Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Virginia, Indiana(open), and North Carolina vote Tuesday May 8th

West Virginia, Indiana(open), and North Carolina vote Tuesday May 8th

Before the dust can even settle on the weekend conventions, we have some of our focus to shift to these three states. The same game plan is in place.

I have been doing some work in Indiana for the last week. I am far from an expert on what the main insiders are doing. However, I hope we can keep topics like this going, and show all of our support to these 3 contests.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep up the good work! +rep.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

Tuesday Pregame.

Indiana - Google Election Map
    OPEN Primary. 46 Delegates at stake. "Winner-take-all"

Taken from the green papers:
    Tuesday 8 May 2012: 27 of Indiana's 46 delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders in today's Indiana Presidential Primary.

27 district delegates are to be allocated to presidential contenders based on the primary results in each of the 9 congressional districts: each congressional district is assigned 3 National Convention delegates and the presidential contender receiving the greatest number of votes in that district will receive all 3 of that district's National Convention delegates. [Rule 9-29]

In addition, each county directly elects delegates to the State Convention. [Rule 9-3, IC 3-10-1-4]
    Tuesday 8 May 2012 PrimaryContest
    Pop
    Vote Del
    CD1 3
    CD2 3
    CD3 3
    CD4 3
    CD5 3
    CD6 3
    CD7 3
    CD8 3
    CD9 3
    Delegates 27

West Virginia
    - Google Election Map
    (Semi)Closed Primary. 31 Delegates at stake. Allocation per each Congressional District's election.

Taken from the green papers:
    Tuesday 8 May 2012: 28 of West Virginia's 31 delegates to the Republican National Convention are elected in the West Virginia Presidential Primary. Each delegate candidate is individually listed on the ballot along with their presidential preference. The candidates receiving the most votes in each contest is elected.

9 district delegates (3 delegates are elected in each of the state's 3 Congressional Districts).
    19 at-large delegates (10 at-large plus 9 bonus) are elected statewide.

In addition, 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the West Virginia's Republican Party, will attend the convention as unpledged delegates by virtue of their position.

North Carolina - Google Election Map
    (Semi)Closed Primary. 55 Delegates at stake. Proportional Allocation.

Taken from green papers:
    Tuesday 8 May 2012 (tentative): 52 of North Carolina's 55 delegates to the Republican National Convention are allocated to presidential contenders based on the results of the voting in today's North Carolina Primary.

The State Chairman shall allocate Delegate positions between the Candidates accurately reflecting the division of votes in the statewide primary. Each person nominated as a Delegate at either the District or State Convention must have publicly declared as a representative of a Candidate on the Presidential Preference Primary ballot prior to the election of Delegates to the National Convention. [North Carolina Republican Party Plan of Organization. ARTICLE VII. F.] [North Carolina General Statutes, specifically Section 163-213.8]
    The "Uncommitted" position, not being a candidate, might not receive any delegates.

The 3 party leaders, the National Committeeman, the National Committeewoman, and the chairman of the North Carolina's Republican Party, will attend the convention as unbound delegates by virtue of their position.

Checking-in from Vanderburgh County. Expect a good turnout for Ron Paul down here come Tuesday.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

North Carolina is more about preserving our successes at district. I think we have 6 declared Paul delegates that have won from the conventions in April. So Dr Paul needs 11.5% or better in the primary. Otherwise, one of our people will have to let an alternate step in on the presidential vote.

The interesting wrinkle will be how many voters insist on casting votes for Santorum and Gingrich anyway since they are still on the ballot.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 05-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    North Carolina is more about preserving our successes at district. I think we have 6 declared Paul delegates that have won from the conventions in April. So Dr Paul needs 11.5% or better in the primary. Otherwise, one of our people will have to let an alternate step in on the presidential vote.

The interesting wrinkle will be how many voters insist on casting votes for Santorum and Gingrich anyway since they are still on the ballot.
    Ah, so you have one of those primaries that I don't quite grasp. Well, I hope we do well! Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas View Post
    Ah, so you have one of those primaries that I don't quite grasp. Well, I hope we do well! Good luck.
    Don't feel bad, I live here and don't have a good grasp on how we do things. But I'll be volunteering and busting my ass at the polls Tuesday!

It looks like Monroe County in Indiana has got some interesting gerrymandering going on. If we get a big turn out from college kids, that could be a huge help.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    can you guys imagine the HUGE AMOUNT of momentum we would have right now if the fkn msm werent such scmbag fkn pieces of sht!!!!!!!!!!!!! we would have ALL of the MOMENTUM AT JUST THE PERFECT TIME! URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ILL NEVER WATCH MSM AGAIN EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our numbers will start to go up for two reasons. One, we are the only other in the race. Therefore we become the protest vote. When santorum dropped out his numbers went down everywhere but his home state; plus he had just dropped out so it was still sinking in. Now that they have both dropped out and with some distance, the number of votes they get will plummet. That means we go up because of the protest vote.

Second, since it seems that Romney has won for real with the drop out of everyone else, many many people will just stay home. Lower turnouts will raise our numbers and with the weekend successes our base will become more enthusiastic. I don't know that these two percentage increases will be enough to finally give use a win but if we could score a. Couple of second place finishes that are in the high thirties low fourties then we could gain even more protest vote because we will have the perception that we are big enough to snag a few wins. That might finally give use one.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

We have the ideal number of delegates in WV, this gives me hope.

From an analytical perspective, the results in West Virginia will be absolutely critical. If there is anyone in West Virginia, we NEED poll tapes. PM me if you don't know what that is or how to get them. (hint: you must be at the polling place or central counting office when counting begins) They are public records and you do have a right to them, but so far they have been difficult to obtain unless you are physically present during the count.

We need as much help as we can get in west virginia.
    Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

So out of these 3 Indiana anyone can vote no matter of party?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend1104 View Post
    Our numbers will start to go up for two reasons. One, we are the only other in the race. Therefore we become the protest vote. When santorum dropped out his numbers went down everywhere but his home state; plus he had just dropped out so it was still sinking in. Now that they have both dropped out and with some distance, the number of votes they get will plummet. That means we go up because of the protest vote.

Second, since it seems that Romney has won for real with the drop out of everyone else, many many people will just stay home. Lower turnouts will raise our numbers and with the weekend successes our base will become more enthusiastic. I don't know that these two percentage increases will be enough to finally give use a win but if we could score a. Couple of second place finishes that are in the high thirties low fourties then we could gain even more protest vote because we will have the perception that we are big enough to snag a few wins. That might finally give use one.
    problem is that people might still vote for gingrich or santorum ;<

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    Indiana is open to anyone registered to vote.
    North Carolina and West Virginia are open to registered Republicans and Unaffiliated voters.

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldean View Post
    That is how I understand it. I'm in IL, and we have an open primary as well. Just walk in, tell them which ballot(r, D, or I), you might have a choice between paper or electronic, and go vote. You need to ask for the Republican ballot.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can see West Virginia becoming another US Virgin Islands. Ron was the only candidate to put just the right number of delegates, both district (3 to be allocated in each district) and at-large (19 to be allocated), Romney put like twice as many delegate spots, Santorum didn't file any delegates in 2 districts. Don't be surprised if we do win the most delegates from West Virginia if Romney wins the vote.

Indiana and North Carolina are hard to predict. We should do OK in both (not sure about wins per se though). Let's see and hope!

Does Indiana have conventions for choosing its delegates?

Turnout shouldn't unusually low, I would think. These late states are accustomed to presidential campaigns winding down at this stage. People will be voting for local primaries.

these places are holding senate / congressional elections unlike the previous 5. so I think it will be greater. which is not to our favor unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by wetroof View Post
    these places are holding senate / congressional elections unlike the previous 5. so I think it will be greater. which is not to our favor unfortunately.
    So in Indiana should we not have a chance to win? If everyone is going to vote that day on other things too and no matter of party does that up our chances with the Democratic, and Independent vote?

The voters should be handed flyers and told at the polling station that their vote will not be counted if they vote for Santorum or Gingrich since they have dropped out and the only anti-Romney candidate remaining is Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdigger View Post
    The voters should be handed flyers and told at the polling station that their vote will not be counted if they vote for Santorum or Gingrich since they have dropped out and the only anti-Romney candidate remaining is Ron Paul.
    You're right!!

Yup. Somebody in WV, Indiana, and NC should get on this.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Greetings all,

I'm an At-Large delegate candidate in WV. We were discussing our race last night:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...sday-s-Battles

I wish I could make predictions, but I just can't....we have *perfect* strategy as far as delegate candidates for each position, but very few people (even a lot of Paul supporters) don't know that delegates are directly elected here this year. I made a site (http://wv4ronpaul.com) that explains our process and have been trying to spread it around as much as possible.

Thanks for the interest. Hopefully WV will step up!

Bill
    Montani Semper Liberi

We can't hand anything out at the polls...there's a 300ft limit, which here can put you "down the holler and around the bend".
    Montani Semper Liberi

Ready to go in WV. I've done all that I could. Remember to phone from home!

6 declared or are there some stealths hidden in there?

Quote Originally Posted by cstarace View Post
    Yup. Somebody in WV, Indiana, and NC should get on this.
    Don't worry, Imma be out there all day long!

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    Does Indiana have conventions for choosing its delegates?
    Delegates are on the ballot and get elected, in my county 12, then those go to the state convention.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast