Thread: Garlic Ingredient 100 Times More Powerful than Antibiotics at Fighting Food Poisoning

Garlic Ingredient 100 Times More Powerful than Antibiotics at Fighting Food Poisoning

Garlic Ingredient 100 Times More Powerful than Antibiotics at Fighting Food Poisoning

The Daily Mail
    Tue, 01 May 2012 16:19 CDT

A key ingredient in garlic is 100 times more powerful than two popular antibiotics at fighting a leading cause of food poisoning, scientists have found.

Tests discovered that the compound, diallyl sulphide, can easily breach a slimy protective biofilm employed by the bug to make it harder to destroy.

Not only is it a lot more powerful than antibiotics erythromycin and ciprofloxacin, it also takes a fraction of the time to work.

The discovery, published in the Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy, could open the door to new treatments for raw and processed meats, and food preparation surfaces, that would reduce the toll of Campylobacter food poisoning.

Dr Michael Konkel, from Washington State University, said: 'This work is very exciting because it shows this compound has the potential to reduce disease- causing bacteria in the environment and in our food supply.

'Campylobacter is the most common bacterial cause of food-borne illness in the United States and probably the world.'

Symptoms of the infection include diarrhoea, cramping, abdominal pain and fever.

The bacteria also triggers nearly a third of cases of a rare paralysing disorder called Guillain-Barre syndrome.

Most Campylobacter infections stem from eating raw or undercooked poultry or foods that have been cross-contaminated via dirty surfaces and utensils.

It is the most common cause of food poisoning in the UK, according to the Food Standards Agency, and was responsible for 88 deaths in England and Wales in 2009.

More good info on Garlic:

Discover the Powerful Benefits of Garlic

Chemist Sheds Light on Health Benefits of Garlic

Treat Candida with Garlic Supplements

Garlic 'Remedy for Hypertension'

Garlic Boosts Hydrogen Sulfide To Relax Arteries
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    garlic ...grapefruit seed extract...oil of oregano....echanacia...and many other natural antmicobrial herbs and plants fight infections far better than antibiotics.antibiotics are very bad for you.lemon juice has a ph balance that kills fungus

I love Garlic even more now~

Cue the FDA ban and the SWAT raids on garlic farms in 3..... 2..... 1.....
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Yes the vampires will be out in full force to make sure garlic is banned!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Cue the FDA ban and the SWAT raids on garlic farms in 3..... 2..... 1.....
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yes the vampires will be out in full force to make sure garlic is banned!
    LMAO
    Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it ~Thomas Paine

Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security ~Norman Vincent Peale

I eat at least one clove of garlic daily.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

I can say from personal experience there may be something to this. In 2009 I came down with the flu, followed by a lung infection, worst two weeks of my life! Anyways was sitting at a friend's house drinking some beer, told him about my problems and he went into his cupboard and came back with some "garlic pills." I don't remember exactly what they were, may have been some compound concentrates or whole dried and crushed powder. Either way he gave me two tabs and after a couple days I was literally 100%. Now I can't for say sure if it was the pills or if the infection had finally run its course. I have read since then that garlic can help with infections, so I'm leaning towards the pills.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandrsn21 View Post
    I can say from personal experience there may be something to this. In 2009 I came down with the flu, followed by a lung infection, worst two weeks of my life! Anyways was sitting at a friend's house drinking some beer, told him about my problems and he went into his cupboard and came back with some "garlic pills." I don't remember exactly what they were, may have been some compound concentrates or whole dried and crushed powder. Either way he gave me two tabs and after a couple days I was literally 100%. Now I can't for say sure if it was the pills or if the infection had finally run its course. I have read since then that garlic can help with infections, so I'm leaning towards the pills.
    +rep for using a natural cure
    Those who expect to reap the blessings of liberty must undergo the fatigues of supporting it ~Thomas Paine

Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security ~Norman Vincent Peale

i guarantee you if a vampire bites me they will be sorry
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions