyes, than the corrupt SOB's that have to try and blind me. For that, I owe him a lot more than I've done. I've only bought clothes, donated money, took time off from work, became a delegate for the first time, held thousands of discussion and debates in his favor, sat my kids down and held long drawn out discussion (that they couldn't have cared any less about) and many other things. But, I did it for a reason. Maybe a selfish one. But none the less, I accomplished Ron Paul's goal. I got involved.

*Note: I'm still going to the Texas State convention. I'm still going to fight for our three selected Ron Paul delegates in my district to go to the national convention. But, If Ron Paul drops out, endorses Romney or anything short of trying to become president of the United States, my support will return to the Libertarian Party, faster than you can drop a hot skillet.

Last edited by hrdman2luv; 05-16-2012 at 09:52 AM.

If you feel like you need a kick in the ass, watch this again.

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Great post! Thank you!

I am not young like you, but I am just a baby in the Ron Paul world. I found all of you and Ron just a few months ago.

I pray that the fight continues, and I know this is one prayer that will come true. The first thing that I learned here was ... YOU guys don't give up!

+1

Good stuff
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

Quote Originally Posted by TrishW View Post
    Great post! Thank you!

I am not young like you, but I am just a baby in the Ron Paul world. I found all of you and Ron just a few months ago.

I pray that the fight continues, and I know this is one prayer that will come true. The first thing that I learned here was ... YOU guys don't give up!
    Exactly, WE DON'T GIVE UP!

Quote Originally Posted by hrdman2luv View Post
    Nothing personal. But I'm in it for the win. For the voctory. To stick it in the face of the republicrats that have destroyed this country, our Liberties and an American way of life that American men and women have fought and died for. I was in it for the future of my kids. I have a lot of respect for Ron Paul. Moreso than any other person on the face of this earth. He's done more to open my eyes, than the corrupt SOB's that have to try and blind me. For that, I owe him a lot more than I've done. I've only bought clothes, donated money, took time off from work, became a delegate for the first time, held thousands of discussion and debates in his favor, sat my kids down and held long drawn out discussion (that they couldn't have cared any less about) and many other things. But, I did it for a reason. Maybe a selfish one. But none the less, I accomplished Ron Paul's goal. I got involved.

*Note: I'm still going to the Texas State convention. I'm still going to fight for our three selected Ron Paul delegates in my district to go to the national convention. But, If Ron Paul drops out, endorses Romney or anything short of trying to become president of the United States, my support will return to the Libertarian Party, faster than you can drop a hot skillet.

I agree. And good post. Thanks!

bump.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great post! I think you're seeing a lot of peoples true colors now. As soon as they face a little adversity, they're jumping ship. While this is about getting Ron Paul elected, it's about so much more. It's about changing the face of the GOP and the nation, which is no small task. It's going to take hard work and there will be set backs along the way. You just need to persevere and stay strong and determined. People are coming around. Slowly but surely they are coming around. Keep the faith brother!
    Last edited by jovasi; 05-16-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jovasi View Post
    Great post! I think you're seeing a lot of peoples true colors now. As soon as they face a little adversity, they're jumping ship. While this is about getting Ron Paul elected, it's about so much more. It's about changing the face of the GOP and the nation, which is no small task. It's going to take hard work and there will be set backs along the way. You just need to persevere and stay strong and determined. People are coming around. Slowly but surely they are coming around. Keep the faith brother!
    I think a lot of people are confused and frustrated. And to tell you the truth, rightfully so. But this is all a test. If we want to change the country, we need to dig our heels into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by jovasi View Post
    Those of us that are pissed off now, are pissed because we are scared. I am 19 years old and I am scared for the future of my (Future) children. I am not married, and not expecting to have children for a long time, but I am scared for their future. Ron Paul was the hope that I had for the future, and then to hear this defeated email coming form his campaign crushed me. To hear talk about preparing the way for Rand to run crushed me. I could care less about Rand. This is not 2016, this is 2012. Do not think we are giving up, or quiting. We are tired. We need a chance to fume and be pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by jcannon98188 View Post
    Those of us that are pissed off now, are pissed because we are scared. I am 19 years old and I am scared for the future of my (Future) children. I am not married, and not expecting to have children for a long time, but I am scared for their future. Ron Paul was the hope that I had for the future, and then to hear this defeated email coming form his campaign crushed me. To hear talk about preparing the way for Rand to run crushed me. I could care less about Rand. This is not 2016, this is 2012. Do not think we are giving up, or quiting. We are tired. We need a chance to fume and be pissed.
    You do not have to be scared. Ron Paul tells us that making him president is not the way to achieve liberty. Liberty, peace, and prosperity comes from honesty. Here is how: HR 1098. Implement HR 1098 and Fred Flintstone can be president for all we care.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

You have to understand that this movement must go deeper than electing a liberty minded President. If we only have a liberty minded president and that's it, things will eventually return to the status quo. That's why we must change things from the ground up, at every level of government, and that's what's happening here. This is unfortunately a slow process, but we are gaining momentum. We must stay vigilant and strong and we will prevail, eventually.

I'm still confused on a lot of this and I think that's a mistake of the campaign. This campaign is like a bull in a china shop when it comes to announcing things that should be handled more carefully. What should have been said on day 1 is that "the Paul campain is making a strategy shift which involves carefully selecting where we'll spend our funds."

If that simple sentence would've been said there woudn't have been any of those headlines saying that Paul has dropped out and there would be far fewer people who feel they've been dumped by the campaign. It's very frustrating. It is what it is. I've been in marketing since 1996 and I wish to God that I was part of the campaign because this $#@! could've been avoided. A lot of it could have in fact.
    Last edited by tennman; 05-16-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Most of these whiners are not going to stop whining and start doing.

Not even a video from the big boss himself can inspire some of the dead weight in this movement.

Please I would love to be proved wrong, somebody prove me wrong.
    Last edited by eleganz; 05-16-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I agree, like they say in England STAY CLAM AND CARRY ON

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    ...Enough with the bickering. Enough with the defeatist attitude. Lets get positive. Lets get focused. Lets finish what we started.

TO LIBERTY!
    I agree with about 90% of your thoughts and completely agree with your sentiment. I do however feel must add, if Ron Paul doesn't make it to the White House it's not the end of the game.

It's his message NOT HIM, that's important!

This is what so many that are so willing to throw in the towel don't seem to get.

READ THE EMAIL:

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul 5/15 Email
    From the very beginning, my campaign for the White House has been about REAL change and true reform.

It’s been about changing the Republican Party – and more importantly, changing the direction of our country.

It’s been about renewing respect for the founding principles of limited constitutional government, free markets, and sound money.

...this has never been just a campaign. This is a R3VOLUTION – and so far, it’s been a very successful one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul 5/15 Email
    Tens of thousands of liberty-minded young people are now active in politics and working feverishly for a better tomorrow for our country.

As much as some in power may not like it, these young people are not going anywhere.

And liberty candidates are filing to run for office all across the nation at seemingly every level of government.

Thanks to the hard work and dedication of folks like you, we are the future of the Republican Party.
    His message is LOUD AND CLEAR! There are two political parties in this country (that the populous takes seriously) and we are taking over one of them FOR LIBERTY!
    Last edited by CJPrinter; 05-16-2012 at 12:07 PM.
    "The reality is that politics involves itself with us whether we like it or not. We can bury our heads in the sand and hope that things don't get too bad, or we can fight back when government treats us as its servant rather than its master." -Ron Paul July 5, 2005

bump

I dont even understand how people can consider "quitting". Its just not a f*cking option.

We're talking about the future of America, the World.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I dont even understand how people can consider "quitting". Its just not a f*cking option.

We're talking about the future of America, the World.
    Exactly.

It's nice seeing these comments now.

It seems like we are back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    You do not have to be scared. Ron Paul tells us that making him president is not the way to achieve liberty. Liberty, peace, and prosperity comes from honesty. Here is how: HR 1098. Implement HR 1098 and Fred Flintstone can be president for all we care.
    Kill the Federal Reserve, and they still have NDAA and the Patriot Act and whatever the hell else they want to use to imprison us.

Some need to reread the Mission statement dated May 11, 2007 of the grassroots and this forum from time to time.

Mission Statement: Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Ron was and ever will be the Inspiration. When he was running for POTUS, he was the goal. When that time was over in 08' the mission continued. It will also continue after November 6, 2012.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Great post by the OP. I leave you with this thought:

IGNORE THE CAMPAIGN

Kill the Federal Reserve, and they still have NDAA and the Patriot Act and whatever the hell else they want to use to imprison us.
    True enough. However, when they lose their printing press, they don't have money to fund those programs without direct taxation. Right now they are funded through the inflation tax which disappears with the End of The FED.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    I think a lot of people are confused and frustrated. And to tell you the truth, rightfully so. But this is all a test. If we want to change the country, we need to dig our heels into the ground.
    Thanks for the intelligently written post No Free Beer. This happened back in 2007-2008 as well. Unfortunately, some Ron Paul supporters are just "fair weather friends." Ron Paul ignited the spark and now the grassroots needs to continue to push forward and keep the brushfires burning. There's a saying from the civil rights movement - KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE PRIZE. Let's keep focusing on restoring the constitution and NOTHING can stop us.
    Paranoia is having all of the facts.
    www.classifiedwoman.com

"great men do not seek power, they have power thrust upon them"

bump

Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.