Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunny Freedom needs your HELP!

Gunny Freedom needs your HELP!

Hello Paulers,

As you know by now, the Bradley campaign is being outspent 6 to 1 by both of our opponents, and the one with the establishment support is pretending to be me, because he has learned that OUR platform is the one that wins.

The most important part of that is that our platform is the one that wins.

We can overcome the spending deficit with manpower. The problem is that fewer than 5% of the people who said they wanted to help ever actually materialize.

I have said everywhere I could possibly say it that if we have 50 people tomorrow we win. If we have fewer than 20 people we do not.

So far we have had 8 people agree to show up. Nearly all of them are new Paulers from 2012. Eight people.

Eight people are not going to overcome a 6 to 1 spending deficit. Fifty people will. How bad do we really want a Constitutionalist voice in the NCGA? How bad do we really want to teach Stam and Co a lesson that they should think twice before shutting us down and shoving us out?

Do we want it 8 people bad? or do we want it 50 people bad?

It's in your hands now.

For Liberty!

Glen Bradley

contact Freedom Mom at electbradley.com or 919-272-7168

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We are still somehow getting hard-core Ron Paul supporters even just today saying they have never heard of me, that they were going to vote Chad Barefoot because he was the only one they have heard who sounds anything like a Ron Pauler.

We never got the budget to compete with triple saturation direct mail. We never got the budget to run radio ads. The only advantage we had over the opposition was our volunteers. Right now both Michael Schriver and Chad Barefoot are even beating us at bringing their volunteers out. Were we wrong to count on our volunteers to make up the difference? That answer is up to you.

Glen

We will be meeting at this location between 10:30 and 11:00

KNIGHTDALE UNITED METHODIST CHURCH split precinct
    Precinct: 17-04
    7071 FORESTVILLE RD
    KNIGHTDALE, NC 27545

Glen would like to reach 5000 voters by the end of today's canvassing. We can not reach this goal without your help. This is where the rubber meets the road folks. We can talk about the Constitution, Liberty and Freedom all day but are we all willing to put in 6 to 8 hours to fight for it.

This race will come down to the last day of canvassing. The true is, when people hear about Glen, they vote for him. Out of 90,000 potential voters, we only reach 2% on social media outlets. Glen's opponents have money. They have sent mailers and are now engaged in radio ads.

We will loose our voice in Raleigh without your help. Please join me, Mom, and save the Constitution, Liberty and Freedom .

Jacque Esslinger
    919-272-7168

Glen wants to complete the canvassing of a very densely populated area.

We will meet at 2PM, tomorrow, Sunday, complete this area and then do lit drop for the balance of the time.

Thanks and hope to see you all there.

Jacque
    919-272-7168
    >
    > Crystal's Coffee & Tobacco Shop‎
    > 2930 Forestville Road
    > Raleigh, NC 27616
    > (919) 266-4300
    > crystalscoffeeandtobacco.com‎

I hope you are also asking on Daily Paul. We do not have the activists here like we did in the last election.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    I hope you are also asking on Daily Paul. We do not have the activists here like we did in the last election.
    Good idea. I would post it there if I weren't banned.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    Good idea. I would post it there if I weren't banned.
    Thanks for the reminder. Just posted.

We do not have the activists here like we did in the last election.

That is so, so true.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We do not have the activists here like we did in the last election.
    Where did they go? NC is doing better then in 2008. Getting more organized for Ron Paul but so few come out to help Liberty candidates. We have the NC Ron Paul coordinator right here in Raleigh and Glen can't get volunteers. Except LibertyEagle, he has been there supporting Gunny all along.
    We have folks coming from Alamance County today. We are canvassing in Wake County. I just don't understand.

Based on what I have seen, it's two things.

1.) The '07/'08 supporters are thinning out. Some are still around, but a lot have simply moved into different phases of their lives and will no longer makes politics the #1 thing on their priority list. The reasons for this are various and sundry, but I think it boils down to it being against human nature to maintain the level of intensity required for an extended period of time, and having new and competing priorities. Speaking only for myself, I've stayed as involved as I can, but my wife and I have had a child since 2010. I've forwarded emails, donated to liberty candidates, and used my contact lists to try to recruit people to replace me, but I simply cannot justify leaving my wife at home to care for an infant by herself on the weekends when she already does that all day during the week. As a consequence, I haven't knocked on a single door or made single phone call for a candidate during this election cycle.

