Thread: Anyone recommend a good place for gun safely/instrutional classes in Delaware?

Anyone recommend a good place for gun safely/instrutional classes in Delaware?

I live in northern Delaware, and was looking to take a class on some basic gun safely (I shot rifles in the Boy Scouts a long time ago), and some time on a range? I know the NRA does this kind of thing, but I'm having a hard time finding anywhere online with information. The closest is a place called Targetmaster up in Chadds Ford. I'd prefer something more local and familiar with the Delaware laws though.
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not sure a basic safety class is going to help you out with the law.
    I had *some* legal instruction in my CHP class, but most of what I know I got online.
    Which brings me to my point: I don't like school.
    There's nothing you can learn in a class that you can't learn outside of a class.
    As soon as you set foot in a classroom you're being given someone else's slant on things.
    This is why you'll find multiple versions of Jeff Cooper's four rules of firearms safety.
    Someone's particular slant in Delaware is probaby suspect.

If you find a class, take it, but take a grain of salt with it.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I'm not sure a basic safety class is going to help you out with the law.
    I had *some* legal instruction in my CHP class, but most of what I know I got online.
    Which brings me to my point: I don't like school.
    There's nothing you can learn in a class that you can't learn outside of a class.
    As soon as you set foot in a classroom you're being given someone else's slant on things.
    This is why you'll find multiple versions of Jeff Cooper's four rules of firearms safety.
    Someone's particular slant in Delaware is probaby suspect.

If you find a class, take it, but take a grain of salt with it.
    The basics of firearms safety should be the same everywhere, but someone in Delaware would be more familiar with the particulars of the conceal and carry laws of the state. I prefer a little bit of classroom instruction too, at least to get a solid base of knowledge to build on.
    Turning the GOP into a party of liberty will not be a quick race, it will be a marathon.