Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encircling Iran: US claims would win in 3 weeks

Encircling Iran: US claims would win in 3 weeks

Encircling Iran: US claims would win in 3 weeks

RT
    May 5, 2012

The war rhetoric from Washington towards Iran is again being ramped up – just ahead of the second round of high-level international talks on the country’s nuclear program. US military top brass claim they would need just three weeks to defeat Iran’s armed forces. RT’s Gayane Chichakyan looks at whether it’s just more tough talk – or preparation for real action.

article here:
    http://www.infowars.com/encircling-i...in-in-3-weeks/
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, just like they claimed we would "win" in Iraq in 3 weeks.

10 years later...
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Is this still going on? I thought the Iran thing kinda faded into the background. I didn't know they were still talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

10 years later...
    Mission Accomplished.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.
    I am the spoon.

I have trouble believing they could ever say such stupid things.

3 weeks to beat their armed forces but 10 years+ to beat the 'insurgency'

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

10 years later...
    Depends what you define as winning. We defeated their military quickly and with few losses. It's "nation building" that was so messy.

Same would be true here.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Iran's revolutionary guard have around 120,000-125,000 people. How are they going to kill that many people in 3 weeks?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    Iran's revolutionary guard have around 120,000-125,000 people. How are they going to kill that many people in 3 weeks?
    how many drones does the O man have?

Wouldn't Russia and China get involved if it came down to it? Afghanistan and Pakistan said they definitely would if the US attacked Iran.

For 700 Billion+ a year on defense, we better be able to beat a force in 3 weeks. I think Iran has a decent Air defense and long range missiles which would cause the most problems in an invasion. But honestly the way Iraq was handled, it was insane how fast we pushed to Baghdad. The problem is we will of course be there forever and there is no reason to even think of striking Iran in the first place, but don't tell that to any neocon.

The only countries left in 2011 without a Central Bank owned by the Rothschild Family are:

Cuba
    North Korea
    Iran

Problem......
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 05-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

You don't have to kill the entire army to defeat it. Take out leadership, logistical capability, and defensive positions, and throw in a bit of propaganda and the bulk of the fighting troops will surrender within a week or two.

This would be so stupid it's not likely to happen.

Iraq was more-or-less an aggressive rouge State that actually did attack it's neighbors (I know what you are going to say but that's not the point of this post) so Russia and China were probably willing to let us waste our blood and treasure on them 'cause Saddam wasn't really their ally anyway.

But my extremely limited knowledge of Middle Eastern politics tells me Iran, which despite it's evil reputation in the USA, and which hasn't actually started a war in a long long time, are more friendly with Russia and China, so they will not want the USA to overthrow their government and would possibly come to their defense.

But who knows what crazy evil things the psychopaths trying to retain power will resort to when they see it slipping from their grasp?

War is always an easy way to rally a Country, and having a big ole war break out would at least take any news away from anything political for the average American TV viewer. Maybe the big money behind Obummer thinks that's enough to keep him Office in another 4 years, I dunno.

But I have no doubt there are factions of our that are doing everything that they can to make this happen.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Remember when they said Libya would be a single weekend at maximum?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    Is this still going on? I thought the Iran thing kinda faded into the background. I didn't know they were still talking about it.
    Nope.
    Has been planned for years, keeps running into snags/setbacks.
    But they will do it eventually. Stupidity is persistent.

Last edited by pcosmar; 05-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Mission Accomplished.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.
    Ignorance Is Strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

A couple nukes?

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    A couple nukes?
    Good Idea.
    Make all of the oil in the Middle East usable..(radioactive)

That'll help.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

honestly tho, military i think even less then 3 weeks. 3days - 1 week of bombing bridges, power lines, water lines, roads, tanks, government buildings, command and control.
    week 2, military tanks will be rolling in the streets of Tehran.

of course there would have to be months of troops build up in the area and planning and the most painful part of fighting a war, is logistics.

as for the "insurgency" i think that would be a long/nightmare of a problem.
    Last edited by psi2941; 05-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

They haven't figured out how to stop every last shell from hitting Saudi Arabia yet...

If Iran knew anything they wouldn't even begin to fight back until 6 months after the invasion.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Russia and China will use their nuke option to stop an attack on Iran. They will not let another oil nation fall into the hands of the USA. WW3 is the only outcome of attacking Iran and there will be no winners except the elite who planned the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Depends what you define as winning. We defeated their military quickly and with few losses. It's "nation building" that was so messy.

Same would be true here.
    Iran is not Iraq. I also seem to recall that China and Russia weren't too happy with us threatening Iran.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    3 weeks to beat their armed forces but 10 years+ to beat the 'insurgency'
    This. It would be a disaster and quite possibly ruin the dollar.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Quote Originally Posted by psi2941 View Post
    honestly tho, military i think even less then 3 weeks. 3days - 1 week of bombing bridges, power lines, water lines, roads, tanks, government buildings, command and control.
    week 2, military tanks will be rolling in the streets of Tehran.

of course there would have to be months of troops build up in the area and planning and the most painful part of fighting a war, is logistics.

as for the "insurgency" i think that would be a long/nightmare of a problem.
    I think you're underestimating the strength of Iran's military forces.

3 weeks would turn into endless war because we know what happened when Bush said it would be quick in and out of Iraq.

This is one of the most irresponsible an insane things I can imagine ....

The thing that gets me most, is the American news media tries to make out that Iran is the aggressor in this situation. And people fall in line like good sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Shorland View Post
    China might dump their dollars.
    Might be part of the plan. WWI brought us the FRN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast