Thread: Mises is Losing to Keynes on Facebook

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Murray Rothbard is doing better with 14,877 split among two pages.
    Adam Smith has 19,483.
    But then, Karl Marx has 125,719.
    Ron Paul has 947,478... Trending on track to hit a million in a couple weeks.
    Last edited by kuckfeynes; 04-30-2012 at 01:45 AM.

If we all learned about Austrian Economics & liberty as much as we can & explained it to as many people as we can then may be they'd have more likes & hopefully, sooner rather than later, may be we'll see enough of a shift in public opinion to even start moving in the right direction with regards to economics & liberty
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

there are a lot of people who don't use facebook.

Fair enough. Will you concede that it's a potent tool in influencing the next generation?

It seems there are bot accounts that are liking Keynes facebook. Just look at the inactivity on his timeline.

on the other hand, Mises is very popular

https://www.facebook.com/MisesvsKeynes

Quote Originally Posted by soulcyon View Post
    It seems there are bot accounts that are liking Keynes facebook. Just look at the inactivity on his timeline.

on the other hand, Mises is very popular

https://www.facebook.com/MisesvsKeynes
    If it wasn't for that MisesvsKeynes page, I probably would have cancelled my Facebook account (again!) by now. Lots of good libertarians thinkers and very opinionated debates about everything under the sun in society. You also get your share of leftys and neo-cons who try to engage the Moderators, which is good if you need to refine argumentative skills and Pro-Paul points.

Bottom line, THIS is the Mises place to hang out on Facebook, and what Keynes' page should be measured up against. I also second soulcyon's theory of fake accounts and general inactivity on the Keynes page. We have a community active many times per day with a team of Moderators to keep trolls under leash, they don't have anything close to that!
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

AA
    Last edited by aaroche26; 08-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in the same boat. I probably would have cancelled mine too. "I bet Ludwig von Mises can get more fans than John Maynard Keynes" rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    If it wasn't for that MisesvsKeynes page, I probably would have cancelled my Facebook account (again!) by now. Lots of good libertarians thinkers and very opinionated debates about everything under the sun in society. You also get your share of leftys and neo-cons who try to engage the Moderators, which is good if you need to refine argumentative skills and Pro-Paul points.

Bottom line, THIS is the Mises place to hang out on Facebook, and what Keynes' page should be measured up against. I also second soulcyon's theory of fake accounts and general inactivity on the Keynes page. We have a community active many times per day with a team of Moderators to keep trolls under leash, they don't have anything close to that!

Not austrian but at least somewhat free-market friedman has more likes than keynes

Quote Originally Posted by kuckfeynes View Post
    Murray Rothbard is doing better with 14,877 split among two pages.
    Adam Smith has 19,483.
    But then, Karl Marx has 125,719.
    Ron Paul has 947,478... Trending on track to hit a million in a couple weeks.
    feels like yesterday we were fighting for 600k damn

There have always been more losers than winners. Trouble is most losers are such losers they want everyone to lose with them. Most winners are winners because they want everyone else to win too.

2 different ways of looking at things.