Thread: HuntingtonNews.net Of Huntington West Virginia Endorses Ron Paul

HuntingtonNews.net Of Huntington West Virginia Endorses Ron Paul

Texas Congressman Ron Paul is still in the race for the Republican nomination for President.

Indeed, if the amount of money Paul has raised nationally and in West Virginia is any indication, his fan base is still solid going into today's West Virginia Primary Election, following recent victories in Maine and Nevada this past weekend.

As of the reporting period ending on March 31, Romney had raised $98,909 from West Virginia donors. However, Paul was nipping at his heels, having raised $72,684, with Santorum, Gingrich, and others trailing far behind. Still, when taken altogether, the non-Romney donations outweighed Romney's donations by over $50,000.

While West Virginia has never been a huge donor base for national Republican contests, this division among the various GOP candidates is significant in that it mirrors the problem the GOP has had all year long with this field of candidates. No candidate, including Romney, can lay claim to having united the Party of Lincoln behind them in any convincing fashion.

For the sake of looking good on camera at the upcoming GOP Convention in Tampa, Florida this summer, we may hear a lot about how everyone is coming together to back the nominee. But if that nominee is Mitt Romney, we have some serious doubts about that.
    more at link....
    http://www.huntingtonnews.net/31260
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-07-2012 at 11:07 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting this or I never would have saw it. I only read Charleston newspapers and never would have saw it. WV is still a nanny state, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The wife and I will be heading out in the morning. It would be much better if the other two ding dongs were not on the ballot.

Nice.

I really wish Ron had spent a few days campaigning in West Virginia instead of whatever he's been doing the past few weeks. This was probably his best chance to win a state and maybe gain some momentum.

Have we had any ads or mailings running out there?

Quote Originally Posted by rich34 View Post
    Thanks for posting this or I never would have saw it. I only read Charleston newspapers and never would have saw it. WV is still a nanny state, but I'm cautiously optimistic. The wife and I will be heading out in the morning. It would be much better if the other two ding dongs were not on the ballot.
    I agree. Remind everyone and mutter audibly to your wife that only voting for Paul will block Romney since he is the only one still in.....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    Nice.

I really wish Ron had spent a few days campaigning in West Virginia instead of whatever he's been doing the past few weeks. This was probably his best chance to win a state and maybe gain some momentum.

Have we had any ads or mailings running out there?
    No idea. I think superbrochures were going there but I don't know how many. I agree it seems like it could have been Paul territory without much work, but I don't have the facts the campaign has.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I agree. Remind everyone and mutter audibly to your wife that only voting for Paul will block Romney since he is the only one still in.....
    Don't worry when it comes to Paulitics she goes with whatever I say, other ghan that I do whatever she says lol.

Cool little story though, back in 08 she got to be a sign language interpreter for Obama when he came to Charleston. His people took us back stage and upon headin that way his people started campaigning and I cut the guy off immediately and said we're Ron Paul supporters! "Oh really.". Yep and nothing you say is going to change that haha. I sat very close to the front (about 5 rows back from Rockefeller) and I started talking to these older guys I was sitting with and as soon as I mentioned Ron Paul the one guy immediately said that if Ron was on the ballot he'd vote for him over Obama. Afterwards when I when I went backstage to meet up with my wife the guy asked me if Obama had changed my mind and I'm like dude he's got no substance and there's no difference between him and Bush. He seemed disturbed by that. So when I got to meet and shake hands with Obama I so wanted to start pimping Ron Paul, but I didn't out of respect. Obama seemed to like my wife though. 24 back then and a hot lookin lady I didn't care to much for that, but as we were walking back to our car she was like "you no, when I was lookin into his eyes I just felt like the man was evil." Mind you my wife is not that type of person to say that about anyone and can care less about politics. I thought that was very unusual. Anyway I just thought I'd share that with everyone.

Oh, as for campaigning I haven't heard nothin or recieved anything. They don't have to worry bout me, but hopefully they did target the hardcore republican voter.

I think he is a narcissist, and in power, that can be pretty evil. But that is interesting, thanks for reporting on it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just take this, print it out and pass it out at every polling location in West Virginia.

http://paulversusromney.com/
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Covering news for a metropolitan area of 300,000 plus, including the most populated city in the state, Huntington News.net, an online news agency, has been published daily since 2000.

We serve a metropolitan area that includes Ashland, Ky., Ironton, Ohio, Portsmouth, Ohio, and Huntington, WV.
    I hope plenty of West Virginians see this. This could be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I hope plenty of West Virginians see this. This could be huge.
    Kanawha County is the most populated area in the state which includes the capitol Charleston, but Huntingon is the 2nd largest nonetheless.