Thread: Twins allegedly arrested for recording police shooting

Twins allegedly arrested for recording police shooting

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18074344/t...olice-shooting

The Colony Park Apartment resident said she and her twin brother Terrell were
    on their apartment balcony

when Tuesday's tragic police shooting unfolded. But she said minutes later they were being manhandled by officers after they saw her brother recording the scene with his cell phone. "The police came up here after they took his phone. They slammed him down and arrested him, and I'm like 'Why are y'all arresting him', and then they grabbed me and slammed me also and arrested me," said Shanell Madison. She said they didn't know why they were targeted
    in their own home.

[]
    they were charged with disorderly conduct.
    News Video:
    http://www.wlbt.com/story/18074344/t...clipId=7138918

presence
    Last edited by presence; 05-05-2012 at 04:20 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One thing that cops really hate is being recorded by civilians. You know, if they screwed up (by no means do I imply that they ever have), that might actually make it harder for them to get away with it.

Panem et Circenses... you're pretty new to the board at 15 posts: Welcome to Ron Paul Forums!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

At least there's some good news associated with this story: one of the pigs from that same department had just been shot and killed. That's what was being investigated when the dead pig's buddies trampled on the rights of these innocent people:

http://www.wlbt.com/story/18149910/t...s-final-patrol

Good riddance, you anti-freedom $#@!bag.

Too bad so many citizens are still deluded into thinking the police are the "good guys." The very same pigs whose boots they lick would not hesitate to treat any citizen exactly as those twins were treated (if not worse) if given the proper pretext.
    Last edited by GuerrillaXXI; 05-05-2012 at 07:02 PM.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

The twins' mother believes they were arrested because she moved her truck after she saw Pearl Police using it as a shield during the shooting.

This cracked me up. Imagining the cops, hiding behind a pick up while trading bullets....and the owner waddles out and moves it out of harms way.

"The twins' mother believes they were arrested because she moved her truck after she saw Pearl Police using it as a shield during the shooting."

It really is the little things that make it all worth while.

Why the HECK can't we record cops? They're SUPPOSED to follow the rules!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is it just me or cops really don't like black folks? It seems to me they go after Black people more. Are there any stats that compare arrests based on ethnicity?

Fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Why the HECK can't we record cops? They're SUPPOSED to follow the rules!

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Panem et Circenses... you're pretty new to the board at 15 posts: Welcome to Ron Paul Forums!
    Thanks... I would have replied sooner, but I tend to only check in at long-ish intervals.

+1 for knowing the original of my username.