Thread: Precinct committeeman?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Precinct committeeman?

I received an e-mail from a local meetup talking about how to become a pricinct committeeman.

What is the advantage of having Ron Paul supporters in this position? Is there any affect on the national delegates?
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's different in every state. This is the exact position all of us need to get into. I doubt it has any direct effect on national delegates. With this position you will be a member of the party with voting rights on issues such as endorsements, appointing leadership, and possibly selecting county or district committeemen.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    It's different in every state.
    I know this. I was precinct chairman in Texas.

That is why I am asking in the Florida forum.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

As brandon said, it's different in every state but in some states, it is a requirement to have a say in electing national delegates. For example, in Michigan, only Precinct Delegates (similar to Precinct Committeeman in Florida) are allowed to participate in conventions that ultimately elect national delegates.

The Precinct Committeeman position is the building block of the GOP. Every County GOP is made up of voting members and these voting member positions are usually reserved for Precinct Committeemen only. If enough supporters become PCs within one county, our group of supporters will be able to elect a County GOP Chairman and other important positions who support Ron Paul. Just think about all the enemies of liberty we've come across during these caucus processes (Eugene Dokes in Missouri, the King County Chairwoman in Washington, Charlie Webster in Maine, etc.). If enough of our supporters had become PCs two years ago, none of these people would have been in their positions this year to have fought against us.

It is the MOST important position all of us need to be aware of because it is easy to obtain and it has significant benefits.

Here's more information for others not in Florida:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...our-County-GOP
    Last edited by tsai3904; 05-07-2012 at 08:44 AM.

It would be great to have a generic write-up so that people anywhere can find the information they need to get started in their state/county GOP. This will be handy for a post we can put on the Delegates training website after the primary.

The post tsai refers to has a lot of great information, But we need something to cover all places. PC's are the best way to steer local parties, and to help break the current neocon power block in electing local candidates.

If anyone has such a link, please share it.

Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    It would be great to have a generic write-up so that people anywhere can find the information they need to get started in their state/county GOP. This will be handy for a post we can put on the Delegates training website after the primary.

The post tsai refers to has a lot of great information, But we need something to cover all places. PC's are the best way to steer local parties, and to help break the current neocon power block in electing local candidates.

If anyone has such a link, please share it.
    There can be no generic write up on how to become a PC because each state has a different process and each state has different roles for their PCs.

It took me a long time just to find information for the 10 or so states I listed. It would be great if someone can just post the info for their own state and we compile it into one.

The process to become a PC has already passed in a lot of states but we do need to be prepared for the 2014-2016 election cycle, which will be even more important since it will include a Presidential election year.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    There can be no generic write up on how to become a PC because each state has a different process and each state has different roles for their PCs.

It took me a long time just to find information for the 10 or so states I listed. It would be great if someone can just post the info for their own state and we compile it into one.

The process to become a PC has already passed in a lot of states but we do need to be prepared for the 2014-2016 election cycle, which will be even more important since it will include a Presidential election year.
    Do PC's have different roles and responsibilities in different locations?

As a PC - in my local area, I vote on vacancies - organize and implement the caucus - and am supposed to support Republican candidates.

As a PC it is an advantage to the RP Revolution when we vote on the local candidates that are chosen to run in the general. Like county commissioners and Republican party leadership. We have installed several members this way, as Ron Paulers have become almost the majority, but enough to win some elections.

Sorry I didn't realize that.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm just learning about this process myself but this looks pretty good coming from a tea party group looking to improve the RPOF.

http://thefloridaprecinctproject.wor...p-the-country/

EVERYONE:

We have a critical moment coming up for the local Liberty movement. Every 4 years, the local GOP Establishment holds Precinct Committeeman/woman elections. By becoming your Precinct Representative, you get a significant voice and a vote in official GOP business, including selecting Party Leadership. This is the best way to influence the Party towards the ways of Liberty.There are minimal requirements, and one date to meet…

1. You must be a Registered Republican for one year before June 4th, 2012.
    2. You must complete and notarize the registration form and bring it in to your Supervisor of Elections office the week of June 4th – June 8th. (Form DS-DE 24C – http://election.dos.state.fl.us/forms/pdf/dsde24c.pdf )

Becoming your Precinct Committee person makes you the official GOP Representative for your precinct. A Committee person is expected to assist those running for office. However, it is entirely your choice on how, when and whom to assist, and many just attend the monthly REC meetings and vote on official Party business.

For those wondering about the “elected” part, most precincts go unchallenged and you are automatically elected to a 4-year term without appearing on the ballot. If you do happen to be opposed, you get to vote for yourself in the August elections, and can canvass your precinct with fliers or simply tell your neighbors who to vote for. It’s a great resume bullet-point and an excellent networking opportunity.

With the minimal effort involved, and the great advantages provided, I expect to see all Liberty lovers running for precinct committee member. Let’s do it. For Liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Okaloosa View Post
    1. You must be a Registered Republican for one year before June 4th, 2012.
    2. You must complete and notarize the registration form and bring it in to your Supervisor of Elections office the week of June 4th – June 8th. (Form DS-DE 24C – http://election.dos.state.fl.us/forms/pdf/dsde24c.pdf )
    Ahh, this is what I was looking for.

Thank You.

anyone know how to do this in NJ? I'm looking for info now but so far I haven't found it...
    +
    'These things I command you, that you love one another.' - Jesus Christ

Quote Originally Posted by TER View Post
    anyone know how to do this in NJ? I'm looking for info now but so far I haven't found it...
    In New Jersey, the position is called Member of County Central Committee.

Here is the form to apply as a candidate:
    http://www.capemaycountygov.net/FCpdf/PetPriCoCom.pdf

Unfortunately, it is too late to file as a candidate. However, if there is a vacancy in your precinct after the primary election on June 5, you can try and get appointed by your County GOP. The only way this can happen is if you start attending your County GOP meetings and get to know the people who have the authority to appoint people to fill vacancies.