Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 69

Thread: Maine GOP chairman accuses Paul campaign of "take over" plans

  1. #31

    Default

    Thanks for sharing. Good to know. If he was truly unbiased he wouldn't mention any 'takeover' plans. He would urge every delegate to understand the importance of their duty as a delegate and attend the convention!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Good to know. If he was truly unbiased he wouldn't mention any 'takeover' plans. He would urge every delegate to understand the importance of their duty as a delegate and attend the convention!
    Exactly.

    Charlie Webster is a scumbag.

  4. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipObamney View Post
    Exactly.

    Charlie Webster is a scumbag.
    Check out my youtube page, I have a few videos displaying his scumbagery

    http://www.youtube.com/user/FlipObamney/videos

  5. #34

    Default Mr. Webster? A "take-over"?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDixon View Post
    In an e-mail sent to delegates and alternates in Maine this morning:
    Come now, Charlie; we Ron Paul supporters and delegates are no different from ANY other GOP delegates. We are not planning a "take over", any more than any other candidate's "team". We simply want our VOICES heard and our votes counted, as seems you had a problem with during your multiple and failed caucuses.
    Here's the deal, Charlie- we Ron Paul supporters were, first of all, not content to rely on the usual (Neo-Con) delegates that generally have comprised the voting-arm of the GOP, all across these United States. We, instead, worked very hard to earn delegate-status. it was not merely to infiltrate the party. It was to ensure WE would be heard, as have not been in the recent past (probably 30 years). From what I know of the GOP slate, Ron Paul and his libertarian-leanings is more Republican than any of the also-rans. The GOP IS based on LIBERTY. It's a conservative party and you Neo-Cons (emphasis on the word, CONS) have had it in your hands for so long, yet have given up on honesty and faithfulness to the party ideals; So, we are taking it BACK.
    It seems the Neo_cons are just the same as the Democrat-neo-cons. It seems you'd be more comfortable with them than you are with libertarian-minded folk. For this reason, alone, I suggest you join them - as YOU are working toward the wrong end. You and your cohorts are obviously content to continue working, fast and furiously, to destroy not only your party but the USA. And, we will NOT stand for that.
    If you consider that a take-over, I suppose that's your problem (perhaps with semantics?)/ But, we will not allow this party to be suicidal any longer. Some of us have been voting for more than three decades. We are not kids new to the system OR to the party. As such, I resent your implications and for that, I honestly believe you should step down. The Maine GOP and all Mainers would be better off were you to do so.

    Honestly; trying to make it an "us vs them" within the same party will only end badly. If you prefer four more years of Barack Obama, well, you are on the wrong side. IF, however, you care about liberty and the US Constitution, work WITH us, and not against us. Okay?

  6. #35

    Default

    Okay Maine RP Grassroots.....you have been challenged by the GOP State Chairman himself!!!

    Show up this weekend!!! Elect a new Chairman and Secretary.....can you say Alaska!!!!!

  7. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ninepointfive View Post
    The only reason anyone should be nervous is if we aren't prepared. All the Delegate news today is a big indicator they're running scared. Dusman has a good point that we're in the "The fight you" stage.

    President Paul!
    This feels SOOOOO much better than 2008! Love.it!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

    Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

  8. #37

    Default

    I don't see a reason to be nervous in regard to what the GOP is attempting to do. As long as we do the right thing, know the rules of each caucus-convention, there is no reason for nerves.
    I'd say Charlie has some-nerve to go there, to say we're attempting a 'take over', but other than that? nervous? No. Gather your strength and get out there. Stand for right and you'll always BE right. No worries, either; you have many on the same side.

  9. #38

    Default

    No doubt it's Charlie who should be nervous, after how many folks they disenfranchised on caucus day. You think Paul supporters are dedicated, see how much they are when you piss them off (just ask St. Charles, MO)... How has this guy not been forced to resign again?
    The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

  10. #39

    Default

    I sure hope we have take over plans! That's less of an accusation and more a mere statement of fact.

    Oh, and outgoing state chairman, please make sure all organizational expenses are documented, there will be an audit.
    “If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”

    - SAMUEL ADAMS

  11. #40
    Truth is treason ... Occam's Banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Empire of Lies
    Posts
    8,099

    Default

    Message to Charlie Webster: "You broke it, you bought it!"
    tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito · fiat justitia, ruat caelum · sic semper tyrannis
    The Bastiat Collection - FREE PDF

    Frédéric Bastiat
    • "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      - The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      - Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      - Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      - Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

  12. #41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Okay Maine RP Grassroots.....you have been challenged by the GOP State Chairman himself!!!

    Show up this weekend!!! Elect a new Chairman and Secretary.....can you say Alaska!!!!!
    We got this.

  13. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    And there are those among us that seem to believe that the overall good of the party is more important than the overall good of the country.

    Don't you get it, Charlie? We are saving the party from people like YOU! People who put party over principle! When conservative principles prevail in the party, the party will have nothing to worry about... The elections will follow.
    Well said. Can I paste all of this exactly as is and send it back to him via the Maine GOP website?
    It does not take a majority to prevail … but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.

    -Samuel Adams

  14. #43

    Default

    I think even the establishment is sick of Charlie Webster, he flat out embarrassed the entire party on caucus day...This is Maine's chance to redeem their image.

  15. #44

    Default

    why is this clown still the chairman?... other chariman messed up less and they had to resign.

  16. #45

    Default

    I found his note to be quite unprofessional as well, people can pick any chair they want!

  17. #46

    Default

    Here is a response to Charlie's "Important Message" from Eric Brakey Maine State Director for Ron Paul's Campaign


    Maine Patriots,

    I regret the necessity of writing this message, but unfortunately the Maine GOP leadership has desperately chosen to use “scorched earth” tactics to suppress your vote.

    This morning, Charlie Webster sent out an email to Maine Republicans which contained outright lies about a meeting he had with our campaign.
    Perhaps the facts got lost in Charlie's spam folder.

    Charlie Webster says we want to "take over" the Republican Convention.
    By "taking over," he must mean we want to have our voices heard.
    If that's the case, then count me in.

    In order to send a conservative delegation to Tampa, we need your help.

    If you have not yet become a delegate, there's still time. This Saturday, any vacant delegate seats can be filled by registered Republicans who show up. That's right, you may STILL become a delegate for Dr. Paul!

    Maine is winnable--with your help. To become a delegate, show up to the Augusta Civic Center no later than 8:00 am to register. Fellow supporters have worked out carpooling and room-sharing options, simply respond to this email with any questions.

    If Charlie wants a fight, it's a fight he will get!

    For Liberty,
    Eric Brakey
    Maine State Director
    Ron Paul Presidential Campaign
    207-406-0897
    P.S. Ron Paul's been fighting for us for 30 years; fight for Ron Paul and become a Delegate, it's easy! Just show up.

  18. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipObamney View Post
    If Charlie wants a fight, it's a fight he will get!
    very nice

  19. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlipObamney View Post
    Here is a response to Charlie's "Important Message" from Eric Brakey Maine State Director for Ron Paul's Campaign


    Maine Patriots,

    I regret the necessity of writing this message, but unfortunately the Maine GOP leadership has desperately chosen to use “scorched earth” tactics to suppress your vote.

    This morning, Charlie Webster sent out an email to Maine Republicans which contained outright lies about a meeting he had with our campaign.
    Perhaps the facts got lost in Charlie's spam folder.

    Charlie Webster says we want to "take over" the Republican Convention.
    By "taking over," he must mean we want to have our voices heard.
    If that's the case, then count me in.

    In order to send a conservative delegation to Tampa, we need your help.

    If you have not yet become a delegate, there's still time. This Saturday, any vacant delegate seats can be filled by registered Republicans who show up. That's right, you may STILL become a delegate for Dr. Paul!

    Maine is winnable--with your help. To become a delegate, show up to the Augusta Civic Center no later than 8:00 am to register. Fellow supporters have worked out carpooling and room-sharing options, simply respond to this email with any questions.

    If Charlie wants a fight, it's a fight he will get!

    For Liberty,
    Eric Brakey
    Maine State Director
    Ron Paul Presidential Campaign
    207-406-0897
    P.S. Ron Paul's been fighting for us for 30 years; fight for Ron Paul and become a Delegate, it's easy! Just show up.
    oh crap. That is what they are trying to do. I'm sure they will send hordes. Our hordes need to be bigger.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  20. #49

    Default

    Remember the Maine!

    "Time is catching up with me." -Ron Paul

  21. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shemdogg View Post
    do you need more help from out-of-staters?
    ....

  22. #51
    Member francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    State of Jefferson
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    Remember the Maine!

    Clever image. Did you find that, or make it yourself?

  23. #52

    Default

    When life leaves us blind, love keeps us kind. - Linkin Park
    R3VOLUTION

  24. #53

    Default

    Breathe folks and stay focused and calm at the convention.

    Revolution On!!!

    We have one chance to do this right so lets get it done.

    The order of business is at hand.

  25. #54

    Default

    It's hard to believe that a Maine Republican Convention of all places, is going to be exciting.

  26. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
    It's hard to believe that a Maine Republican Convention of all places, is going to be exciting.
    "exciting" won't even begin to describe it.

  27. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maineiac View Post
    It's hard to believe that a Maine Republican Convention of all places, is going to be exciting.
    Welcome to the forums!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  28. #57

    Default

    Yep, Maine will be an exciting one because it's obvious to everyone but the GOP themselves (and I wonder about that too!) that we can win it up there.

    What bugs me is why, after the whole "lost votes in my email spam folder oopsie" debacle Webster pulled in February, does that man still have a friggin' job?

    What would it take to remove him? The cheater in the same position held in Iowa was fired, so why not Maine?

  29. #58

  30. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnCapAnon View Post
    Yep, Maine will be an exciting one because it's obvious to everyone but the GOP themselves (and I wonder about that too!) that we can win it up there.

    What bugs me is why, after the whole "lost votes in my email spam folder oopsie" debacle Webster pulled in February, does that man still have a friggin' job?

    What would it take to remove him? The cheater in the same position held in Iowa was fired, so why not Maine?
    Particularly when Ron's and ONLY Ron's vote went down on the recount in areas, and how votes can go DOWN because some votes are lost in a spam filter is a mystery to this day....

    and welcome to you, as well!
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-03-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

    "Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

  31. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnCapAnon View Post
    Yep, Maine will be an exciting one because it's obvious to everyone but the GOP themselves (and I wonder about that too!) that we can win it up there.

    What bugs me is why, after the whole "lost votes in my email spam folder oopsie" debacle Webster pulled in February, does that man still have a friggin' job?

    What would it take to remove him? The cheater in the same position held in Iowa was fired, so why not Maine?
    Unfortunately, the problem is much bigger than Charlie himself.

    http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/1...f-caucus-mess/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •