Thread: Negative Story From The Nevada Convention

Negative Story From The Nevada Convention

This is an analysis from day 1 of the Nevada State Republican Convention

The day started off very hairy and contentious. Our preliminary delegate count as of 9AM was 1146 preliminary delegates to start business. We did the pledge, color guard, and elected temporary positions etc. When we got the official credentials report we had 1500+ delegates and all hell broke loose. Even accounting for the 98 alternates that got bumped up to official delegates, it's nearly a 300 person registration bump. It was clear from the beginning that the Mitt Romney campaign was engaging in dirty politics. What can you expect from people who support that scumbag. So after the Romney campaign was caught cheating and trying to "appoint" nearly 300 delegates. Flipping incompetent credentials committee screwed up and got the Romney supporters exposed for the cheats that they are. Of course the cred com is dominated by Romney supporters so it's no surprise that nearly 300 delegates "appeared" from nowhere. This cheating led to a nearly 2hour delay in getting the convention started as we had to discuss how to go about correcting the disturbance caused by Mitt Romney supporters trying to cheat.

Once we got started it was revealed that the Romney campaign was caught trying to pass out a fake slate of delegates...

The fake list has a group of people mixed between real and fake Paul supporters and Romney supporters thrown in the mix. The one on top is the real slate, and the one on the bottom is fake. Mitt Romney is a scumbag filthy liar and he passes those traits on to his supporters quite obviously. Before we got any work done it was almost noon and we had to break for lunch. While we were at lunch, the rules committee stayed and took over the counting of authorized registered delegtes because the credentials committee couldn't do their jobs. The cred com couldn't do their jobs because they were dominated by trouble-making Romney supporters. When we got back from lunch, the rules com fixed the registration problems caused by the cred com. We did a few procedural motions to move the convention along. At 2pm Ron Paul spoke. He really brought the house down because his supporters were so loud and amazing.

We had two people running for State Committeeman and three women running for State Committeewoman. Bob List vs James Smack for the men's side. Heidi Smith, Carol deCarlo, and Diane Orrok for the women. Both of the men gave decent speeches. Carol deCarlo was good and Diane Orrok was fine. Heidi Smith is the current Committeewoman and she gave a terrible speech. She whipped out with a "Support Mitt Romney sign" and totally dissed the Ron Paul folks. I was selected among a group of people to count up votes, so when it became time to vote for national committee man and national committee woman a group of us went upstairs away from the main halls to count the ballots. Most of the people counting were Ron Paul supporters thank God. You can't trust these Romney supporters at all because they're a pack of liars. With official "supervisors" from the Ron Paul and Mitt Romney campaigns we counted the votes. Bob List vs James Smack. James Smack won because he's a Ron Paul guy. Great! For the women, Diane Orrok crushed the other two women in a landslide. Because she got over 50% of there wasn't even a runoff vote. Take that Heidi Smith. Looks like your Romney supporters couldn't save you. With "supervisors" from both camps watching the votes get counted you cowards couldn't get away with blatant cheating. Everything went Ron Paul's way.

After Orrok and Smack's crushing victory we moved on to some of the more complicated votes. Electing the delegates at large, electors, and representatives from each of Nevada's four districts. Counting was long and boring but somebody has to do it and we can't trust the Mitt Romney supporters to act with any integrity. Speaking of Mitt Romney supporters, the credentials committee intentionally didn't produce enough ballots for the 1567 people in attendance. This caused yet another nearly 2 hour delay. The Mitt Romney campaign's strategy is to try and make the convention take as long as possible in the hopes that people leave but their clownish antics weren't going to work this time. Ron Paul supporters put a clause in the rules so that there cannot be a challenge to quorum until all duties are complete. Rule 4, section B, and it was passed despite the protests of the Romney supporters.

Anyway the counting of the ballots takes A LOOOONG TIME. We were counting ballots from 7:30pm until my housemate and I couldn't take it anymore. He ran out of ritalin and was falling asleep. I wasn't doing so well myself. But even when we left after 4am in the morning, there were still people there counting. The convention convened at around midnight but the vote counters stayed much later. The convention resumed at 9am. Unfortunately my housemate took too much ritalin trying to stay awake and count, and became ill. I decided not to go to the convention. We went to the convention together and I didn't want to go without him coming too. However the only things left to do was platform. We decided to skip it.

1)The Romney supporters in the credentials committee did not properly count the number of attendees at the convention. They weren't off by 20 or 30 people, they miscounted by almost 300 people. This threw the convention into chaos for two hours as everyone tried to figure out what to do about the miscount.

2)The credentials committee(dominated by Romney supporters) failed to produce enough ballots when the vote for national committeeman and woman came up. This caused nearly an hour delay.

3)The credentials committee also failed to produce enough ballots for the delegate and elector selections. If you're noticing a trend then you're not alone. On three separate occasions the credentials committee's incompetence delayed the entire convention. However...

4)During these fiascos a group of people were going around saying that the Paul campaign was slowing down the convention. As a reminder, the credentials committee was full of Mitt Romney supporters.

5)The chairman exclaimed in front of everyone what a great job the cred com was doing after it was all said and done. Cognitive dissonance to the extreme. A motion was made to remove the chairman but he "temporarily stepped down" so that if the vote to remove the chairman continued it would have wound up removing the second-in-command, James Smack. James Smack is a Paul supporter so it was clever maneuver. Not that it matters too much now because James Smack got elected as national committeeman.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You won.

Take a breath. Be Happy.

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxPress View Post

Anyway the counting of the ballots takes A LOOOONG TIME. We were counting ballots from 7:30pm until my housemate and I couldn't take it anymore. He ran out of ritalin and was falling asleep. I wasn't doing so well myself. But even when we left after 4am in the morning, there were still people there counting. The convention convened at around midnight but the vote counters stayed much later. The convention resumed at 9am. Unfortunately my housemate took too much ritalin trying to stay awake and count, and became ill. I decided not to go to the convention. We went to the convention together and I didn't want to go without him coming too. However the only things left to do was platform. We decided to skip it.
    1.Ritilin is not candy and is VERY dangerouse to use for that purpose.
    2. The second day was very important since you could have helped get the 2/3rd majority to unbind delegates. I believe the huge amount of ppl leaving saturday night was the reason we called for recess and the lack of ppl showing up on sunday is the reason they did not pursue an unbinding.

Overall I don't see how much of anything in there was "negative" since we won even against all the shenanigans.

Excellent report. Clearly we are dealing with amoral people in the Romney Status Quo Camp.
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

Get this aired on Maddow by Doug Wead - see Campaign suggestions

What was the logic of Paul people not gunning for the Chair position?

The chair followed the rules. Now some committee chairs abused their power. We are not going away in Nevada and they know this. Next Tuesday is the next central committee meeting I would wager most Paul supporters will continue the fight at the local level. We have a lot of work to do here in Nevada. We damn near have to replace every elected official.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorres View Post
    The chair followed the rules. Now some committee chairs abused their power. We are not going away in Nevada and they know this. Next Tuesday is the next central committee meeting I would wager most Paul supporters will continue the fight at the local level. We have a lot of work to do here in Nevada. We damn near have to replace every elected official.
    Worthy goal....!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorres View Post
    Good luck Nevada, you're inspiring everyone to do the same in their own state.

Quote Originally Posted by AjaxPress View Post
    This is an analysis from day 1 of the Nevada State Republican Convention

The day started off very hairy and contentious. Our preliminary delegate count as of 9AM was 1146 preliminary delegates to start business. We did the pledge, color guard, and elected temporary positions etc. When we got the official credentials report we had 1500+ delegates and all hell broke loose. Even accounting for the 98 alternates that got bumped up to official delegates, it's nearly a 300 person registration bump. It was clear from the beginning that the Mitt Romney campaign was engaging in dirty politics. What can you expect from people who support that scumbag. So after the Romney campaign was caught cheating and trying to "appoint" nearly 300 delegates. Flipping incompetent credentials committee screwed up and got the Romney supporters exposed for the cheats that they are. Of course the cred com is dominated by Romney supporters so it's no surprise that nearly 300 delegates "appeared" from nowhere. This cheating led to a nearly 2hour delay in getting the convention started as we had to discuss how to go about correcting the disturbance caused by Mitt Romney supporters trying to cheat.

Once we got started it was revealed that the Romney campaign was caught trying to pass out a fake slate of delegates...

The fake list has a group of people mixed between real and fake Paul supporters and Romney supporters thrown in the mix. The one on top is the real slate, and the one on the bottom is fake. Mitt Romney is a scumbag filthy liar and he passes those traits on to his supporters quite obviously. Before we got any work done it was almost noon and we had to break for lunch. While we were at lunch, the rules committee stayed and took over the counting of authorized registered delegtes because the credentials committee couldn't do their jobs. The cred com couldn't do their jobs because they were dominated by trouble-making Romney supporters. When we got back from lunch, the rules com fixed the registration problems caused by the cred com. We did a few procedural motions to move the convention along. At 2pm Ron Paul spoke. He really brought the house down because his supporters were so loud and amazing.

We had two people running for State Committeeman and three women running for State Committeewoman. Bob List vs James Smack for the men's side. Heidi Smith, Carol deCarlo, and Diane Orrok for the women. Both of the men gave decent speeches. Carol deCarlo was good and Diane Orrok was fine. Heidi Smith is the current Committeewoman and she gave a terrible speech. She whipped out with a "Support Mitt Romney sign" and totally dissed the Ron Paul folks. I was selected among a group of people to count up votes, so when it became time to vote for national committee man and national committee woman a group of us went upstairs away from the main halls to count the ballots. Most of the people counting were Ron Paul supporters thank God. You can't trust these Romney supporters at all because they're a pack of liars. With official "supervisors" from the Ron Paul and Mitt Romney campaigns we counted the votes. Bob List vs James Smack. James Smack won because he's a Ron Paul guy. Great! For the women, Diane Orrok crushed the other two women in a landslide. Because she got over 50% of there wasn't even a runoff vote. Take that Heidi Smith. Looks like your Romney supporters couldn't save you. With "supervisors" from both camps watching the votes get counted you cowards couldn't get away with blatant cheating. Everything went Ron Paul's way.

After Orrok and Smack's crushing victory we moved on to some of the more complicated votes. Electing the delegates at large, electors, and representatives from each of Nevada's four districts. Counting was long and boring but somebody has to do it and we can't trust the Mitt Romney supporters to act with any integrity. Speaking of Mitt Romney supporters, the credentials committee intentionally didn't produce enough ballots for the 1567 people in attendance. This caused yet another nearly 2 hour delay. The Mitt Romney campaign's strategy is to try and make the convention take as long as possible in the hopes that people leave but their clownish antics weren't going to work this time. Ron Paul supporters put a clause in the rules so that there cannot be a challenge to quorum until all duties are complete. Rule 4, section B, and it was passed despite the protests of the Romney supporters.

1)The Romney supporters in the credentials committee did not properly count the number of attendees at the convention. They weren't off by 20 or 30 people, they miscounted by almost 300 people. This threw the convention into chaos for two hours as everyone tried to figure out what to do about the miscount.

2)The credentials committee(dominated by Romney supporters) failed to produce enough ballots when the vote for national committeeman and woman came up. This caused nearly an hour delay.

3)The credentials committee also failed to produce enough ballots for the delegate and elector selections. If you're noticing a trend then you're not alone. On three separate occasions the credentials committee's incompetence delayed the entire convention. However...

4)During these fiascos a group of people were going around saying that the Paul campaign was slowing down the convention. As a reminder, the credentials committee was full of Mitt Romney supporters.

5)The chairman exclaimed in front of everyone what a great job the cred com was doing after it was all said and done. Cognitive dissonance to the extreme. A motion was made to remove the chairman but he "temporarily stepped down" so that if the vote to remove the chairman continued it would have wound up removing the second-in-command, James Smack. James Smack is a Paul supporter so it was clever maneuver. Not that it matters too much now because James Smack got elected as national committeeman.
    Actually, you've got it wrong. The chair stepped aside during the vote to remove him because that's what the rules say he has to do. And in fact, the motion should have been to remove the credentials committee chair, which is what I understand the motion was supposed to be but the maker of the motion got excited and didn't realize he misfired.

And lastly, about the chair. I was with the Clark County side of the room and it sounded to us very much like it sounded to the chair on voice votes. Only after the actual count on the vote not to accept the report on bylaws was it clear that we were mishearing because of our location. I will give the chair the benefit of the doubt that he may also have been honestly mishearing the votes.

As for fake slates. It is a common convention tactic. But the difference is that they used the Ron Paul logo on their slate. That is not acceptable.

And finally, be happy. We won just about everything we could. We have what appears to be a fair state chairman now. And we're sending a lot of liberty minded Republicans to Tampa.

Surprised they didn't take the ballots to Area 51 to count them.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Surprised they didn't take the ballots to Area 51 to count them.
    You may have explained the delay.