Thread: Ron Paul revolution hits the Bay State-(Politico.com)

Ron Paul revolution hits the Bay State-(Politico.com)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-...te-122024.html

"When Massachusetts Republicans went to their caucuses on Saturday, many didn’t vote for Mitt Romney’s picks.

Instead, they went for Ron Paul.

Less than half of Romney’s 27 chosen delegates won, and the losers included some notable Massachusetts Republicans - including Kerry Healey, the former lieutenant governor, and the House minority leader, Bradley H. Jones Jr., according to two Republican State Committee members who did not want to be named. Even some prominent alternate delegates lost - including 2010 gubernatorial candidate Charles D. Baker and Sheriff Frank G. Cousins Jr., the Republicans said."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Activist revolt? Nice.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

The fact that in Mass we were able to get as much support as we did is truly legendary. If someone woulda told me that we were gonna snag damn near half the delegates in freakin Mass I woulda thought they were crazy. Hopefully, us Michiganders can pull off something similar.

Good. I tweeted the results (also Louisiana) to Maggie whomever at Politico over the weekend.... Not that that is why it was picked up, but if a BUNCH of people did it it couldn't have hurt....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Blog section again. The mainstream republicans won't hear of this.
    “The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.”
    - Albert Einstein
    "I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman

The delegates are pledged to vote for Romney anyway, but it's still striking to see the Paul-infused grassroots rejecting the GOP's last two gubernatorial nominees -- Healey and Baker -- and a prominent Romney surrogate like Jones, in the presumptive presidential nominee's home state. While Paul's campaign has fallen well short of its hopes in 2012, his supporters continue to prove they can have an outsized impact in small, activist-dominated settings like this one.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

We will Tweet them to death. They WILL hear.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    The fact that in Mass we were able to get as much support as we did is truly legendary. If someone woulda told me that we were gonna snag damn near half the delegates in freakin Mass I woulda thought they were crazy. Hopefully, us Michiganders can pull off something similar.
    I was shocked as well

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    EDIT: heh.
    Last edited by hazek; 04-30-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right, tend to be unwilling or unable to accept blame )