2.) There are a lot of new activists who've become activated during this election cycle, but most will be focused on Ron Paul and Ron Paul only until the election is over. They're green and don't understand how much more effect they can have for state and local Liberty candidates than the Presidential election, and they're focusing on Ron Paul because that's the only reason they now care about politics at all. Many will develop greater awareness and go local after November, just as the '07/'08 Paulers did, but it takes time to learn the ropes, and they must be given that time. I realize that what volunteers Gunny has gotten this time around have been mainly these new people, but the number of new people who "get hip" to the importance of local politics right away is vanishingly small.

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Based on what I have seen, it's two things.

1.) The '07/'08 supporters are thinning out. Some are still around, but a lot have simply moved into different phases of their lives and will no longer makes politics the #1 thing on their priority list. The reasons for this are various and sundry, but I think it boils down to it being against human nature to maintain the level of intensity required for an extended period of time, and having new and competing priorities. Speaking only for myself, I've stayed as involved as I can, but my wife and I have had a child since 2010. I've forwarded emails, donated to liberty candidates, and used my contact lists to try to recruit people to replace me, but I simply cannot justify leaving my wife at home to care for an infant by herself on the weekends when she already does that all day during the week. As a consequence, I haven't knocked on a single door or made single phone call for a candidate during this election cycle.

2.) There are a lot of new activists who've become activated during this election cycle, but most will be focused on Ron Paul and Ron Paul only until the election is over. They're green and don't understand how much more effect they can have for state and local Liberty candidates than the Presidential election, and they're focusing on Ron Paul because that's the only reason they now care about politics at all. Many will develop greater awareness and go local after November, just as the '07/'08 Paulers did, but it takes time to learn the ropes, and they must be given that time. I realize that what volunteers Gunny has gotten this time around have been mainly these new people, but the number of new people who "get hip" to the importance of local politics right away is vanishingly small.
    Well put. I am an activist who came on board this cycle, and I was only focused on Paul initially. But luckily, thanks to this forum too, I learned the importance of local politics too pretty quickly. So although my issue started off as #2, it is now #1 (the same as yours - wife and a baby + work). If this was a few years ago, I was a single guy then, and I would have been knocking on doors every single day as I had nothing better/important to do back then. It's a deadly situation if you have issue #1 and #2 combined.

I don't know if jacque/Glen ever tried this approach, but was there ever an attempt to get hold of the vaunted Paul supporter NC list from Sharon, the Paul campaign state coordinator? Every one on that list should be made aware that Bradley is NC's Ron Paul and all Paul supporters should be supporting him too. I bet there are many Paul supporters in the Triangle area who have no idea who Glen is.

Positive vibes going out to Glen today!

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Positive vibes going out to Glen today!
    Absolutely. Anyone know when we get an update on the results?

Absolutely. Anyone know when we get an update on the results?
    Polls close at 7:30 PM ET.

Results will be posted here:
    http://results.enr.clarityelections....?cid=203000180

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

I'm not even surprised that you knew that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tsai3904 again.

Quote Originally Posted by tsai3904 View Post

I'm not even surprised that you knew that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tsai3904 again.
    I swear. tsai3904 is a walking Board of Elections.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    I swear. tsai3904 is a walking Board of Elections.
    Dude is awesome! Question about election laws or proceedings? tsai3904 will have the answer within 5 minutes. Always.

First results:

Barefoot 1,204 52.30%
    Schriver 789 34.27%
    Bradley 309 13.42%

Barefoot 2,389 49.07%
    Schriver 1,780 36.56%
    Bradley 700 14.38%

It's not looking good. To win a primary, you either need lots of money or lots of manpower. Neither of which we really had.

Both my opponents had triple and quadruple saturation direct mail, and I was only able to hit known unaffiliated primary voters once. Both my opponents ran radio ads and I did not have the budget for it. The numbers coming in represent about 70% of those we were able to touch on the canvass. I expect a little bump from 19-04 whenever it reports, but nothing that will change the outcome.

Franklin County hasn't reported at all yet, but don't set any hopes there as we didn't. some 65% of the population is in Wake, and that's where we worked.

In the end, I was unable to counter the distortions from the status quo establishment guy because he simply had 8x my budget and drowned me out. The one direct mail piece I was able to send to a portion of the unaffiliateds was super effective. I'd like to think if I had the budget like those guys did it would be a totally different story.

When the final finance reports come in, I believe they will reveal that we were outspent 8 or 9 to 1 on one side, and 6 to 1 on the other side.

In any case, we press on for liberty. I will continue being active of course. I'd like to get active on the Constitutionalist Alliance and go around the State teaching people to read the Constitution and vote by it. If nothing else, sow the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    It's not looking good. To win a primary, you either need lots of money or lots of manpower. Neither of which we really had.

Both my opponents had triple and quadruple saturation direct mail, and I was only able to hit known unaffiliated primary voters once. Both my opponents ran radio ads and I did not have the budget for it. The numbers coming in represent about 70% of those we were able to touch on the canvass. I expect a little bump from 19-04 whenever it reports, but nothing that will change the outcome.

Franklin County hasn't reported at all yet, but don't set any hopes there as we didn't. some 65% of the population is in Wake, and that's where we worked.

In the end, I was unable to counter the distortions from the status quo establishment guy because he simply had 8x my budget and drowned me out. The one direct mail piece I was able to send to a portion of the unaffiliateds was super effective. I'd like to think if I had the budget like those guys did it would be a totally different story.

When the final finance reports come in, I believe they will reveal that we were outspent 8 or 9 to 1 on one side, and 6 to 1 on the other side.

In any case, we press on for liberty. I will continue being active of course. I'd like to get active on the Constitutionalist Alliance and go around the State teaching people to read the Constitution and vote by it. If nothing else, sow the ground.
    Sorry to hear Gunny

You are a true freedom fighter.

We were able to canvass about 3500 people, and we ended up with about 2500 votes. Even on election day I encountered solid Ron Paulers who had never heard of me and were planning on voting Barefoot because he was ripping off my platform. That's money.

OH lol wow, we won the precinct that we managed to completely canvass. :-p

Major Bummer. There's just way too much stuff going on now. Peoples attn spans are majorly divided.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is exactly why the liberty movement frustrates me to no end. Gunny, you did the best you could and at least there's the solace that even if you had worked a little harder, it wouldn't have mattered. The establishment came out with both guns blazing and threw a ton of money at their guy. Everyone was too busy focusing on less meaningful candidates and projects and you got hung out to dry.

Well, I'm awake 4 days straight now and have to crash before I hurt myself. Hitting 53 polling places to put out signs yesterday nearly killed me and my mother.

Something else interesting I notice,

Franklin County: Ron Paul gets 706 votes to my 693

Wake County (whole precincts only) Ron Paul gets 1434 votes to my 1222

I'm not complaining that Paul gets more votes than me, he deserves it, but seriously who votes Paul and then one of the other guys in SD18?

Who says you can't run again in the future, and it doesn't have to be for NC House/Senate. We just have to live with the fact that we are outside the system. We fight it, and thus, by default we do not take from the coffers filled with plunder. That means we have less resources and we have so many candidates running it's hard to get everyone the money they need to run winning campaigns. Only so much poor college kids and middle-aged families can afford to give. :/ Keep up the work Gunny.
    School of Salamanca - School of Austrian Economics - Liberty, Private Property, Free-Markets, Voluntaryist, Agorist. le monde va de lui même

"No man hath power over my rights and liberties, and I over no mans [sic]."

What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.

www.mises.org
    www.antiwar.com
    An Arrow Against all Tyrants - Richard Overton vis. 1646 (Required reading!)

Maybe a run for Congress in 2016 if Rand catches on?

Or go back to the private sector and make yourself a good living and focus on educational outreaches
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

OH lol wow, we won the precinct that we managed to completely canvass. :-p
    There is no substitute for one-on-one communications. We have lots more work to do. The good news is that when people hear the message, it gets through.

Bummer about the outcome this time around. But well done for spreading the message. I hope something great turns up for you.

You gave it a noble effort Gunny. New Liberty/Paul candidates won their primaries so the torch is being passed. Nothing wrong with that. You've blazed a trail that many, many people will follow. Don't forget that.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-09-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast