Thread: Ron Paul: My Appeal Goes Beyond the GOP

Ron Paul: My Appeal Goes Beyond the GOP

Mitt Romney won the lion's share of presidential delegates in Tuesday's Republican primaries, but insurgent Ron Paul and his highly motivated supporters are still determined to push their libertarian agenda at the Republican National Convention in Tampa this August. They could also deny Romney a show of party unity as he tries to rally the GOP for the general election campaign against President Obama.

Paul, the only GOP challenger left against Romney, is focusing on state conventions where his supporters' superior organizing ability and never-say-die attitude have resulted in important delegate gains recently in Maine, Nevada and Alaska.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/Ken...beyond-the-gop

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    State party leaders think Paul's forces have the wherewithal to scoop up more delegates than expected, perhaps even a majority. "In a caucus convention system, they are formidable," Chris Vance, former chairman of the state GOP told the Associated Press. "They are motivated. They will come early and stay late."

Paul's supporters have already demonstrated an ability and an eagerness to use often-arcane party rules to battle for every delegate slot.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Worried Facebook friend posted this

RON PAUL'S PLAN TO STEAL OKLAHOMA DELEGATES:

This Saturday, in Norman, Oklahoma; Ron Paul's people intend to complete their grand design and add Oklahoma to the growing list of state delegations they already control.

The national media is largely ignoring the recent developments in many state and district conventions.

Rick Santorum won Minnesota, Missouri, Colorado, Louisiana, Iowa, and several other states. But the states I just named are now under the control of Ron Paul, and those delegates intend to vote for Paul regardless of the outcome of their Caucus results.

Oklahoma pledged all their 40 delegates to Santorum, Romney, and Gingrich; on Super Tuesday (March 6th). Ron Paul received less than 10% of the vote and zero pledged delegates.

But when the time came for selecting which individuals will wear those national delegate badges, Ron Paul's activists have already successfully received 9 of the first 15 national delegates from Oklahoma.

Each congressional district was allowed to select 3 national delegates and three of Oklahoma's district conventions (3, 4 & 5) were all controlled by Ron Paul activists. Districts 1 and 2 selected primarily Santorum supporters. Ron Paul's activists attempted a coup at District One and they are now petitioning to vacate the results of District One.

Dedicated Republicans need to work together to avoid a chaotic state convention this Saturday. The convention needs to select the final 25 delegates and protect the District One delegates. Libertarian forces are plotting to supplant the primary results by selecting an alternative slate of candidates who reflect the agenda of the American Libertarian Party.

If you are a state delegate, it is imperative that you attend the Oklahoma Republican State Convention, this Saturday. There will assuredly be a passionate struggle for control of the convention, the national delegation, and the party's future.

Stu, you should make another thread for the OK convention and not let it get buried in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Stu, you should make another thread for the OK convention and not let it get buried in this one.
    I think it should be buried until after the convention, actually. I would love it to be right, but since it hasn't been a topic here it is either not true or being kept quiet and I don't want to blow it up.

But they might just be frantic, not accurate (which would be hilarious.) All of the caucus states they mention initially have unbound delegates, which is a different situation. When did OK bind theirs? I mean, in LA I think they were unbound until this year, after the Oct 2011 deadline the RNC sent. But in OK I don't know that they changed anything from the way it was before, in which case it is a different situation than Maine.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-09-2012 at 01:03 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Arcane.
    Arcane rules.

Is that the trending phrase for the week? This has to be the third or fourth time I've heard/seen it since Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    Arcane.
    Arcane rules.

Is that the trending phrase for the week? This has to be the third or fourth time I've heard/seen it since Monday.
    Ha

Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    Arcane.
    Arcane rules.

I'm getting tired of that misused word.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ar·cane: adjective
    secret or mysterious : known or understood by only a few people
    -Merriam Webster
    heh.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV