Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to become a delegate in Florida

How to become a delegate in Florida

Go to this site: http://rpof.org/rnc.php

P.S. Have your voter card out, you'll need your voter registration number.
    Last edited by Uncle Seth; 11-15-2007 at 06:33 PM. Reason: To add additional information

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Done! Thanks !
    Freedom! Freedom! Sometimes, I feel, like a nationless child. Oh Freedom, Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Seth View Post
    Go to this site: http://rpof.org/rnc.php

P.S. Have your voter card out, you'll need your voter registration number.
    That form was to sign up for the convention in Minnesota. I'm still a little confused by all this. It says delegates will not be chosen until Feb. Do delegates have to travel out of state to nominate a candidate??

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
    That form was to sign up for the convention in Minnesota. I'm still a little confused by all this. It says delegates will not be chosen until Feb. Do delegates have to travel out of state to nominate a candidate??
    The ambiguous use of "delegate" causes confusion again. The process in Florida is to pick "state caucus delegates" who will then chose the "national nominating convention delegates." Does that help?
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

I get it, but just pointing out the distinction in names probably doesn't help the people who haven't been following this closely.

We could really use a post that we could reference for others, that explains the different types of delegates in plain english.
    Hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    The ambiguous use of "delegate" causes confusion again. The process in Florida is to pick "state caucus delegates" who will then chose the "national nominating convention delegates." Does that help?

So, we have to choose delegates that will in turn choose other delegates???

Quote Originally Posted by me3 View Post
    I get it, but just pointing out the distinction in names probably doesn't help the people who haven't been following this closely.

We could really use a post that we could reference for others, that explains the different types of delegates in plain english.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=1708
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaPirate View Post
    So, we have to choose delegates that will in turn choose other delegates???
    By jove, I think she's got it!

Actually, we need you to be a state convention delegate so OUR PEOPLE choose the right national convention delegates.
    digg.com/d315eji

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    I know you get it, and I get it, but that's still not simple and plain enough english to get people interested and up to speed to start looking up their own state info. In my experience, expecting people to make sense of that much process and political text in one go, without any background is rarely effective.

We need casual voters to get interested as well.

Too many projects on my plate, but I'll try to tackle this one next week unless someone else does.
    Hi!

We filled those out a few weeks ago. I guess it's normal not to get any response except a bunch of newsletters?

I'm still reaaaally confused by the process, but I'm doing my best.

Contact them and confirm they received your applications. Don't leave anything to chance in FLA.
    Hi!

Uhm, how impecible does your uh, history need to be to become a delegate?
    Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    McCain/Obama are two sides of the same coin, and it's a coin minted by the Federal Reserve that's going to lose what little value it has very soon.

Evan

If they'll take me they'll take anybody. And they DID choose me to go to P-IV. Competition's a little tougher for this one (225 seats instead of 2250), but the process looks to be the same:

1) Volunteer NOW @ http://rpof.org/rnc.php (You'll need your voter registration number)
    2) Get certified to the state Republican Executive Committee delegate list
    3) Primary occurs (January)
    4) Local Republican Executive Committees form delegate selection caucuses
    5) Caucuses use primary results as their guide for delegate selection
    6) Get selected by local caucus (Feb-April) or by state REC (Feb-May)
    7) Save up $2500 for travel expenses
    8) Go to the Minnesota convention in September & VOTE FOR RON PAUL

If you'd like to discuss it some more, join us at the Ron Paul Supporters of Indian River County Meetup on Sunday, December 2, at 7 p.m. Venue is New Century Buffet ($11 plus tax for dinner). http://ronpaul.meetup.com/688

Quote Originally Posted by ckhagen View Post
    We filled those out a few weeks ago. I guess it's normal not to get any response except a bunch of newsletters?

I'm still reaaaally confused by the process, but I'm doing my best.
    You need to call ur local GOP. Then attend their meetings. It's there that you get the information about becoming a delegate. I recommend joining the executive committee. In Miami we get delegate information in January. So I'll be sure to attend that meeting
    Restore The Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    You need to call ur local GOP. Then attend their meetings. It's there that you get the information about becoming a delegate. I recommend joining the executive committee. In Miami we get delegate information in January. So I'll be sure to attend that meeting
    We did call the local GOP (both counties here). They told us to just go register on the website, nothing else. Now we're hearing that you have to attend 3 meetings (they're held once a month) in order to be considered. Well, now there aren't 3 meetings left before the primaries, but no one can seem to tell us whether or not those meetings must be attended before the primaries, or if ones after will count. The meetings are a LONG drive for us and with two toddlers, there's no way we can attend, especially if they won't count or if there aren't enough to count before the primaries.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so how do I become a State Delegate ... and how do I become a National Convention delegate. I want to do as much as I can.

I think many more would step up if it wasn't so freaking confusing. My husband and I are talking about doing it now and........I'll let you know what I find out as I find it out.

I will say this. There are a lot of RP supporters in FL offering to cover the expense to the Convention for a RP delegate.

Don't let the cost stop you. If money is the only thing getting in a way, put it out there and you'll get hooked up with the right people who will help to get you there.

Looks like the place to start is finding out what you can from your local meetup groups, then next, start attenting your local REC meetings.

i just applied. lets hope it works out. its been something i've been meaning to do for a few weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    I think many more would step up if it wasn't so freaking confusing. My husband and I are talking about doing it now and........I'll let you know what I find out as I find it out.

I will say this. There are a lot of RP supporters in FL offering to cover the expense to the Convention for a RP delegate.

Don't let the cost stop you. If money is the only thing getting in a way, put it out there and you'll get hooked up with the right people who will help to get you there.

Looks like the place to start is finding out what you can from your local meetup groups, then next, start attenting your local REC meetings.
    thats basically how I feel. I want to be a delegate, but the cost is what will end up hurting me in the long run

Hey UFCGavin, fellow Wackbagger here! abudabit.

Quote Originally Posted by UCFGavin View Post
    thats basically how I feel. I want to be a delegate, but the cost is what will end up hurting me in the long run
    No kidding. We were figuring that worst case scenario we drive up there and sleep in the car, lol.

I just applied to become a delegate as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria View Post
    The meeting is January 10th. Which is kind of disappointing for me since I'll be out of country.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fortilite View Post
    Hey UFCGavin, fellow Wackbagger here! abudabit.
    haha what up! you gonna become a delegate as well?

Yeah, but in Texas. We're gonna kick some a$$, we're number #1 in delegate candidates in states which allow early registration.

In Broward, they cancelled the January executive committee meeting (how convenient).

I went to the November meeting and got the info on being a Precinct Committeeman. Pretty simple. From what I understand, I'll need to attend 3 committee meetings to be considered on the caucus delegation nomination list.

The nominations are "supposed" to start here in February and selection to conclude in April. However, I will not have been able to attend 3 meetings in time to get nominated.

Some questions left unanswered:

1) Without 3 meetings, can I still be nominated as a delegate from our county?

2) Do the primary result delegates go based on the county's vote or the entire state (eg. if Ron Paul wins Broward, do the Ron Paul delegates go for Broward, or the overall winner of Florida)?

3) Also, there are delegates based on the primary results and At-Large delegates. How are the At-Large candidates chosen? Are those chosen at the county level as well??

Anyone know how this works???

Quote Originally Posted by CJLauderdale4 View Post
    In Broward, they cancelled the January executive committee meeting (how convenient).

I went to the November meeting and got the info on being a Precinct Committeeman. Pretty simple. From what I understand, I'll need to attend 3 committee meetings to be considered on the caucus delegation nomination list.

The nominations are "supposed" to start here in February and selection to conclude in April. However, I will not have been able to attend 3 meetings in time to get nominated.

Some questions left unanswered:

1) Without 3 meetings, can I still be nominated as a delegate from our county?

2) Do the primary result delegates go based on the county's vote or the entire state (eg. if Ron Paul wins Broward, do the Ron Paul delegates go for Broward, or the overall winner of Florida)?

3) Also, there are delegates based on the primary results and At-Large delegates. How are the At-Large candidates chosen? Are those chosen at the county level as well??

Anyone know how this works???
    When you find answers to this let me know. I'm in Broward as well but got on this delegate idea a little late, so I haven't attended the 3 meetings.

Hm, well... I'm going to our December meeting as far as I can tell. Actually, I've been invited to come and represent Dr. Paul and give a... speech? Something of that sort. God help me...

Delate Process

Hi, I'm a committee woman for my precinct in Pinellas County (St. Petersburg). I will have attended my THIRD meeting on Jan 6th and I have registered on the Convention website... what do I do now? Sorry if my question has been answered but I've been so confused with all the different information I've been hearing.

Also: Maria.. are you Maria from RPR's chat? If so, Hi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast