Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Video] Steve Forbes says Ron Paul is Right about Monetary Policy

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He wouldn't have a job for very long

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Saying he essentially sold out his principles by endorsing Perry is disingenuous. He may have sold out YOUR principles, but not his own.
    If he was "supporting" liberty-minded individuals in the past and instead endorsed Perry, he had no principles to begin with.

Ron Paul should be retired already. Don't know how much more people expect from this man.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    If he was "supporting" liberty-minded individuals in the past and instead endorsed Perry, he had no principles to begin with.
    On the surface, Perry looks pretty good. I doubt Forbes looked very deep as this forum does. Even with his issues, I would prefer Perry to Gingrich/Romney/Santorum easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    Actually the master plan is to have Romney at the helm so he can liquidate America when it goes bankrupt.
    Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    On the surface, Perry looks pretty good. I doubt Forbes looked very deep as this forum does. Even with his issues, I would prefer Perry to Gingrich/Romney/Santorum easily.
    So that just proves how lazy he is (I'm assuming he donated money to his campaign as well). And again, if Forbes was supposedly libertarian-lite, why go for Perry when Paul was in the race all along?

The point was that not everyone has to follow lockstep with us, 100% of the time on 100% of the issues to be a decent guy. Believing that everyone has to be "pure" is cult like.
    He is a ZERO on the issue of drug decriminalization:

Drugs are designed to dull our moral integrity. (Nov 1999)
    Legalization makes America safe for Colombian drug cartels. (Nov 1999)
    Avoid violating rights, but fight drugs more vigorously. (Jul 1999)
    No medicinal marijuana - create synthetics instead. (May 1999)
    Tolerating drugs implies abandoning children. (May 1999)
    Societal self-help is like 1820s Temperance Movement. (Nov 1995)

http://www.issues2000.org/Celeb/Steve_Forbes_Drugs.htm
    This implies he will also,

A) Fail to protect our civil rights - the main casualty of the drug war

B) Favor professional licensing - doctors as state-approved gatekeepers

C) Continue the failures of the FDA and the abuses of big pharma and medicinal patents
    (e.g., "More Rx support, to avoid cross-border drug buying." - protect BIG pharma)

D) Favor the large, intrusive police state and its perpetual necessity

On January 28, 2010 he formally endorsed Marco Rubio, Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in the State of Florida.[21]

He endorsed incumbent U.S. Senator John McCain, Republican of the State of Arizona for re-election in 2010.[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_F...ments_for_2010
    He is a pro-intervention, big military guy.

Now, I understand and like Steve Forbes and wish he was our choice in 1996 (over Dole). I was excited about a long shot candidate who was an improvement over the others. Given the possiblity of Ron Paul, a metric $#@! load improvement over every other person on the big stages, Steve Forbes did not support him.

It is not pettiness that makes me dislike Forbes (e.g., "I supported Forbes but Forbes didn't support Ron Paul.") rather I am judging his character by the immoral act of endorsing Rick Perry over Ron Paul. Imagine the straight-laced Steve Forbes giving all his opinions about small government and freedom and empowering the individual. The Rick Perry endorsement is when he bursts out laughing and says, "$#@! you all - I was just kidding!".

Anybody who believes in just half of what Forbes has claimed, would have been a Ron Paul supporter. This isn't about 100%! It is about a sub-70% failing grade. Steve Forbes isn't close and I see zero point in having kind words about him.
    Last edited by The Free Hornet; 04-30-2012 at 05:18 PM.

No co-option, but there is a broader and longer standing libertarian conservative movement that has been in existence prior to the Paul campaign. I have stated that since day one of my being on here. The Ron Paul segment of the movement, as defined by this very forum exists for the purpose of getting Paul the nomination. You have stated that yourself many times, that the purpose of the forum is to work towards getting Paul nominated. The broader movement is the one that exists outside of this sole race and is working to elect Amash, Massie, Bradley and others and the very same movement that was there for Buchanan, Sanford, Benson, Johnson, Weld and others throughout the years.
    William Weld? I thought he was more of a Rockefeller Republican. What makes him a libertarian conservative other than the fact that he is a social liberal? If that's all it takes to be supported by the RLC, then I guess Rudy Guiliani is a "libertarian-conservative" as well.

Perhaps Forbes should buy a clue. It appears that he hasn't heard Ron Paul's call to END THE FED!
    Last edited by Paul Revered; 04-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Forbes is a good guy. While he did endorse Perry this year, keep in mind that he endorsed Rand, Amash and Schiff in 2010.
    I actually supported Forbes back in 1996. He has a better grasp on the issues than most politicians.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    So that just proves how lazy he is (I'm assuming he donated money to his campaign as well). And again, if Forbes was supposedly libertarian-lite, why go for Perry when Paul was in the race all along?
    Why did the Tea Party pass on Ron Paul if they were anti-bailout and anti-Obamacare? Yet they supported candidates, Newt, Herman, Perry and Mitt, who supported the bailouts and the national healthcare mandate.

Most people don't vote for something. They vote against something or someone. So the question becomes with Forbes, what is it about Ron Paul is he against? We already know for most Republicans it is their misperception of Ron's foreign policy.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Put your money where you mouth is Steve. We could use another Theil.

Seriously, we need somebody in the ranks with campaign contribution calling SKILLS to stick it to Mr. Forbes. A 100k or better large contribution from Steve would not only be $$$,$$$ in the bank... but would also come across as a huge endorsement.

presence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12