Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Steve Forbes says Ron Paul is Right about Monetary Policy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[Video] Steve Forbes says Ron Paul is Right about Monetary Policy

More Ron Pauling of the Monetary Policy. Spread it!

"You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Steve Forbes can kiss my ass. Ron Paul is running for President, not chairman of the thing that should not be.
    In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Mayor Bloomberg said something similar right before the NY Primary.

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...kins-Bloomberg
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

translation: We really need a sound money guy to be in charge when we crash this thing. We can spin that into another 100 years of monetary control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    translation: We really need a sound money guy to be in charge when we crash this thing.
    Actually the master plan is to have Romney at the helm so he can liquidate America when it goes bankrupt.
    Last edited by Constitutional Paulicy; 04-30-2012 at 08:10 AM.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    Actually the master plan is to have Romney at the helm so he can liquidate America when it goes bankrupt.
    Classic.

Wish Steve had the conviction to push the issue when it mattered instead of supporting Rick Perry in exchange for support of his flat tax agenda.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Forbes is a good guy. While he did endorse Perry this year, keep in mind that he endorsed Rand, Amash and Schiff in 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Forbes is a good guy. While he did endorse Perry this year, keep in mind that he endorsed Rand, Amash and Schiff in 2010.
    Not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by NIU Students for Liberty View Post
    Not good enough
    Oh that's right, unless someone is 100% on our side, 100% of the time they are the enemy. Sorry I forgot the mantra. I'll immediately submit myself for re-education.

Oh that's right, unless someone is 100% on our side, 100% of the time they are the enemy. Sorry I forgot the mantra. I'll immediately submit myself for re-education.
    If his principles go with Ron Rand and Schiff, he had no principled basis for supporting Perry.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If his principles go with Ron Rand and Schiff, he had no principled basis for supporting Perry.
    Yes, yes I apologize. I forgot that we have one way of thinking here. As my penance, I will listen to 40 hours of Alex Jones broadcasts and write and essay detailing the evils of anyone who ever voted contrary to the way Ron Paul has.

Perhaps Forbes should buy a clue. It appears that he hasn't heard Ron Paul's call to END THE FED!
    Last edited by Paul Revered; 04-30-2012 at 05:26 PM.

not presidential level.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I actually supported Forbes back in 1996. He has a better grasp on the issues than most politicians.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Steve Forbes: Ron Paul Should Be Chairman of the Fed

As President, I'm sure he will appoint a suitable Chairman to shut it down.

He wouldn't have a job for very long

Ron Paul should be retired already. Don't know how much more people expect from this man.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Put your money where you mouth is Steve. We could use another Theil.

Seriously, we need somebody in the ranks with campaign contribution calling SKILLS to stick it to Mr. Forbes. A 100k or better large contribution from Steve would not only be $$$,$$$ in the bank... but would also come across as a huge endorsement.

presence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Disagreement is rampant, insults and mocking are not ok.

Disagreement is rampant, insults and mocking are not ok.
    The point was that not everyone has to follow lockstep with us, 100% of the time on 100% of the issues to be a decent guy. Believing that everyone has to be "pure" is cult like.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The point was that not everyone has to follow lockstep with us, 100% of the time on 100% of the issues to be a decent guy. Believing that everyone has to be "pure" is cult like.
    Actually, I'd say that having principles, but sacrificing them to rally around a guy your views are diametrically opposed to, purely for the sake of "Anyone but Obama" and not because he stands for your principles, is pretty freaking cult-like. This is a principled movement bigger than Dr. Paul, while people who rally around Romney could be considered a cult of personality (or ratehr a cult against personality, to where they'll sacrifice every last ideal just to have a chance to beat Obama).

You're really starting to go overboard in your rudeness, but remain remarkably consistent in unfairly painting a broad brush about a movement you're supposedly a part of.
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 04-30-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

"cult like" is insulting.

They all take an oath to follow the Constitution. They all should follow it. If that is too pure for you, I wonder why you are here. Again.

"cult like" is insulting.

They all take an oath to follow the Constitution. They all should follow it. If that is too pure for you, I wonder why you are here. Again.
    Forbes is NOT an elected official. He was the choice of many libertarians when he ran in 96 and in 00. There are many, many issues that libertarians would agree with him on particularly economically. However, it seems there is a tendency here to dismiss anyone and everyone who does not follow lock step with a certain ideology, and believe that they are all "enemies of liberty" if they dare divert from the charted course. It shows an intolerance, that honestly, one would see more so among far left wing ideologues than you do among libertarians and conservatives.

Forbes is NOT an elected official. He was the choice of many libertarians when he ran in 96 and in 00. There are many, many issues that libertarians would agree with him on particularly economically. However, it seems there is a tendency here to dismiss anyone and everyone who does not follow lock step with a certain ideology, and believe that they are all "enemies of liberty" if they dare divert from the charted course. It shows an intolerance, that honestly, one would see more so among far left wing ideologues than you do among libertarians and conservatives.
    Stop being hyperbolic... We don't like that he's sacrificing his principles by supporting Romney. No one is making the claims that you're putting in our mouths, and you're being unnecessarily negative about us simply not liking that republicans are rallying behind Romney, despite the fact they probably don't even like what he stands for (whatever that might be this particular week).

(Edit: Sorry, Perry, same freaking difference)
    Last edited by TheGrinch; 04-30-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    Stop being hyperbolic... We don't like that he's sacrificing his principles by supporting Romney. No one is making the claims that you're putting in our mouths, and you're being unnecessarily negative about us simply not liking that republicans are rallying behind Romney, despite the fact they probably don't even like what he stands for (whatever that might be this particular week).
    Actually, the reference was concerning Forbes' endorsement of Perry. My point was that even though he endorsed Perry this year, he has supported libertarians in the past, very enthusiastically in fact. The man is a decent guy, was all I was saying. But of course, there are some here that can't handle that, and feel the need to put down everyone who shows the slight bit of variance from purity. That way of thinking is not what the greater libertarian conservative movement has been about, but it appears more and more as the Ron Paul segment of the movement solidifies itself, it becomes more and more exclusionary. Hell mosey over the the Rand forum and look how some of the dedicated Ron Paul supporters bash Rand.

Actually, the reference was concerning Forbes' endorsement of Perry. My point was that even though he endorsed Perry this year, he has supported libertarians in the past, very enthusiastically in fact. The man is a decent guy, was all I was saying. But of course, there are some here that can't handle that, and feel the need to put down everyone who shows the slight bit of variance from purity. That way of thinking is not what the greater libertarian conservative movement has been about, but it appears more and more as the Ron Paul segment of the movement solidifies itself, it becomes more and more exclusionary. Hell mosey over the the Rand forum and look how some of the dedicated Ron Paul supporters bash Rand.
    seems to me you are the one rife with put downs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast