Thread: Health Care.

Thumbs up Health Care.

I personally watched Piers Morgan on CNN 3/26/12 and he mentioned the way the government could make us have health care like they did with Car Insurance. I understand why this is needed but someone like I can't get approved for Health Care or Disability because I WANT TO WORK. However, I have HypertrophicCardiomyopothy since 2004 and I am 24 now I was 16 on my first Cardiac Arrest. A Preexisting Issue that no jobs insurance wants to cover and you can't make a living of Disability. So Someone tell me how this can be fixed?
    Last edited by LimeGreen; 05-04-2012 at 09:22 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is unclear exactly what your problem is. Can you get your thoughts together and clarify your question?
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Unfortunately, the system is screwed up for you.

Does Piers think that your employer should also provide your car insurance?

If each individual bought their own insurance, free from government intervention, the rules of the market would exist making real insurance cheaper and easier to obtain. If you're asking how to navigate the system as it is, we have no idea. In fact, you could probably just wait a little while and they'll change all the rules again. This is what politicians do when they think they no better than the market. They think they can fix things, then when they find out they're wrong, they think they just didn't do it right last time and change it again - beautiful cycle that only ends up hurting people like yourself.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It is unclear exactly what your problem is. Can you get your thoughts together and clarify your question?
    Seriously, If you don't understand it. You don't understand how healthcare is working right now.

I want to know how Ron Paul can change that for people like me. People with Preexisting Conditions that the government says that's not a disability if you want to work. Your Works insurance WILL NOT cover Preexisting. Including a heart issue!

Quote Originally Posted by LimeGreen View Post
    I personally watched Piers Morgan on CNN 3/26/12 and he mentioned the way the government could make us have health care like they did with Car Insurance. I understand why this is needed but someone like I can't get approved for Health Care or Disability because I WANT TO WORK. However, I have HypertrophicCardiomyopothy since 2004 and I am 24 now I was 16 on my first Cardiac Arrest. A Preexisting Issue that no jobs insurance wants to cover and you can't make a living of Disability. So Someone tell me how this can be fixed?
    You're mistaken. Policies you get through employers can't deny you because of a pre-existing condition. If you can manage to go 6 months without seeing a doctor, you're in. If not, the insurer can only exclude you for 12 months.

Personally, I'd fix it by telling you to move to Europe since you're incapable of functioning here. And take Piers with you. While you're on the plane, point out that there is no federal law requiring auto insurance.
    Last edited by angelatc; 05-04-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    While you're on the plane, point out that there is no federal law requiring auto insurance.
    WHOA... Let's stop giving them ideas!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

You're mistaken. Policies you get through employers can't deny you because of a pre-existing condition. If you can manage to go 6 months without seeing a doctor, you're in. If not, the insurer can only exclude you for 12 months.

Personally, I'd fix it by telling you to move to Europe since you're incapable of functioning here. And take Piers with you. While you're on the plane, point out that there is no federal law requiring auto insurance.
    However there is a Federal Law; I received a ticket because my Insurance cut me off for not making my payment because I was a day late.
    Plus, don't forget Full Coverage on a new vehicle!

Employers will give me insurance but it won't cover the Preexisting!
    Last edited by LimeGreen; 05-04-2012 at 10:29 AM.

However there is a Federal Law; I received a ticket because my Insurance cut me off for not making my payment because I was a day late.

Did the lack of oygen damage your brain?

There is no federal law requiring you to carry auto insurance. There is no federal law requiring you to carry full coverage on a new vehicle.

There is a federal law requiring employers to give you health insurance that doesn't exclude your pre-existing condition, with the qualifiers I mentioned above.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

There is no federal law requiring you to carry auto insurance. There is no federal law requiring you to carry full coverage on a new vehicle.

There is a federal law requiring employers to give you health insurance that doesn't exclude your pre-existing condition, with the qualifiers I mentioned above.
    May you please give me that in an Act?

Here ya go: http://www.dol.gov/ebsa/faqs/faq_consumer_hipaa.html

Can a plan deny benefits for chronic illnesses or injuries, like carpal tunnel syndrome, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer using a preexisting condition exclusion?
    It depends on whether you received medical advice, care, diagnosis, or treatment within the 6 months prior to enrolling in a new employer’s plan. If you did, you can be subject to a preexisting condition exclusion.
    I have to see a Cardiologist every 3 months!

I have to see a Cardiologist every 3 months!
    Life isn't easy. Try to get car insurance after you've wrecked the car. You just want somebody else to pay your bills.

You're not telling me anything I didn't already explain to you. So either skip one of your appointments so you can qualify under the 6 month provision, or pay for your own office visits for 12 months while you're waiting for your insurance to kick in.

Makes no difference to me.

Seriously, If you don't understand it. You don't understand how healthcare is working right now.

I want to know how Ron Paul can change that for people like me. People with Preexisting Conditions that the government says that's not a disability if you want to work. Your Works insurance WILL NOT cover Preexisting. Including a heart issue!
    The reason I had a hard time understanding your problem is because you have a difficult to understand writing style. Let's have a look at your post:

I personally watched Piers Morgan on CNN 3/26/12 and he mentioned the way the government could make us have health care like they did with Car Insurance.
    Your first mistake, is mentioning Piers Morgan. Piers Morgan Is not important to your problem.

* I don't care whether or not you watched Piers Morgan.
    * I don't care what channel He's on.
    * I don't care about what he said on 3/26/12.

Secondly, when you say "the way the government could make us have health care" It sounds like you're talking about the mandate which requires people to have healthcare insurance, which is not the angle you want to lead with if your problem is about pre-existing conditions.

I understand why this is needed but someone like I can't get approved for Health Care or Disability because I WANT TO WORK.
    It sounds like you forgot that you forgot to finish that first sentence there. And why does Wanting to Work mean that you can't get approved for Health Care or Disability?

However, I have HypertrophicCardiomyopothy since 2004 and I am 24 now I was 16 on my first Cardiac Arrest. A Preexisting Issue that no jobs insurance wants to cover and you can't make a living of Disability. So Someone tell me how this can be fixed?
    "However" is completely un-needed, and "I have" should be changed to "I've had".

the clauses " A Preexisting Issue that no jobs insurance wants to cover" and "HypertrophicCardiomyopothy" are too far removed from each-other.

the words "and you can't make a living of Disability" have no meaning to me. Does HypertrophicCardiomyopothy prevent you from working.

your paragraph was all over the place, and very hard to put together, so when you say "So Someone tell me how this can be fixed?", It's hard for us to understand what that "something" is.

Now I assume that you're worried that your employer-provided insurance will refuse to cover you because you have a pre-existing condition. And that this is a problem for you because you will therefore be unable to fulfill the healthcare mandate.

Am I correct in this assumption?

Also, Not all laws are federal laws.

angelatc was correct about the federal car insurance law. I believe that car insurance was required when I lived in Wisconsin, but here in Illinois It's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    the clauses " A Preexisting Issue that no jobs insurance wants to cover" and "HypertrophicCardiomyopothy" are too far removed from each-other.

the words "and you can't make a living of Disability" have no meaning to me. Does HypertrophicCardiomyopothy prevent you from working.
    He's in a catch 22. With the government policy his health care is covered, but he is a pauper, and he's "disabled" so he's "not allowed to work" or he'll lose his disability $$ and coverage. He's capable of working and wants to work, but if he earns $$ and benefits he loses his government coverage. When he takes a job with benefits, he'll get health insurance... but they may not be bound to cover his pre existing condition and no matter how much money he earns at a job he's capable of... And no matter how good a job he gets, no private coverage is going to stand up to state coverage. He can't pay for his health care and is forbidden, in a way, of paying for his life expenses; so he lives on the government dole.

Here's some info for you:

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/resour...eexisting.html

presence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What is HypertrophicCardiomyopothy? My guess is that acupuncture could cure it. Thats a much better solution than living with it your whole life.

By the way, pretty much everyone has a preexisting condition. People shouldn't be singled out just because some retard doctor happened to notice your body isn't perfect.