Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maine GOP chairman accuses Paul campaign of "take over" plans

Maine GOP chairman accuses Paul campaign of "take over" plans

In an e-mail sent to delegates and alternates in Maine this morning:

To: State Convention Delegates and Alternates

Several weeks ago I attended a meeting at the Party Headquarters with a representative from the Ron Paul campaign.

At that meeting I was informed that the Ron Paul campaign intends to "take over" the Republican State Convention and Republican State Committee.

It appears that such an effort will be attempted.

It is my opinion that, in my role as Party Chairman, my obligation is to welcome every Republican activist to our Convention, and to guarantee that all voices are heard.

All of us should welcome the supporters of Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Mitt Romney.

These activists are critical to the election of our candidates in the 2012 elections.

As attendees of our convention, I write to inform you of this situation and to remind you of the importance of attending the Convention beginning with the election of the Convention Secretary when we convene at 9 a.m. ( We recommend that you arrive at 8:15, at the latest to collect your Delegate/Alternate credentials )

The very first business on Saturday will be the election of the Convention Secretary and Convention Chairman.

This would be the first opportunity for anyone to "take over" the Convention by electing " their " Convention Chairman.

The County caucuses will be held at 4 o'clock and this matter of business would be another opportunity to "take over" the State Committee.

I regret the necessity of writing this message, but unfortunately there are those among us who would choose to divide us rather than unite us. Individuals who seem to believe that the overall good of the Party may not be as important as their candidate and their own personal political opinions.

Thanks for reading this message, see you at the Convention. 8:15 a.m. on Saturday

Charlie Webster
    Chairman, Maine Republican Party

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man the Gray hair Republicans are going to be pissed they have to actually start attending these events

chris i'm coming up to man a table outside the event

do you need more help from out-of-staters?

unfortunately there are those among us who would choose to divide us rather than unite us. Individuals who seem to believe that the overall good of the Party may not be as important as their candidate and their own personal political opinions.
    And there are those among us that seem to believe that the overall good of the party is more important than the overall good of the country.

Don't you get it, Charlie? We are saving the party from people like YOU! People who put party over principle! When conservative principles prevail in the party, the party will have nothing to worry about... The elections will follow.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Wow, now this isn't a warning to the establishment voters to show up in force now is it? The thing is if Paul truely won Maine if not for some technicalities I can't imagine them being able to produce enough peeps to counter Paul's efforts there. Also in this state it was the establishment that wanted to divide rather than be fair and unite. The hypocrisy is sickening! And when you take the country as a whole and all the exclusions and dirty tricks the party has pulled against Paul they deserve everything they get..

This was on DP. Not sure if it's been confirmed:

"Just got an "Ann Romney" robocall: "Unified delegation" planned for ME convention.
    Submitted by SteveMartin on Wed, 05/02/2012 - 15:01
    in
    Ron Paul 2012
    Just got robocalled by someone claiming to be "Ann Romney."

She was urging me to be sure to attend the Maine State Convention so that they can put together "A unified delegation of Romney, Santorum and Gingrich supporters" for Tampa."
    http://www.dailypaul.com/230415/just...-me-convention
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Notice his quotations. Bye bye Charlie Webster ... Bye Bye
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Is that what it is when they lose the vote?

Why is their unilateral pick of a convention chair any less offensive than the actual vote of one from the floor?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-03-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obviously his secretary made a mistake. It's not "take over" the GOP it's take back the GOP.

"TAKE-OVER"?

The GOP has already been taken over!! We're taking it back!

Taking it back from those that would use our military so liberally, and obviously, unconstitutionally.
    Taking it back from those that would grow government instead of cutting it.
    Taking it back from those that would use the power of the State to dictate morality upon the people.
    Taking it back from those that would allow the police state to continue and who want to expand it.

People like Charlie have had the reins of the GOP for too long and we see where they've led us! Eventually, the REAL conservatives in the country will be thanking us for fixing the party!
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Avalanche has already started, they can try, but can not stop this...

The train of freedom, which you cannot kill, shall live forever!

The RNC and the state-level GOP-cronies are shaking in their boots.

These letters, calls and pronouncements to "stop RP delegates" amount to the death rattle of the war-mongering, bloated-budget, liberty-trampling oldGOP - the peace-loving, small-government, liberty-loving newGOP will rise from its ashes.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Is there a link to this information on a webpage or wordpress blog somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    This was on DP. Not sure if it's been confirmed:

http://www.dailypaul.com/230415/just...-me-convention
    ANyone but Ron, but staffed with Romney supporters, as tried in Louisiana. People who ONCE supported G and S now sometimes support MR, and it isn't difficult to pick them and call them partisans to their old candidate. If conservatives want to block Romney winning on the first ballot, EVEN to give OTHER conservative candidates more leverage, the only way to do that is to back Paul.

I still doubt the establishment can block us, even after they threw out Ron's 70 Portland delegates because THEY conveniently made trivial sign in mistakes which even if deducted from the vote wouldn't have changed the outcome.

We will see.

Meanwhile, they sure do seem awfully nervous for an election that is 'in the bag' to the point of not even covering the Louisiana caucuses Ron won.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 05-03-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Thanks bunches for poking the hornets nest Charlie. I've noticed a trend that RP supporters do their best work when they are pissed off

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pacu44 View Post
    Avalanche has already started, they can try, but can not stop this...
    Try and they will get buried in the avanlance. I got no problem burying those too ignorant to know this. So long Charlie.

wait, isnt that not allowing the democratic voice of the republicans in that state being heard...

Had to quote LA GOP- NEW ORLEANS Sara Roy.... Classic....

Ann Romney Maine robo call taken from radio show

http://youtu.be/4JWy9u_Owgw

I looks like Mitt is starting to get desperate.

Please tweet/facebook/call/email everyone you know in Maine to show up. And if you are going bring as many friends as possible with you for their Maine convention on May 5th and 6th.
    Last edited by digitaldean; 05-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.

I am beginning to get nervous. First the letter from RNC to NV GOP and now this. Looks like the neocons are pulling out all stops to stop Paul supporters this weekend.

Will they succeed?

Well, we knew they weren't going to let Ron win without breaking any rule it might help them to break.

So, yeah, they are drawing the line in the sand in a less public spot than the RNC. But hey, America Elect moved its deadline back.....

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    I am beginning to get nervous. First the letter from RNC to NV GOP and now this. Looks like the neocons are pulling out all stops to stop Paul supporters this weekend.

Will they succeed?
    The campaign has proven they can bring our people out when needed so I wouldn't be nervous. The cons have done everything they could do and more to sabotage us but usually we win in the end. Good Times!

Individuals who seem to believe that the overall good of the Party may not be as important as their candidate and their own personal political opinions.
    Who gives a $#@! about the party, the political process is about the COUNTRY!
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I regret the necessity of writing this message, but unfortunately there are those among us who would choose to divide us rather than unite us.
    You're not being a hypocrite at all.

If there was any doubt that we are truly proceeding into the "then they fight you" stage, the recent RNC and state chairs working against us should be just the motivation we all need to take this to a win.

Good luck everyone.
    "Those who slumber on the path to tyranny, sink on the river to freedom." - Brett D.

"I am not attacking you Eric. I am stating historical fact. Leon Trotsky taught Leo Straus everything he knew about Communism. Leo Straus set up shop at the University of Chicago. There Straus mentored and educated the godfather of the neoconservative movement, Kristol the Elder. See? It is not an attack, it is a statement of historical fact." - Random RP Supporter Spreading Some Love

Quote Originally Posted by dusman View Post
    If there was any doubt that we are truly proceeding into the "then they fight you" stage, the recent RNC and state chairs working against us should be just the motivation we all need to take this to a win.

Good luck everyone.
    Not proceeding into it, we ARE in it. How bloody it will get is what I ponder.

Will they succeed?
    It also appears that they're trying to get rid of the St. Charles delegation to the MO state convention: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ing-Challenged
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

IMPORTANT Message to Delegates & Alternates - From Maine GOP Chairman Charlie Webster

The following was received today 5/3 via email from the Maine GOP Chairman Charlie Webster.

To: State Convention Delegates and Alternates

Several weeks ago I attended a meeting at the Party Headquarters with a representative from the Ron Paul campaign.

At that meeting I was informed that the Ron Paul campaign intends to "take over" the Republican State Convention and Republican State Committee.

It appears that such an effort will be attempted.

It is my opinion that, in my role as Party Chairman, my obligation is to welcome every Republican activist to our Convention, and to guarantee that all voices are heard.

All of us should welcome the supporters of Ron Paul, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum, and Mitt Romney.

These activists are critical to the election of our candidates in the 2012 elections.

As attendees of our convention, I write to inform you of this situation and to remind you of the importance of attending the Convention beginning with the election of the Convention Secretary when we convene at 9 a.m. ( We recommend that you arrive at 8:15, at the latest to collect your Delegate/Alternate credentials )

The very first business on Saturday will be the election of the Convention Secretary and Convention Chairman.

This would be the first opportunity for anyone to "take over" the Convention by electing " their " Convention Chairman.

The County caucuses will be held at 4 o'clock and this matter of business would be another opportunity to "take over" the State Committee.

I regret the necessity of writing this message, but unfortunately there are those among us who would choose to divide us rather than unite us. Individuals who seem to believe that the overall good of the Party may not be as important as their candidate and their own personal political opinions.

Thanks for reading this message, see you at the Convention. 8:15 a.m. on Saturday

Charlie Webster
    Chairman, Maine Republican Party

Will they succeed?
    The only reason anyone should be nervous is if we aren't prepared. All the Delegate news today is a big indicator they're running scared. Dusman has a good point that we're in the "The fight you" stage.

President Paul!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast