Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ron Paul is wrong on one major thing...tax rates for the top bracket must be increased.

There used to be a 100% tax rate in this country...if you were black and worked on a plantation.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havax View Post
    There used to be a 100% tax rate in this country...if you were black and worked on a plantation.
    There is so much truth and depth in this statement...

Quote Originally Posted by alongee View Post
    Give up your citizenship.
    I've got a novel idea. How about 0%? You don't like it? LEAVE! Give up your citizenship, hater.

Well, I'm glad we discussed this important topic. Thanks for the opportunity.

You guys chased off the troll. Well done.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your kidding me. How about this novel idea? Corporations should not pay any taxes. Why is it the government gets to tax an entity twice. If I am a small business owner my net profit gets taxed. My employee's income gets taxed. Anything I take home above and beyond my expenses and taxes is mine. Does the government have a right to tax that take home again? Why is it any different for corporations than it is for non corporations. In an LLP the partners get taxed on the income derived from their business activities. Why is it a corporation made up of employees and investors gets taxed twice. The corporate employees get taxed and the investors get taxed on any capital gains and dividends they earn from their investment. Taxes collected from corporations is just theft prior to profits being shared with employees and investors. How many more people would a corporation be able to employ if they did not have to pay income taxes?

The idea that the government would have the power and the "right" to take 60% of someone's income is disturbing. The government has an extreme, insane spending problem, not a revenue problem! One of the main reasons the Founders left England was because of the King's overtaxing. Sheesh...talk about a dog "returning to his vomit."

One other thing that disgusts me. We just sold our house and I'm learning about all the taxes I have to pay on that so-called "profit." (Yes, I made "profit" because I owed less than it's worth and there's a difference there. But I paid for the house with my income that had ALREADY been taxed to begin with and after paying interest I'm still at a net loss).

But think about this. I worked to earn the income to pay for my house. That income was already taxed. And now the government taxes it again! I'm a slave! I'm working and someone else gets the fruits of my labor. That is slave labor and the government is the slavemaster.

That won't fix everything. You still have to increase taxes on the rich, or else the deficits won't go away.
    That's not true.

I think the poor dont pay their fair share of taxes.

For anyone who think the Rich and corporations are not paying their fair share should watch this.

Its bad enough they take a third of what we earn today, but I feel sorry for the stupid SOB who would keep working once they hit that top tax bracket. Who is going to work for 34 cents on a dollar?
    "Time is catching up with me." -Ron Paul

That top rate should be in the 66% range at all times.
    Oh yes? Says who? What authorizes them to take what I have rightfully earned?

This is smelling like a troll.

Why do you think the United States was able to build the interstate highway system in the 1950's?
    Are you suggesting that ends justify means? I need money. Give me your wallet or I will bash your brains in with this here digging bar. My end justifies my means too; what is good for the goose, and all that.

Maybe the higher marginal tax rates led to higher revenue?
    This claim has been demolished so utterly and so many times it is ridiculous. As taxes go up, revenues crash for any of several reasons that are mainly based in the economics of the issue, but I suspect in some cases politics as well.

What a concept load of baloney

Fixed that for you. You're welcome.

The nerve of conservatives crying about deficits when the deficit exploded under Reagan & Bush 2 because of their tax cuts. You hate deficits? Quit bitchin about taxes. Tax revenue closes deficits.
    Only in a short term time frame and only marginally. In the longer term, revenues drop.

We need to increase the tax rate on the top bracket in order to end deficits.
    We need to stop spending the stolen riches of those who work for their livings.

OK, I've fed the troll. Shame on me. We should all stop now.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    100% tax FTW.

Just imagine what our politicians could if they just had enough money!
    So lets play this out a bit. When 100% fails to achieve the stated goals of unbridled altruism, what will they then do? Charge you for the privilege of working and make quitting a class-A felony, punished by execution. They get free slave labor and a population reduction effect. What's not to like?
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

i will add , everyone knows business/corp's pay no taxes , the people pay taxes , taxes are added in the price of products/services.

also our great SCOTUS has ruled that corp's are people.

i have never seen a corp go to jail for breaking the law.

OP's ass has been thoroughly kicked with size 16 cowboy boots..

Rev9
    Drain the swamp - BIG DOG
    http://mindreleaselabs.com/
    Seeking work on Apps, Games, Art based projects

I am not rich (not even close) but I see the wealthy as someone to emulate instead of punish. I believe the odds are pretty high that I will be a man of means within my lifetime simply because of my desire to find success, my knowledge in my field and my work ethic when it comes to things that I am passionate about. Now nobody is going to hand me success so why should I be forced to share my earnings with people I do not care to share it with? Please tell me why stealing from me would be acceptable.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

How about we stop lobbyists from influencing the government and stealing from the tax payer?

PLEASE do not compare Mitt Romney to Shigeru Miyamoto! Inventive people like Shigeru Miyamoto deserve every penny he earns! So please do not tax him as if he were the same crook Mitt Romney is who steals from the tax payer!

The Nintendo DS was a legitimate success, and that is why Nintendo is such an awesome company!
    Last edited by Lishy; 05-01-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Labor tax (income tax) is outrageous. It's a form of slavery. As has been stated here already the income tax always falls on the middle class and poor to pay it. Wealthy people evade it, either illegally or legally by passing laws that make their evasion legal.

This is true everywhere. For instance in Britain they have tough tax laws, but there is very little compliance among wealthy taxpayers. In the US there is more compliance, but the laws are structured so that wealthy people end up paying very little.

More legitimate forms of taxation are resource consumption taxes and true wealth taxes that only affect unquestionably financially secure people, say with net worths of over $5 million.

Financial security is an interesting thing. Why does the government aggressively desecuritize the middle class and then offer them paltry concessions in return like Social Security and Medicare? Government should actively work to securitize the middle class, and the first way to start is by not stealing their money from them.

It's better to have independently financially secure people than a population that is taxed dry and then given government "services" that most people would pay to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by JebSanderson View Post
    I think the poor dont pay their fair share of taxes.

Fun with numbers:

Are you advocating that the bottom 50% pay 50% of the total taxes? Because they only make 9% of the total income, whereas the top 1% comprises of 22% of the total income. In fact, if the bottom 50% were to be responsible for 50% of the federal taxes, you'd have to tax them at roughly 110%. Unless Bernanke can help out with his counterfeit machine, I'm not sure how that'll work.

(http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/indtaxst...133521,00.html)
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.

They're citizens, and are part of this country. If they don't like it, leave.
    Or maybe if you want that high of a tax rate you can leave.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEGuy View Post
    Fun with numbers:

Are you advocating that the bottom 50% pay 50% of the total taxes? Because they only make 9% of the total income, whereas the top 1% comprises of 22% of the total income. In fact, if the bottom 50% were to be responsible for 50% of the federal taxes, you'd have to tax them at roughly 110%. Unless Bernanke can help out with his counterfeit machine, I'm not sure how that'll work.

(http://www.irs.gov/taxstats/indtaxst...133521,00.html)
    No, but if they make 9% of the income, they should pay 9% of total income taxes. If the top 1% makes 22% of total income they should pay 22% of total incomes taxes, as opposed to 38% which they currently pay.

Obviously, I'd rather no one pay any income tax whatsoever.

They're citizens, and are part of this country. If they don't like it, leave.
    Yeah, run all the major job creators overseas. That's a wonderful plan that has worked oh so well in the past.

/sarcasm

That won't fix everything. You still have to increase taxes on the rich, or else the deficits won't go away.
    The rich write the tax code. If you are getting taxed, you ain't rich.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    No, Ron Paul is right, get rid of the income tax.
    There's the answer that brought many of us to Ron Paul...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

The guy is a troll. Just look at his post history. He posted 3 times "great info" in different meaningless threads so that his post count wasn't 1.

Quote Originally Posted by JebSanderson View Post
    No, but if they make 9% of the income, they should pay 9% of total income taxes. If the top 1% makes 22% of total income they should pay 22% of total incomes taxes, as opposed to 38% which they currently pay.

Obviously, I'd rather no one pay any income tax whatsoever.
    I agree that should be the case too (barring elimination of taxes). I was pointing out the misleading inference in the previous chart that the top 1% in income brackets pay 38% of the total tax, which implies it must be unfair because 38% >> 1 %. But it's comparing apples to oranges.
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.

obama troll would be less obvious if you did not start threads right away with 1 of his top agendas . you also need to realize the the majority here want less government , so you will need to explain how that can be accomplished by giving them more money ?
    You are the Universe experiencing itself

Quote Originally Posted by DEGuy View Post
    The federal government used to get most of its money from tariffs (95% or so in some years):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excise_..._United_States

After 1917, when income taxes exceeded tariff taxes, it was all over. Stealing from citizens' income became far preferred to stealing from the imports or sales of booze.

A tariff or excise tax was required to be uniform so it didn't matter if a rich man or poor man drank that bottle of wkiskey. Of course, we wouldn't have to tax anybody at 110% if the scope of government was reduced.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123