Thread: WA: Become a PCO by 5/18 - Very Important!

WA: Become a PCO by 5/18 - Very Important!

Each County Republican Party is comprised of Precinct Committee Officers (PCOs). If enough of our supporters become PCOs within a county, we will be able to elect Chairman, Vice Chairman, etc. who support Ron Paul.

PCOs are also AUTOMATIC delegates to the legislative district/county conventions. This is very important and cannot be stressed enough.

To become a PCO, you need to file as a candidate by filling online or in person by May 18.

You can file online in 5 minutes through your County Elections Office's website here. Look for links to file as a candidate for Precinct Committee Officer.

IMPORTANT: Each precinct has ONE PCO. We only need ONE Ron Paul supporter in each precinct to file as a candidate.

After you file as a candidate, your name will be placed on the August 7 primary election. If you win the election, you will become a PCO for the next two years. Most people who file as candidates win because not many people file as candidates. Many precincts have NO ONE running.
    Last edited by tsai3904; 05-14-2012 at 10:42 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm on it.
    CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    I'm on it.
    Make sure you fill out the form using your NEW precinct. You may have to call your County Election's Office to find out what your new precinct number is.

Also, some counties only allow online filing (like Pierce County). Just to be safe, I would call your election's office and find out specific instructions for your county.

Remember Lori Sotelo, King County GOP Chairman?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-zOrBIXwBs

The only way to remove her from her position is to elect someone else as King County GOP Chairman. The only way to elect a new Chairman is to have our supporters file as candidates for PCOs. ONLY PCO's can vote for County GOP Chairmen.

Already done. Sarena is the leader of the 36th district and she actually wanted us to send our applications to her, and NOT the county offices. She said she would send them all in right before the dead-line. Not sure if that is important information for people here to know or not.

Edit: Wait, there was redistricting? I can't seem to find info on NEW precincts.

Edit 2: Found it. Doesn't apply to me. Mostly along Highway 99/Aurora.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 05-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.

bump
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    Already done. Sarena is the leader of the 36th district and she actually wanted us to send our applications to her, and NOT the county offices. She said she would send them all in right before the dead-line. Not sure if that is important information for people here to know or not.

Edit: Wait, there was redistricting? I can't seem to find info on NEW precincts.
    Thanks for the info. In other states, I have recommended to hand deliver the forms to one organizer so he can make sure everything gets delivered, but some people are worried that it will ring alarms and alert the establishment.

There was redistricting. I'm not sure how to find your new precincts so you should contact the organizer in your area for more info.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

King County freedom fighters - here it is

Update with link to file in King County:

Important Notice for PCOs and PCs: This is a PCO election year. Those of you who wish to be the PCO for the precinct in which you live must file a PCO Declaration of Candidacy.

King County Elections now has an online filing system for PCOs. I called the King County Elections office today and the elections official with whom I spoke, assured me the online filing would be very easy to use. You would fill the application out online and it will go directly to King County Elections.

When you complete your online filing, please let me know. Then you won’t receive any reminder notices from me as the week progresses! J

The online filing period begins Monday, May 14 at 9 a.m. and ends Friday, May 18 at 4 p.m. The system will not go live before 9 a.m. on Monday, so you cannot do this any sooner than next week.

The (better) web site to go to: http://info.kingcounty.gov/kcelectio...andidatefiling
    http://your.kingcounty.gov/elections

You can only file for the precinct in which you are registered to vote. There is no filing fee for PCOs. Only contested races will appear on the August ballot. For precincts where only one person files, that person will be the automatic winner and will not appear on the ballot.

The election results take effect on December 1st. So even though the election is in August, everyone maintains their current positions until December 1st.

In the 48th District, we expect several precincts to be contested. If you do not win your PCO election, please consider applying after the election to become a PC. We value the PCs in our district and accord them the same work load as the PCOs. J

Any questions or if you won’t have online access during the filing period, please let me know.

To repeat: When you complete your online filing, please let me know. Then you won’t receive any reminder notices from me as the week progresses! J

Thank you!

Cynthia Cole

48th District Vice Chair of Administration
    Last edited by surf; 05-14-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Online filing is the easiest and most accurate method but it only gives us one week (May 14-18) to get everyone filed.

If you want to file by mail, you can do it today BUT PLEASE make sure everything is 100% accurate by calling your County Elections Office to double check your NEW (after redistricting) precinct number.

a better link for King Co. it took me 5 minutes to complete: http://info.kingcounty.gov/kcelectio...andidatefiling

i'll update link in previous post

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    a better link for King Co. it took me 5 minutes to complete: http://info.kingcounty.gov/kcelectio...andidatefiling

i'll update link in previous post
    Thanks. This is the last week to file as a candidate and have your name placed on the August 7 primary ballot. It takes 5 minutes to complete the form online!

By the way, do you know if the campaign is making the supporters in Washington aware of this?

I've registered. Saw two other RP supporters registered for their precinct.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post
    Thanks. This is the last week to file as a candidate and have your name placed on the August 7 primary ballot. It takes 5 minutes to complete the form online!

By the way, do you know if the campaign is making the supporters in Washington aware of this?
    3rd congressional district is pretty active in it. Led by Katja Delavar.
    CPT Jack. R. T.

Quote Originally Posted by Icymudpuppy View Post
    3rd congressional district is pretty active in it. Led by Katja Delavar.
    Good to hear. This is the only way we'll take over the GOP. The delegate strategy is awesome but it lasts for this election only. We need people to become voting members of their County GOPs to continue the revolution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

i've received a couple emails on this, but not as many as i'd have liked.... i hope all of the freedom-loving RPers are on the distribution list. one gentleman is going to drop a bunch of hard copies to the election office.

I registered. I found out also that my PCO at my caucus was our county auditor :/

Hopefully he won't register and he was only there because no one else was on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoose View Post
    I registered. I found out also that my PCO at my caucus was our county auditor :/

Hopefully he won't register and he was only there because no one else was on the ballot.
    if we have competition, and it sounds like in my district they may try to out us, get ready to campaign. i've been the only person on the ballot for both elections since being appointed and my highest vote total was around 50, so it may not take too much effort to unseat this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    if we have competition, and it sounds like in my district they may try to out us, get ready to campaign. i've been the only person on the ballot for both elections since being appointed and my highest vote total was around 50, so it may not take too much effort to unseat this guy.
    I saw the previous election results and it was just him with 178 votes. I will try, but in small towns it's all about your name. Luckily my last name is somewhat known in this town.