Truth is treason ... Occam's Banana's Avatar

Default "One K for Karen K" spontaneous moneybomb

One K for Karen K
    $1000.00
    Thread Total
    $1108.52
    Left To Go
    $0.00
    UPDATE: Our goal has been met! Thanks (& +rep) to all our donors! Now let's see how much more we can get ...

Glen Bradley's loss in the NC state senate primary is a terrible blow for the liberty movement. We don't have so many genuine through-and-through liberty candidates that we can afford to lose a single one of them! In light of this, we need to redouble our efforts to ensure that our remaining champions have the support they need to win their races.

With that in mind - and to celebrate the addition of a new "Defenders of Liberty" sub-forum dedicated to her on RonPaulForums - I would like to throw a spontaneous moneybomb for Karen Kwiatkowski.

Karen K. is running in the Republican primary for the Virginia 6th district of the US House of Representatives. She has been endorsed by Tom Woods, Peter Schiff, Lew Rockwell & James Bovard, among others.

Her campaign website is here: http://karenkforcongress.com
    Her "On the Issues" page is here: http://karenkforcongress.com/on-the-issues/

As you can see, Karen K. is someone the Revolution really needs to get behind & get into Congress (especially since Ron Paul won't be there for us anymore after this election - after all, he'll have his hands full being President! )

As a test of our dedication to the principles of peace, prosperity & liberty - and of our support for candidates who embody those ideals - I would like to challenge RPFs to raise (at least) $1000 for Kwiatkowski's campaign. Of course, I would like to see us raise much more than this, but "One K for Karen K" seems like a nice target to start with. Let's see if we can get a thousand dollars! (No, wait, scratch that - let's see how much OVER a thousand dollars we can get!) Is RPFs up to this challenge? Let's find out! Please contribute! Even if it's just $5.00 (five dollars might not sound like much, but put it together with other contributions and it gets us that much closer to our goal).

You can make contributions via the "DONATE" button on the main menubar at the "Karen K for Congress" website (or go here: http://tinyurl.com/3zpx2ml).

Just to get things off to a good start, I'm in for $300.00. That leaves only $700.00 to go ... so who's gonna step up?

Post the contribution details from your confirmation email to this thread, and I'll update the "ticker" (and +rep you to boot).
    Last edited by Occam's Banana; 05-26-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: updated "ticker"
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito · fiat justitia, ruat caelum · sic semper tyrannis
    The Bastiat Collection - FREE PDF

Frédéric Bastiat
    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Organization: Karen Kwiatkowski for Congress
    Donation Amount: $300.00
    Date: 5/9/2012 11:03:55 AM
    Receipt Id: 67472

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    Donation Amount: $300.00
    +rep, Patriot!

Donation Amount: $25.00
    Date: 5/9/2012 3:52:59 PM
    Receipt Id: 67477

Total Amount: $25.00

Summary of charges
    Item Price Qty SubTotal
    Donation $25.00 1 $25.00
    Total Amount: $25.00
    Karen Kwiatkowski
    Thomas Massie
    Kurt Bills
    Art Robinson
    Patrick Kelly
    John Dennis
    Rick Williams
    Richard Mack
    Justin Amash (reelection)

Thank you! Your donation is complete (Receipt #67479)

Total Amount: $50.00
    Summary of charges
    Item Price Qty SubTotal
    Donation $50.00 1 $50.00
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

bump
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect - Mark Twain

Why Government Doesn't Work

The American Ideal of 1776: The Twelve Basic American Principles

She's worth every dollar given, and then some!

Summary of charges
    Item Price Qty SubTotal
    Donation $50.00 1 $50.00

Done. I don't know why I waited this long to donate to Karen. Shame on me.

Confirmation of your donation is below. Thanks very much for your contribution!

Donation Amount: $50.00
    Date: 5/9/2012 8:53:29 PM

bump for night shift.

