Thread: MD - Pro-cop attorney gets SWAT raid for teen aged son's graffitti.

Exclamation MD - Pro-cop attorney gets SWAT raid for teen aged son's graffitti.

Even when getting abused, they still support it and want more.

Graffiti Problem … So Call in the SWAT Team!?

Posted by Tim Lynch

25 April 2012

http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/graff...the-swat-team/

From today’s Washington Post:

Hethmon had an up-close and unpleasant experience with the same kind of local police he had done so much to empower.The problem began with graffiti on a highway overpass in Bowie. Police there suspected that Hethmon’s teenage son might be involved and obtained a search warrant. They arrived at 7 a.m. on March 9 with a heavily armed team of county officers.

“Come in with masks, guns, screaming. You know, knocking everybody down,” Hethmon recalled. “I tried to explain to them, you know: ‘Look, I’m a lawyer, this is outrageous.’ [The reply was:] ‘Shut up and lie down on the floor.’ ”

Police said they found 2.5 grams of marijuana in the house. They filed charges against Hethmon, his son and his wife — all for the same drugs. The charges against Hethmon will be dropped, prosecutors said last week.

Hethmon said the experience has not changed his work.

“The fact that a law is legitimate and serving a purpose doesn’t mean that it can’t be abused,” he said. “Human beings are flawed people.”

And so, for the lesser-known of this duo, there has been a personal test. After he did so much to place greater trust in local police officers nationwide, police in Prince George’s County sent a SWAT team to his house to look for . . . spray paint.

It would be comical if it were not so serious. Once the paramilitary unit arrives, heavy-handed methods are often employed to ensure ‘officer safety,’ i.e. break windows to distract occupants from the doorway and flashbang grenades. The militarization of police tactics is out of control, but policymakers do nothing focus on expanding the power of the government.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe "pro authority" lawyer would be more correct.

He is in favor of "self deportation" for immigrants.

I'm not quite sure what the logic of this is, other than an offshoot of "They hate us for our freedoms, so we'll eliminate all freedom."

Make life so miserable nobody will want to stay, I guess is the logic here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...heT_story.html

Lawyers are part-n-parcel of the "just-us" system..........cops in a suit and a tad more book-learnin'.

You want to say a case of justice being done, but the idiots sign up for more abuse.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Maybe "pro authority" lawyer would be more correct.

He is in favor of "self deportation" for immigrants.

I'm not quite sure what the logic of this is, other than an offshoot of "They hate us for our freedoms, so we'll eliminate all freedom."

Make life so miserable nobody will want to stay, I guess is the logic here.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...heT_story.html
    But they don't want us to leave either (see: No passports for people who "owe" money to the IRS).

Also, note that Hethmon, as an attorney, wants to be seen as part of the higher class. "I'm a lawyer! This is outrageous! Mi mi mi!!!" Suck it!
    Last edited by Philhelm; 04-27-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    But they don't want us to leave either (see: No passports for people who "owe" money to the IRS).

Also, note that Hethmon, as an attorney, wants to be seen as part of the higher class. "I'm a lawyer! This is outrageous! Mi mi mi!!!" Suck it!
    Cops.

Cop's friends and families.

Scumbags.

That is the only hierarchal pecking order anybody needs to know.

Replies: 5
    Views: 141
    Cheerleader squad is absent.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.