Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encircling Iran: US claims would win in 3 weeks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Encircling Iran: US claims would win in 3 weeks

Encircling Iran: US claims would win in 3 weeks

RT
    May 5, 2012

The war rhetoric from Washington towards Iran is again being ramped up – just ahead of the second round of high-level international talks on the country’s nuclear program. US military top brass claim they would need just three weeks to defeat Iran’s armed forces. RT’s Gayane Chichakyan looks at whether it’s just more tough talk – or preparation for real action.

article here:
    http://www.infowars.com/encircling-i...in-in-3-weeks/
    I am the spoon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, just like they claimed we would "win" in Iraq in 3 weeks.

10 years later...
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

10 years later...
    Mission Accomplished.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Mission Accomplished.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.
    Ignorance Is Strength.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10 years later...
    Depends what you define as winning. We defeated their military quickly and with few losses. It's "nation building" that was so messy.

Same would be true here.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Depends what you define as winning. We defeated their military quickly and with few losses. It's "nation building" that was so messy.

Same would be true here.
    Iran is not Iraq. I also seem to recall that China and Russia weren't too happy with us threatening Iran.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

10 years later...
    Well, we stormed through Iraq and defeated their military in a matter of days. There's no reason to think that Iran would be any different. At the same time, there's no reason to believe that the insurgents in Iran would be even more difficult to deal with than those in Iraq.

The US military is ridiculously, absurdly, powerful. Like Michael Scheuer always says -- "if the world thinks it has seen one-tenth of American military strength, the world is sadly mistaken." A short, punitive strike lasting weeks not years would be devastating to Iran. A long term occupation of Iran would, however, be an abject failure.
    Last edited by KingNothing; 08-08-2012 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Well, we stormed through Iraq and defeated their military in a matter of days. There's no reason to think that Iran would be any different.
    Actually, yes. there are several reasons to believe that it would be quite different.
    I can give several reasons and tactical differences..

And you are neglecting the fact that Irag was attacked twice.
    Prior to the first gulf war,, Saddam had the worlds 6th largest army.
    He was the major power in the area,,supplied by both Russia and the US, however most of that was concentrated in Armor. He was a follower of Rommel. Which was fine for his country and terrain. He has some basic air power and limited Anti-Aircraft.. Mostly Tanks and Artillery. Gulf War 1,, we did massive bombing, Destroying his Anti-air and Air-force, much of the countries infrastructure and decimating his armor.
    His troops were for the most part conscripted,,(not the most dedicated fighters).
    The second war,,we targeted Command and control,, cut communications with the very limited resources he had.
    Without command,,the conscripts had neither direction nor inclination to put up much fight.

Irag is quite different on several levels. Terrain being only one. They have a more diversified defense. They have been attacked several times and have concentrated on Defense rather than Offensive weapons. They have multi-layered Anti-Aircraft defense,, not relying on any ONE technology,, so that if one aspect is targeted,, they still have others.
    They have a Robust Coastal Defense,, and a Homegrown Defense Industry..
    And they are not conscripted,, they will be fighting for survival.

There is really NO comparison.
    three weeks?? In three weeks,,The US will not even be a player, and the whole of the Middle east will be a massive war zone.

What an incredibly stupid thing to do.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is this still going on? I thought the Iran thing kinda faded into the background. I didn't know they were still talking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    Is this still going on? I thought the Iran thing kinda faded into the background. I didn't know they were still talking about it.
    Nope.
    Has been planned for years, keeps running into snags/setbacks.
    But they will do it eventually. Stupidity is persistent.

Last edited by pcosmar; 05-06-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    Israel usually gets what Israel wants. They will do whatever is required to get their way and most US politcians will do whatever is required to accomodate them.

I have trouble believing they could ever say such stupid things.

3 weeks to beat their armed forces but 10 years+ to beat the 'insurgency'

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    3 weeks to beat their armed forces but 10 years+ to beat the 'insurgency'
    This. It would be a disaster and quite possibly ruin the dollar.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Iran's revolutionary guard have around 120,000-125,000 people. How are they going to kill that many people in 3 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy911 View Post
    Iran's revolutionary guard have around 120,000-125,000 people. How are they going to kill that many people in 3 weeks?
    how many drones does the O man have?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voluntary Man View Post
    how many drones does the O man have?
    They already have hacked them and can wrest control of them.

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

You don't have to kill the entire army to defeat it. Take out leadership, logistical capability, and defensive positions, and throw in a bit of propaganda and the bulk of the fighting troops will surrender within a week or two.

A couple nukes?

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    A couple nukes?
    Good Idea.
    Make all of the oil in the Middle East usable..(radioactive)

That'll help.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

honestly tho, military i think even less then 3 weeks. 3days - 1 week of bombing bridges, power lines, water lines, roads, tanks, government buildings, command and control.
    week 2, military tanks will be rolling in the streets of Tehran.

of course there would have to be months of troops build up in the area and planning and the most painful part of fighting a war, is logistics.

as for the "insurgency" i think that would be a long/nightmare of a problem.
    Last edited by psi2941; 05-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.
    Rand Benedict Paul.
    Not only did he sell us out, this douche bag did it to his own father! I'm more upset him selling his father out. I don't care who i think is going to win i would never sell my father out. If his willing to sell his father out what else is for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by psi2941 View Post
    honestly tho, military i think even less then 3 weeks. 3days - 1 week of bombing bridges, power lines, water lines, roads, tanks, government buildings, command and control.
    week 2, military tanks will be rolling in the streets of Tehran.

of course there would have to be months of troops build up in the area and planning and the most painful part of fighting a war, is logistics.

as for the "insurgency" i think that would be a long/nightmare of a problem.
    I think you're underestimating the strength of Iran's military forces.

It's funny how this has kinda faded into the background lately. I wonder what the reason for that is.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wouldn't Russia and China get involved if it came down to it? Afghanistan and Pakistan said they definitely would if the US attacked Iran.

For 700 Billion+ a year on defense, we better be able to beat a force in 3 weeks. I think Iran has a decent Air defense and long range missiles which would cause the most problems in an invasion. But honestly the way Iraq was handled, it was insane how fast we pushed to Baghdad. The problem is we will of course be there forever and there is no reason to even think of striking Iran in the first place, but don't tell that to any neocon.

The only countries left in 2011 without a Central Bank owned by the Rothschild Family are:

Cuba
    North Korea
    Iran

Problem......
    Last edited by QuickZ06; 05-06-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by QuickZ06 View Post
    For 700 Billion+ a year on defense, we better be able to beat a force in 3 weeks. I think Iran has a decent Air defense and long range missiles which would cause the most problems in an invasion. But honestly the way Iraq was handled, it was insane how fast we pushed to Baghdad. The problem is we will of course be there forever and there is no reason to even think of striking Iran in the first place, but don't tell that to any neocon.

The only countries left in 2011 without a Central Bank owned by the Rothschild Family are:

Cuba
    North Korea
    Iran

Problem......
    New Zealands Reserve Bank is wholly owned by the Government. It is possible I guess that all the New Zealand Government itself is owned by the Rothschilds...

That is the first country I checked on...
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    New Zealands Reserve Bank is wholly owned by the Government. It is possible I guess that all the New Zealand Government itself is owned by the Rothschilds...
    Bet on that.
    The Bank of England Is a Rothschild holding.. Is NZ still connected to the British (Rothschild owned) Empire?
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Bet on that.
    The Bank of England Is a Rothschild holding.. Is NZ still connected to the British (Rothschild owned) Empire?
    One of those moments on this forum that happen very often when I can no longer tell who is trolling whom.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    One of those moments on this forum that happen very often when I can no longer tell who is trolling whom.
    trolling?
    Not me. (not intentionally) Were you?

Despite the perhaps questionable origins,, this is something I find interesting. Especially since these players seem to be headed for exactly this,
    "The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustionWe shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."
    Discount and ignore it if you wish,, or do like me, and watch.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 08-07-2012 at 06:20 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast