Thread: CNN Has Lowest-Rated Month In More Than A Decade In April

CNN Has Lowest-Rated Month In More Than A Decade In April

Good, and that's no spin:
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cnn-...cade-in-april/

across-the-board declines:

John King USA at 6 PM was down 41% in the 25-54 demo. Good!

Erin Burnett Outfront at 7 PM was down 34%. She're pretty hot, so that's too bad.

Piers Morgan was down 14% at 9PM. Good!

Anderson Cooper 360 was down 8% at 8 PM and 28% at 10PM. Meh.

In primetime, CNN had its lowest rated month in nearly two years. Good!
    Last edited by RonRules; 05-02-2012 at 10:25 AM.
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's what's scary: Fox is about 3X CNN.

In comparison, leader Fox News CHannel was up 2% in total viewers (1.1 million) and 1% in 25-54 (273,000) and No.2 MSNBC was flat in total viewers (425,000) and down 5% in 25-54 (139,000).
    Statistics don't lie, people do.

I'm glad I don't watch fox anymore. they will be harping on this like crazy. The spin is that FOX is the only network that still appeals to the TV watching news goer (old out of touch republicans).

I'm a cord-cutter and I based that decision PRIMARILY on CNN and FOX. Had they treated Ron Paul fairly, and by that I mean report accurately, I was never looking for praise and glory - had they just reported accurately, they'd still have my viewership and money.

Screw 'em - I get better, more timely, and more accurate news without them.

I like how Kathleen Madigan put it (paraphrase) - "So the news comes on at 6 with this ominous music and the question 'It's 6pm, do you know what happened in the world today?' - well, YEAH, I have the Internet, unless it happened at 5:59 - I'm good!"
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

I like to think the parental filters I put on all the 24/7 news channels did a little part, somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    Good, and that's no spin:
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/cnn-...cade-in-april/

across-the-board declines:

John King USA at 6 PM was down 41% in the 25-54 demo. Good!

Erin Burnett Outfront at 7 PM was down 34%. She're pretty hot, so that's too bad.

Piers Morgan was down 14% at 9PM. Good!

Anderson Cooper 360 was down 8% at 8 PM and 28% at 10PM. Meh.

In primetime, CNN had its lowest rated month in nearly two years. Good!
    Good! I hope viewers will continue to black them out -- I did.

Are they losing people to the internet or to fox?
    Best of luck in life.

Good. Fox has to be down alot too though.
    I am the spoon.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe we should send some emails telling them if you want higher ratings report on ron Paul's success and put some of that drama they love syo much back into the primary and stop saying "the presumptive nominee "! Those ratings will go way back up again.

People still watch too much tv.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

f them all, CLEAN FOR MONTHS NOW fox,cnn and msnbc are dying and should.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 05-02-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

i rate them at a negative four...

The worst thing is MSNBC is actually the fairest network for Ron, I mean think about it...freaking MSNBC!

Quote Originally Posted by BSU kid View Post
    The worst thing is MSNBC is actually the fairest network for Ron, I mean think about it...freaking MSNBC!
    MSNBC likely see their ratings go up when they talk about Ron Paul. Stupid news networks hiding news is stupid. It's like a restaurant that quits selling food.

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    I'm a cord-cutter and I based that decision PRIMARILY on CNN and FOX. Had they treated Ron Paul fairly, and by that I mean report accurately, I was never looking for praise and glory - had they just reported accurately, they'd still have my viewership and money.

I like how Kathleen Madigan put it (paraphrase) - "So the news comes on at 6 with this ominous music and the question 'It's 6pm, do you know what happened in the world today?' - well, YEAH, I have the Internet, unless it happened at 5:59 - I'm good!"
    +1 CUT THE CORD! This is the best way to attack the MSM. Not only will you save money, but the MSM will lower prices to retain other customers (lose even further revenue) and by bending down their growth curve, you lower their stock valuation. A lower valuation means their own stock won't go as far in mergers and acquisitions. The hunter becomes the hunted.

If cable costs $75 per month, and you pay for this with an account that earns 3% (after inflation), then it would take an investment account of $30,000 to fund the cable habit.

$30,000 * 3% = $900 = $75 * 12

Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Are they losing people to the internet or to fox?
    CNN is losing people mainly because they are gutter news with propaganda. FOX is not tanking.

I don't watch television much less news unless it's a video clip here or there on YouTube.

This would be an excellent time to get a 24 hour Liberty news channel to compete with FOX, CNN, and MSNBC. Now that is something I could support and would have an awesome effect on waking people up out of their zombie trance.
    Last edited by Liberty74; 05-02-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    CNN is losing people mainly because they are gutter news with propaganda. FOX is not tanking.

I don't watch television much less news unless it's a video clip here or there on YouTube.

This would be an excellent time to get a 24 hour Liberty news channel to compete with FOX, CNN, and MSNBC. Now that is something I could support and would have an awesome effect on waking people up out of their zombie trance.
    exactly, i would support it to.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quit watching MSM months ago. Think of it as "This is your brain, this is brain watching MSM." *cracks egg*

When this campaign is over Ron Paul Grassroots should turn there attention to dismantling the "news" media. This would be done by raising awareness about it's methods and actions.

The "news" media is the enabler of The Establishment. "News" today is just propaganda.

Twitter hashtag: #BiasedMedia
    "WE..as a group NOW have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable you have an obligation to do something about it." Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    People still watch too much tv.
    No doubt, and social security provides just enough for the elderly to pay their bills and sit on the couch and watch cable news.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

CNN is a joke.

There was a problem, however. In Virginia (the only state that was a straightforward Paul vs Romney vote), Paul's vote was overwhelmingly young but not orthodox Republican in its views. His supporters were more inclined to be pro-choice on abortion, nonevangelical, and opposed to the tea party. Given that Paul is pro-life, religious, and wildly supportive of the tea party, this confirms the growing tension between the man and his movement.
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/04/opinio...aul/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post

<3 Kathleen Madigan