Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Push: Hangout with Ron (WANT MILLIONS ON MAY 17TH?)

Exclamation Grassroots Push: Hangout with Ron (WANT MILLIONS ON MAY 17TH?)

Mission: Get Ron Paul on a 'Google Hangout On Air' for the May 17th Moneybomb for 15-20 minutes speech to supporters to maximize donations.
    Update 5/10/12: The campaign is aware of the Moneybomb and this event, keeping sending emails to show your support!
    Update 5/12/12: Doug Wead and another staffer passed it along, but more folks need to send emails in support with a link to this thread.

*FOR THE CAMPAIGN*

What is "Google Hangout On Air"?

By checking "Enable Hangouts On Air," you can broadcast your live hangout - from the Google+ account, your YouTube channel or your website - to the entire world. You can also see how many viewers you've got; which we don't place any limit on. Once you're off the air, Google will upload a public recording to your YouTube channel, and to your original Google+ post. This way it's easy to share and discuss your broadcast after it's over.

Setup to stream over Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohlHn...e_gdata_player (WATCH THIS FOR EXPLANATION)

"Google Hangout On Air" will give the campaign completely control over who they invite to the hangout (campaign staff, advisers or no one but Paul "don't select Public"). Once you have it ready, it be can linked up to the Youtube account, wait until your ready to broadcast, then go live.

You can even embed the stream on the official campaign website, allowing you to create a page on the official website (maybe with a countdown?) for everyone to meet on at a set time determined by the campaign. You can promote that page on social media and get a huge buzz going.

This will give Paul a chance to give a speech directly to supporters, delegates and donators across the country.
    The Plan:

We can't allow the lack of funds to derail the campaign.

Ron put out a video last night asking for $650,000 in two weeks. Lucky for us, the Rise for Liberty Moneybomb is scheduled for May 17th, which places us one week into the two weeks. I have no doubt that we can raise that much and more with just the Moneybomb; that's good enough.

But, since when do we settle for good enough?

So, I’ve got a plan. The campaign has throughout this election cycle continued the same method of marketing Moneybombs; email marketing, social media and minor web promotion through pledges. We all have come to realize that the audience we are reaching is the same people over and over. We have to expand our base and find something that could appeal to the masses.

That’s why I’m proposing a simple solution; use the appeal of Ron. All we need is Ron, 15 minutes and a webcam.

Why would this be so successful? Because, people like to feel involved, they like to get excited and if you attended Doug Wead’s webcam show last night, you witnessed the power of this on a tiny scale. Obama & Romney have hosted similar events, but we all know, that it wouldn’t come close to the amount of attendance and reach that could be had with a Ron Paul hangout.

So, wanna hangout with Ron? Here's what you need to do:

Email these folks:

* If you email the campaign, include a link to this thread along with some details about the Moneybomb.

1. The single most important thing we have to do is notify the campaign and have them join on board. Nothing will happen, without their approval, since we need Ron. So, start by emailing campaign adviser, Doug Wead. He very open to suggestions, but receives a large volume of emails, so it's extremely important that everyone takes a few minutes and sends him the details and link to this thread. Send your letter to both of these Doug Wead emails accounts at:

2. Secondly, contact official Ron Paul blogger, Jack Hunter. Here's his contact form:

3. Lastly, contact the official campaign. I'll doubt we'll hear back, but they do check their email. Here's the link to the contact form:

Letter to send (up to you):

I’m sure you've heard that the grassroots has been working hard planning and promoting the upcoming Rise for Liberty Moneybomb on May 17th. We are planning to raise the $650k, plus much more. But, we need help from the official campaign. First, the Moneybomb needs to be made official as a means of maximizing donations. Secondly, and most importantly, we want to do a massive online event, like nothing done before.

We would like the campaign to setup a 'Google Hangout On Air' with Ron (that campaign easy set it up to stream on their Youtube account) on May 17th to give a speech and some motivation to supporters. It could be 10-20 minutes long with little materials or work to set up; only need a webcam. It would give an extra boost to supporters across the country, allow you provide campaign updates and give you the opportunity to reach thousands of donators.

The event would be huge. Please, we need your help to pass this along.

Here’s the link to a thread where we are talking about the event – http://tinyurl.com/bsy9sbe

For liberty,
    Grassroots volunteer

If enough of us contact the campaign, they can't ignore it. It only take a couple minutes to contact them!

The success of this event relies on you taking a little bit of your time to make it happen.

* I'll be updating this throughout the day.
    Last edited by zHorns; 05-12-2012 at 09:02 PM.
    - zHorns
    Organizer of the Rise for Liberty Moneybomb.

“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it.” - Ron Paul, Rally for the Republic

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Amazing idea. This has to be done. No disrespect to the campaign or Doug Wead, but last night him mentioning about a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) team being put together proves the campaign is a little lacking in the technical dept. They need to know about this idea ASAP.

Little more about Hangouts:
    Last edited by RonPaulRules; 05-10-2012 at 08:49 AM.

I endorse this! ;0)
    If you are in the North Texas area, join our page to get active and fight for Liberty!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/28828...8287801289033/

#LiveFree

This sounds GREAT!

Any further details about this event?

I love the way you think! I approve this message. I actually did get to "hang" with Ron at a benefit lunch. It was surreal eating and then looking over at the next table seeing him... I cannot explain it.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    It was surreal eating and then looking over at the next table seeing him... I cannot explain it.
    You groupie, you!
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

Quote Originally Posted by revned View Post
    This sounds GREAT!

Any further details about this event?
    I'll be updating the thread with more information on how to flood the campaign with this suggestion.
    - zHorns

“We, as a group, now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do something about it.” - Ron Paul, Rally for the Republic

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

bump
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Great!, our man asked for $650,000 dollars, let's donate him at least that amount on 17th!

Not to be a negative Nancy but you have to plan this well. To do a quality stream you need some good bandwidth. I would not want thousands of viewers to be disappointed.

We need a "spend a day with Ron" auction. Fly/travel with him to an event, have VIP access, etc to the highest bidder(s).
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    Not to be a negative Nancy but you have to plan this well. To do a quality stream you need some good bandwidth. I would not want thousands of viewers to be disappointed.
    It's all done free and ran by Google, using Google Hangout. No issue's.

Love the idea!

Being able to speak to Wead has been great, but obviously any chance for anyone to see Ron in a casual setting would jsut be awesome... I mean, if you want people to contribute, then remind them that they're not just donating to a politician or campaign, but a man speaks for you (and with you )
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Love the idea!

Being able to speak to Wead has been great, but obviously any chance for anyone to see Ron in a casual setting would jsut be awesome... I mean, if you want people to contribute, then remind them that they're not just donating to a politician or campaign, but a man speaks for you (and with you )
    Exactly.
    - zHorns

I made a wall post on Doug's wall about it -- Was hoping to get a lot of comments and likes on it to catch his attention. I've also sent him a PM on Facebook last night after his uStream and have yet to hear anything back on it.

It would be great if Dr. Paul could just thank the names that appear on the donation ticker, explain how the funds coming in will be utilized, take QnA, have Carol be baking cookies in the backround

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    We need a "spend a day with Ron" auction. Fly/travel with him to an event, have VIP access, etc to the highest bidder(s).
    Not highest bidder, every donation gets a chance to win. Other politicians can be bought. Not our guy.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Is the 17th already set? I think it would be better to do it AFTER the Minnesota GOP State Convention (May 18-19). We will do extremely well (think Nevada and Maine). We should be utilizing the momentum from the victories that weekend.
    ☑ First they ignore you (Pre-2007)
    ☑ Then they laugh at you (2007-2008)
    ☑ Then they fight you (2008-2011)
    ☐ Then you win
    Join the R3volution!

17th is so widespread, but 18th will be more practicle, besides this could be a way to top it up, usually the money bomb carries on til the next day. Brillian idea, spread the word.

We just need to get confirmation from the campaign that Paul would be available for a live chat at X time and we can make this spread like wild fire.
    “When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind.” -CS Lewis

I 23rd the motion BUMP
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Wow ... that is one of the better ideas I have seen for a moneybomb in a while. Of course Dr. Paul will have to give it his blessing to happen.
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hope he uses ustream for this. We don't want the stream to crash from the masses of people viewing like it did with Doug Wead last night.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stAmendguy View Post
    I hope he uses ustream for this. We don't want the stream to crash from the masses of people viewing like it did with Doug Wead last night.
    We would use GOOGLE HANGOUT as stated in the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRules View Post
    Oh OK. I didn't see it in the OP, but I just read your first post.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulRules View Post
    Would this require that you have a Google+ account in order to view?

no

I don't believe so.

Obama hosted a hangout event that pulled thousands. So, I believe all you need is the link and setting the options to public.
    - zHorns

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast