Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman on Bloomberg TV 4/30/12 (Video and transcript added)

Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman on Bloomberg TV 4/30/12 (Video and transcript added)

update:

Part 1 - Ron Paul vs. Paul Krugman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEmKIRqz9AI

Part 2 - Ron Paul solo interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR6P9XSlTOk

Transcript included here: http://www.valuewalk.com/2012/04/ron...th-transcript/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://twitter.com/#!/jakebeckman/s...61841329606656

Jake Beckman @jakebeckman
    Paul Krugman will guest host two hours of @BloombergTV from 3-5pm ET. He'll speak to Ron Paul at 4pm - don't miss Paul vs. Paul.
    Live stream:
    http://www.bloomberg.com/tv/
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-30-2012 at 08:47 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That should be interesting to say the least.

I am looking forward to this as well, but who but us will be watching?

Prepare to see Krugman try to dazzle with bull$#@!.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Looking forward to a video update.

I wonder if he is going to try and trap Ron.

FYI, Krugman is doing an AMA(AskMeAnything) on reddit tomorrow. Be sure to give him tough questions too.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    I wonder if he is going to try and trap Ron.

FYI, Krugman is doing an AMA(AskMeAnything) on reddit tomorrow. Be sure to give him tough questions too.
    It's definitely an ambush. Krugman is one of the biggest central bank shills out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inflation View Post
    Doctor Paul has cracked the internet codes; he runs these tubes.

Krugman is a shill, not an economist any more, if he ever was one.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFever View Post
    It's definitely an ambush. Krugman is one of the biggest central bank shills out there.
    Of course it is. And on very short notice. I am certain KRUGMAN knew it was coming much longer. I hope Ron at least has some time to prepare today. He has been doing rallies and probably isn't as up on the latest directions.

I pick Tyler Durden (the zerohedge one, no offense) to prep him.

Someone tube plz! I am at work!
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Of course it is. And on very short notice. I am certain KRUGMAN knew it was coming much longer. I hope Ron at least has some time to prepare today. He has been doing rallies and probably isn't as up on the latest directions.

At the very least it would be nice of Paul to mention the debate challenge for charity put forth by that austrian economist.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    At the very least it would be nice of Paul to mention the debate challenge for charity put forth by that austrian economist.
    They are planning on asking him about that on reddit tomorrow. Will be interesting to see if he responds or ignores it.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    does he know about it? He's been busy. Maybe someone should suggest it to the campaign in the suggestion box.

AA
    Last edited by aaroche26; 08-27-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Awesome. I clicked on a thread the other day with a baited title that said "Video - Ron Paul vs Paul Krugman" and was disappointed to find out it was just an ad for an economics book (albeit a good one from what I hear).

He may not be up on the latest market moves, but economic principle does not change from day to day. He has heard all their arguments a million times and can pick apart any of them. I'm sure he will handle him just fine.

I am looking forward to this as well, but who but us will be watching?

Prepare to see Krugman try to dazzle with bull$#@!.
    BLoomberg? When I worked on a trading floor, it was on the TV all day for the traders to keep an eye on.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    BLoomberg? When I worked on a trading floor, it was on the TV all day for the traders to keep an eye on.
    I meant in terms of voters, not traders, but I'm sure you are right. I remember they cheered Ron in one of the finance hearings when he was pulling Bernanke up short. This is an interesting turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    When I worked IT on the floor of the CME Bloomberg was all they watched. Interestingly, when I did the same job at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors (shudder all you want, I still do, I quit that place on principle after 4 months) CNBC was all they watched.

Krugman is Neo-Con extraordinaire and wears it on his sleeve with pride.

He never has anything good to say about or to Ron Paul.

Expect him to highlight Ron Paul's stance against attacking Iran.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Haha this is really happening? It could be extraordinarily fun.

Krugman has a typically idiotic feature in yesterday's New York Times magazine. Disgusting that the NYT is trying to expand this banker whore's base beyond their editorial pages. Of course the business editor also wrote a piece in praise of central banks yesterday as well.

Krugman's piece is patronizingly entitled "Earth to Ben Bernanke".

So many people get excited about sports and the Superbowl (I don't). But this is like the Superbowl to me. This is going to be awesome.

Kruggy's gonna say that there was a momentary spike in commodity prices last year that the goldbugs frantically pointed to as "proof of coming hyperinflation" but then those prices settled down.

Hopefully RP points out that the Fed's inflation figures exclude energy and food, while using "hedonics" to make all technological advances appear deflationary (i.e. when a new iPhone with more features comes to market at the same price as the previous model, the Fed considers that deflationary), and pointing out that 25% of CPI is "owner's equivalent rent", an unscientific number that has also appeared deflationary due to the bursting of the housing bubble which the Fed itself created.

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Kruggy's gonna say that there was a momentary spike in commodity prices last year that the goldbugs frantically pointed to as "proof of coming hyperinflation" but then those prices settled down.

Hopefully RP points out that the Fed's inflation figures exclude energy and food, while using "hedonics" to make all technological advances appear deflationary (i.e. when a new iPhone with more features comes to market at the same price as the previous model, the Fed considers that deflationary), and pointing out that 25% of CPI is "owner's equivalent rent", an unscientific number that has also appeared deflationary due to the bursting of the housing bubble which the Fed itself created.
    "Ron Paul supporters are stupid." - Mark Levin

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    <quote text removed by admin>

I was thinking the same, wondering why Krugman would avoid Murphy, while taking on Paul.
    I think the last time Dr Paul hosted a financial show, he was very polite - he probably gave an impression that he would be passive with Krugman?
    Last edited by brushfire; 04-30-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post

I started a new thread on this debate in the Campaign suggestion box. Will those who have been tracking this and Krugman closely please put suggestions there? Lack of time has to be a factor in what Ron will anticipate. He does regularly address gaps in the CPI definition though.

Should be interesting.
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by militant View Post
    When I worked IT on the floor of the CME Bloomberg was all they watched. Interestingly, when I did the same job at the Federal Reserve Board of Governors (shudder all you want, I still do, I quit that place on principle after 4 months) CNBC was all they watched.
    don't blame yourself, I learned the same lesson doing gov't subcontracting, on about the same schedule

I do not see any good coming from this.

This is a setup from the establishment. We are not immune to blowback when we beat their candidate.

When Ron Paul was rising just before the Iowa primaries they came out swinging...hard.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Is Ron really going to be on?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast