Thread: How do I become a delegate in Illinois?

thanks for the reply

Rob

thanks for posting this for me to help me get connected. my account was just activated so I can post on here. I have read some of the forums and replys but never activated a memebrship until today.

So I voted for my 3 RP delegates and the alternate delegates in the primary, and a few days ago I emailed my GOP people to inquire about becoming a delegate and they have been giving me the runaround. I am new to the whole process and have only voted in primary and general elections before. I voted for RP in the TX primary in 2007 back when I lived in San Antonio. This campaign I have donated to a few money bombs and bought a couple of T-Shirts and wear them around when I have a chance. I was even stopped by a TSA agent at the airport who is a RP supporter. I signed up for the Aurora meetup group because it is the closest to me. Today I signed up for the Chicago meetup group since there are more members. I just want to help any way that I can - even if I can't be a delegate. However, the local GOP people told me that they have open slots for the Winfield Township.

Anyone who is a delegate already and knows more about the process - please post some comments

Thanks

Matt

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey Matt, I think you meant to comment on a previous thread, rather than start a new one! You'll see the Illinois forum here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...p?152-Illinois

You'll see the original thread I posted here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ter-Needs-Help!

And you'll see the second thread I started in the general grassroots forum here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...98#post4413498

Let me know if you have any questions! Welcome to the community!
    Support my small liberty home business.

"80% of success is showing up." - Woody Allen

"Good luck is the ability to spot opportunity." - Unknown

"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing." - Oscar Wilde

My Original Songs

Thanks ninepointfive!
    Support my small liberty home business.

"80% of success is showing up." - Woody Allen

"Good luck is the ability to spot opportunity." - Unknown

"A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing." - Oscar Wilde

My Original Songs

old post

so if I wasnt on the delegat ballot, and didnt get those signatures - am I wasting my time? I have heard that if you just show up, you have a chance of becoming a delegate, simply because plenty of people dont bother to show up. also, in that post it says that the convention is downstate in Springfield - I have an email from the RP campaign saying that the convention was in Tinley Park - which is a Chicago suburb. I have been in correspondence with my local GOP and they are giving me the runaround about my address and what district I am officially in. The one guy said that if my district is full he could have me as a delegate in Winfield Township, but has passed me along back and forth between party people. I just want to help, and if I can go on to be a delegate I would gladly do so. I have already asked off from work for Friday and Saturday June 8th-9th

I think you are confusing two things.

There's a National Delegate, which is someone who will attend the Republican National Convention in August to vote for the Republican Presidential nominee.

There's a Precinct Committeeman (sometimes referred to as a delegate), which is someone who is a voting member of your local GOP organization (for example, Winfield Tonwship).

It is absolutely too late for you to become a National Delegate as they were elected in the March primary. However, you can still become a Precinct Committeeman. Those positions were also elected in the March primary but if there are vacancies available, you can be appointed to the position.

The one caveat is that the Precinct Committeeman position is different between Cook County and every other county in Illinois. Cook County has its own process of electing Precinct Committeeman (I think they're called something else too in Cook County).

Read this for more info about the Committeeman position:
    http://republicannewswatch.com/wp/?p=11336

I can help

Quote Originally Posted by mattmcadams08 View Post
    Rob

thanks for posting this for me to help me get connected. my account was just activated so I can post on here. I have read some of the forums and replys but never activated a memebrship until today.

So I voted for my 3 RP delegates and the alternate delegates in the primary, and a few days ago I emailed my GOP people to inquire about becoming a delegate and they have been giving me the runaround. I am new to the whole process and have only voted in primary and general elections before. I voted for RP in the TX primary in 2007 back when I lived in San Antonio. This campaign I have donated to a few money bombs and bought a couple of T-Shirts and wear them around when I have a chance. I was even stopped by a TSA agent at the airport who is a RP supporter. I signed up for the Aurora meetup group because it is the closest to me. Today I signed up for the Chicago meetup group since there are more members. I just want to help any way that I can - even if I can't be a delegate. However, the local GOP people told me that they have open slots for the Winfield Township.

Anyone who is a delegate already and knows more about the process - please post some comments

Thanks

Matt
    I'm sorry I didn't see your post before, but I'm mostly on the DailyPaul, if you still want to become a delegate, email me at sovereign120(at)gmail(dot)com

Volunteer and Supporter ACTION ALERT!!!

Illinois Republican Party 2012 State Convention DEADLINE EXTENDED

ATTENTION Ron Paul Supporters,

The May 18th cutoff for Committeemen to turn in their Delegate slates appears to have been a soft deadline!!! There is still time for you to contact your Township and Ward Committeemen and ask to be appointed a Delegate or Alternate delegate for the Illinois Republican Party 2012 State Convention, occurring June8th and 9th in Tinley Park, Illinois. There are still 12 "At Large Delegate" spots to the RNC National Nominating Convention up for Grabs and it is CRITICAL that each and every one of us tries to become Delegate OR Alternate Delegate to the State Convention in order to nominate candidates and secure these RNC Delegates for Ron Paul on June 9th, 2012.

Details (including the 2-day agenda) of the 2012 Illinois Republican Party State Convention can be found HERE.

YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED VOTER TO ATTEND AS A DELEGATE.

INSTRUCTIONS for Cook County Suburbs:
    1) Find out who your TOWNSHIP Republican Committeeman is.

2) Contact your TOWNSHIP Republican Committeeman and ask them if you can become a Delegate to the Illinois State Republican Party Convention. It is not necessary to identify yourself as a Ron Paul supporter. Be firm but polite. If you cannot be added as a Delegate ask to go as an Alternate Delegate.

3) Once you have been selected as a Delegate or Alternate Delegate by your TOWNSHIP Republican Committeeman, Purchase your ticket to the convention HERE.

INSTRUCTIONS for City of Chicago:
    1) If you live in the City of Chicago, Find out who your Ward Committeeman (old map) is here: Chicago Republican Party Committeemen.

2) Contact your Republican WARD Committeeman and ask them if you can become a Delegate to the Illinois State Republican Party Convention. It is not necessary to identify yourself as a Ron Paul supporter. Be firm but polite. If you cannot be added as a Delegate, ask to go as an Alternate Delegate.

3) Once you have been selected as a Delegate or Alternate Delegate by your WARD Republican Committeeman, Purchase your ticket to the convention HERE.

NOTE: "All Delegates (and Alternate Delegates) must be appointed by the Republican County Party Chairman from the County in which they reside. All Delegates from Cook County must be appointed by the Republican Township or Ward Committeeman from the Township or Ward in which they reside and are registered to vote. All appointments are subject to approval by the Committee on Credentials. No refunds will be given for registrations that do not follow the above policy or contain false information."

WE MUST ACT NOW to Secure as many Delegate Spots as possible!

Finally, If you are chosen to become a Delegate or Alternate Delegate to the state convention, Please contact Scott Davis via e-mail at scottd@ronpaul2012.com.
    email I just got on Friday... it's specified towards my own location but I imagine you'd get a similar email. I would contact Scott at the email below...

There's still time, but i've tried calling and I keep getting the run around as well. They're on to us...
    Last edited by NoOneButPaul; 05-27-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    It's just an opinion... man...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.