Morning bump. We're over half way there & still 6 days to go!
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito · fiat justitia, ruat caelum · sic semper tyrannis

Frédéric Bastiat
    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."

How much has Karen raised for the entire campaign?
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Donation Amount: $75.00
    Date: 5/10/2012 8:07:14 PM
    Receipt Id: 67523

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Donation Amount: $75.00
    Date: 5/10/2012 8:07:14 PM
    Receipt Id: 67523
    +Rep
    Karen Kwiatkowski
    Thomas Massie
    Kurt Bills
    Art Robinson
    Patrick Kelly
    John Dennis
    Rick Williams
    Richard Mack

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    How much has Karen raised for the entire campaign?
    http://fec-political-committees.find...i-for-Congress

"As of the most recent FEC filing, Karen Kwiatkowski for Congress's net contributions amounted to $75,480."

(most recent filing date was 31 March 2012)

Payday lunchtime bump

I'll chip in when I get paid again.

Her opponent is a total douche, sounds like...

Goodlatte was a supporter and advocate of the National Animal Identification System (NAIS) that would have required all farmers all over the country to register their farms with the federal government, and participate in mandatory RFID tagging and 24 hour near real time reporting to the federal government.

Goodlatte is an original sponsor and creator of the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA), H.R. 3261[4][5] The bill establishes a system for shutting down websites that the Justice Department determines to be dedicated to copyright infringement. The DoJ or the copyright owner would be able to commence a legal action against any site they deem to have "only limited purpose or use other than infringement," and the DoJ would be authorized to demand that search engines, social networking sites and domain name services block access to the targeted site.

Goodlatte is a staunch advocate of a federal prohibition of online gambling. In 2006, he sponsored H.R. 4777, the Internet Gambling Prohibition Act.[7] In September 2006, working with then Iowa Congressman Jim Leach, Goodlatte was a major House supporter of the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act of 2006. The Act was passed at midnight the day Congress adjourned before the 2006 elections. Prior to it being added to the bill, the gambling provisions had not been debated by any Congressional committee.[8] The bill was made sure to exclude online horse racing gambling. They claimed moral reasons for pushing for a ban on Internet gambling, but critics charge that it was due to campaign contributions from the horse racing industry.[9]

He's been unopposed only 4 times, and the lowest vote percentage he got was 60%. I hope Karen wipes the floor with him. Another lifer politician sucking the gubmint tit.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Payday evening bump

Total Amount: $20.12
    Summary of charges
    Item Price Qty SubTotal
    Let's do it!

Item Price Qty SubTotal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donation $20.12 1 $20.12

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount: $20.12

My patriotic girlfriend donated! wooooohooooo

bump
    "The average person figures that the president tells the truth, the vice president tells the truth, the secretary of state tell the truth; and they don't. They don't. The founders understood that people would be flawed, that political leaders would not be the best of men … so they set forth the constitution. We don't follow the constitution in this country; had we done so in 2001 and 2002, the world would be a different place" - Karen Kwiatkowski

Saturday afternoon bump

At 486 views, this thread would be nearly $1000 even if we only donated $2 each. I'll break the seal on the single digit donations with this one here:

Donation Amount: $5.00
    Date: 5/13/2012 9:51:58 AM
    Receipt Id: 67553

Happy Mother's Day Karen!

lol nice signature cjm.

Why can't we get a phone from home banner up above like Massie?
    Karen Kwiatkowski
    Thomas Massie
    Kurt Bills
    Art Robinson
    Patrick Kelly
    John Dennis
    Rick Williams
    Richard Mack

Donation $50.00 1 $50.00

Additional Comments For liberty!
    The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.

bump

If "this time next week" means the time the thread was initiated, then we've got less than 24 hours left on this money bomb.

bump!

OK. We're 2/3rds the way there.

Gonna keep this goin til were at 3/3rds ...

Frédéric Bastiat
      - The Law (p. 54)
      - Government (p. 99)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast