Thread: Will Dr. Paul be at the TEXAS State Convention next month??

Question Will Dr. Paul be at the TEXAS State Convention next month??

Anybody know?? I mean, it is his home state...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It'll probably posted here if that's the case:
    http://texasgop.org/posts

So far I've only heard about Paul Ryan (keynote) and Santorum (banquet) appearing.

Edit: from this post (note that Romney is not mentioned in the article so this could easily be referring to him, or Gingrich who is also not mentioned while Santorum is attending):

We also invited Senator Rand Paul to the Friday night Gala to be the co-keynote with Senator Rick Santorum - his staff was optimistic that he might be able to attend, but we just got word that he has an invite to the Western CPAC conference so he is unable to attend. We have extended an invitation to another key national leader and are hopeful that we can tie that down shortly.
    Last edited by LostNFoundNTx; 05-09-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Ask Doug Wead.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

Wtf, Santorum will be there?? What should I ask him if I get a chance??

* I'm going as an at-large delegate.

He wasn't last time. He SHOULD be asked, but the party establishment and Perry are rooting for Romney so we will see.

The idea of TARP voting Ryan whose budget won't balance for 20 years keynoting gives us some idea of what they value. People who won't show Romney up, apparently.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-09-2012 at 05:48 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    He wasn't last time. He SHOULD be asked, but the party establishment and Perry are rooting for Romney so we will see.
    Why can't they both go??

I'll be there as a Delegate along with KMX, Oddone, and others. I hope Paul will be there. He should be.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    Why can't they both go??
    You don't just show up, you have to be invited.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    You don't just show up, you have to be invited.
    Well he better be invited... It's the damn state he represents in Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by RileyE104 View Post
    Well he better be invited... It's the damn state he represents in Congress.
    I am absolutely certain that if he is invited he will show up.

But he wasn't in 2008 when the state party was flipping the state delegates to McCain.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.

How is he not a super delegate to the State convention?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care