Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 20/28 Nevada Delegates Bound to Romney, but can vote freely on bylaws

So what are the states that we for sure already have?

I've heard that we won in MN (confirmed by wiki), IA, WA, LA and ME. Did I miss anything? It looks like we have the 5 state minimum, hopefully now the GOP establishment will refrain from pulling any shenanigans.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    So what are the states that we for sure already have?

I've heard that we won in MN (confirmed by wiki), IA, WA, LA and ME. Did I miss anything? It looks like we have the 5 state minimum, hopefully now the GOP establishment will refrain from pulling any shenanigans.
    Only MN is official right now. ME will be official later today I believe. I know LA is going to happen, but it's not official yet. Not sure about IA and WA.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    That's why Texas and California are so important.
    Yea, well, unfortunately, Cali is WTA by CD. WTA is terrible for Ron, because Romney always wins the straw poll vote. Same with my state (NJ) which is even worse and is WTA state wide. Romney will win NJ hands down, no doubt about that, so thats 50 d's for him right there. Ron will obviously win some CDs in Cali, but i cant see him winning more than a 1/3 of them, if even 1/4. There are like only 7 repubs in the whole state of Cali anyway, its virtually liberal HQ out there. Then again, that could be a good thing, but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Only MN is official right now. ME will be official later today I believe. I know LA is going to happen, but it's not official yet. Not sure about IA and WA.
    Well what about MA? Didnt Romney get owned in his own state? He is already contesting that too though, along with ME. Its gonna be forever until all of those states are finalized with them endlessly contesting the $#@!, for obvious reasons
    Last edited by Student Of Paulism; 05-06-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Student Of Paulism View Post
    Well what about MA? Didnt Romney get owned in his own state? He is already contesting that too though, along with ME. Its gonna be forever until all of those states are finalized with them endlessly contesting the $#@!, for obvious reasons
    No, even if the MA dels weren't bound to Romney, Romney would still have the majority.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4403304

Quote Originally Posted by Student Of Paulism View Post
    Yea, well, unfortunately, Cali is WTA by CD. WTA is terrible for Ron, because Romney always wins the straw poll vote. Same with my state (NJ) which is even worse and is WTA state wide. Romney will win NJ hands down, no doubt about that, so thats 50 d's for him right there. Ron will obviously win some CDs in Cali, but i cant see him winning more than a 1/3 of them, if even 1/4. There are like only 7 repubs in the whole state of Cali anyway, its virtually liberal HQ out there. Then again, that could be a good thing, but maybe not.

I'm not sure Romney will win the straw vote in all cds IF Ron gets some media on delegates.

Someone is posting under another thread that under RNC rule 40, the delegates are only bound for the vote not other business so should count towards Ron's plurality number.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-06-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

20 out of 28 is more than two-thirds. Shouldn't this have been enough to unbind Nevada delegates?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    20 out of 28 is more than two-thirds. Shouldn't this have been enough to unbind Nevada delegates?
    It doesn't work that way. Those are the delegates to RNC. The delegates to NV STATE voted on this.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

After looking at our own delegate count here.
    Nevada

Number of Delegates: 28 total
    Delegate Allocation: All 28 awarded proportionally

Results:

Romney: 14
    Gingrich: 6
    Paul: 5
    Santorum: 3

It appears that once santo and grich officially end their campaigns or if their delegates are already free, then we get half.

Is this right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_in_PA View Post
    After looking at our own delegate count here.
    Nevada

Number of Delegates: 28 total
    Delegate Allocation: All 28 awarded proportionally

Results:

Romney: 14
    Gingrich: 6
    Paul: 5
    Santorum: 3

It appears that once santo and grich officially end their campaigns or if their delegates are already free, then we get half.

Is this right ?

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by carterm View Post
    the simple gameplan: get over 50% of delegates to be ron paul supporters; change bylaws at RNC; unbind them; win.
    Bingo. Get your people to the RNC bound or unbound and try to change the rules BEFORE the 1st round even takes place.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Is this right ?
    That would actually be a bad outcome whether or not it helps in Nevada.

If it was 1v1 vs. Romney alone then we would need 50.1% of the delegates.

Any chance of defeating him requires the other candidate not dropping out.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Please correct me if I am wrong...

There were 25 delegates up for grabs, another 3 are automatic delegates and I don't know who they are pledge for. So 22 of the 25 Nevada delegates, that were up for grabs, were won by Paul supporters. Now 20 of the 28 delegates are bound to Romney in the first ballot at the convention. Meanwhile those Paul delegates are free to vote as they wish on rules, bylaws, platform issues, etc. Each state is different so this just applies to Nevada.

I think we could make it simple like this:
    20 are pledged to Romney in the first ballot (no less than 14 are Paul supporters)
    8 are pledge to Paul in the first ballot
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12