Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman on Bloomberg TV 4/30/12 (Video and transcript added)

Wow...just wow!

Paul Krugman is an absolute idiot. Almost everything he said was a lie or an untruth. Try and use gold or silver to buy something you crook and see what happens. Why are those on the Left pro-choice on nothing but abortion???

This guy is the Left's go to economic man??? LMFAO
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know a lot of you would like to see Bob Murphy debate Paul Krugman, but I'd much rather see Jim Grant debate Krugman.

Quote Originally Posted by aaroche26 View Post
    This is from Robert Murphy's facebook page:

"appreciates the words of encouragement, but no kids, Ron Paul is a better person than me to debate Paul Krugman on Bloomberg TV. For one thing, way more people will watch it, if Dr. Paul is representing the Austrian position. For another, I have yet to get a thousand college kids chanting, "End the Fed!" Check with me in a few years after I've worked on my delivery some more." - Robert Murphy
    Class act - good sense of humor.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by brushfire View Post
    Class act - good sense of humor.
    Seconded.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I didn't read through the entire thread, so sorry if this is a repeat.

This story is now on Drudge!!!!

About time Matt threw us a bone.....
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

For the newbies: Ron Paul floated Jim Grant's name as someone he'd consider for Treasury Sec.

bump for video and transcript.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Well, when you have the financial obligations through entitlments that we have, printing and inflation does get us out of the mess for awhile.....which is why they want to use this method. It prolongs the battle, but then when these jokers are out the can blame whomever picks up the hot potato later.

To me this is why the want Romney as the GOP ticket. The repb's know they're going to loose and can blame the Dems if the $hit hits the fan in the next 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by rdhall View Post
    This is one for the ages! Krugman actually thinks we need to push inflation higher and inflate our way our of this mess! Wow!

http://youtu.be/jEmKIRqz9AI

Dr. Paul spanked the prof. I can imagine what he would do to Obama.

RP v Krugman (vid)

Some moments of lol and facepalm here. Ron was not on top of his game and missed some opportunities...but not bad overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm not sure many people understood what Dr Paul was saying in this segment. Krugman should have understood it, but he didn't seem to, or maybe he was playing dumb.

http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/04/ron...th-transcript/
    “I want to legalize competition. There’s legal competition on currencies around the world, so why can’t we allow ourselves here the legal competition over gold or silver standard? Why is the Fed so frightened of this? If I’m wrong, who cares? If I’m right — if you want the paper money and I’m wrong, it doesn’t hurt anybody. Just allow me to legalize the currency, get rid of the monopoly, take the taxes off gold and silver and get rid of the sales tax and capital gains tax — don’t hide behind a monopoly. People today if they use gold and silver, you can go to jail.
    Dr Paul wants to make it so you don't have to pay capital gains taxes on gold sales. Actually it's even worse than that as you have to pay a federal collectibles tax of 28% on gold "profits", but the capital gains tax is currently only 15%.

Currently if you want to store your money in gold to preserve purchasing power, then when you finally want to spend the money the gold represents, you have to pay tax on the "gain", even if it's only an inflationary, and therefore not a real gain.

Daniel Amerman probably explains it better:

Inflation & Hidden Gold Taxation: 3 Historical Case Studies
    http://danielamerman.com/articles/2012/GoldHisC.html

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    Wow...just wow!

Paul Krugman is an absolute idiot. Almost everything he said was a lie or an untruth. Try and use gold or silver to buy something you crook and see what happens. Why are those on the Left pro-choice on nothing but abortion???

This guy is the Left's go to economic man??? LMFAO

the good thing about Krugman is he makes me feel smarter
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    with the depth of knowledge that Dr.Paul has about these issues, i think he could debate shills like Krugman while sleeping !

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Of course it is. And on very short notice. I am certain KRUGMAN knew it was coming much longer. I hope Ron at least has some time to prepare today. He has been doing rallies and probably isn't as up on the latest directions.

I pick Tyler Durden (the zerohedge one, no offense) to prep him.
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

Ron delivered an ass kicking to that Fed shill on CNBC Squawk Box the other morning so Krugman got trotted out to do damage control. Krugman didn't do so well. Bloomberg isn't watched by rank-and-file voters so those watching generally knew who won. Whether they're willing to give up their piece of the pie is a different story...
    Last edited by devil21; 05-01-2012 at 02:49 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

with the depth of knowledge that Dr.Paul has about these issues, i think he could debate shills like Krugman while sleeping !
    Not sure Carol would appreciate that.

Krugman starts with a strawman....then it goes downhill from there. All they talked about was going back a thousand years.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567