Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Obama Administration Seeks National Ban on Cell Phone Use While Driving

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Hmmmm....so things that might distract drivers and hence cause a wreck should be illegal.

Yep , Cross Country, tennis are cancelled this season .

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    State issue, not a federal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Would you then be in the camp which says it should be OK to drive drunk? .
    i lived in that world. It didn't suck nearly as badly as this world does.

The joys of living in a college town during the summer

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    As did I, although driving drunk was never allowed. It you were swerving or speeding and the Police observed this, you were pulled over, and then people went to the drunk tank.

But gone are the days where the adults were drinking beer from an ice chest while driving on a trip with a load of kids in the back of the van with no seat belts. God forbid, how did we all survive?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Nixon did the 55 mph speed limit not as a federal law, but as a condition for states to receive their own revenues back from the federal fuels tax--just to avoid the question of whether it's Constitutional for the federal government to even address such an issue coming up and taking his little speed limit to the Supreme Court.

Guess Obama's a little more reckless than that. Still comes down to the same thing, though--how is talking on a cell phone while driving in the middle of Nebraska just as dangerous as talking on one while driving in Manhattan?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    God forbid, how did we all survive?
    Well, we didn't all survive.

Let that be a lesson to you: Behave, be careful and be good or the liberals will use you as an excuse to strip our posterity of their liberty.

And is the loss of three or four complete morons a good enough reason for tyranny? Ah, if only you could get the voters to ask that question at the time the law is being debated...
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-30-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    That.

Where's the bill that removes this capability ?
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

We live in a society of people close together. We need to have some rules to allow things to work and people to get along. Do some rules go to far? Certainly.

Just a curious question for you and Presence. If you or a member of your family was to be injured and your car totaled by a drunk driver (or one on their cell phone and not paying attention) would you shrug it off and say "Oh well, at least somebody was out there exercising their freeedom to drive under the influence (or use their phone)!", pay your thousands in bills for it and move on?
    I would sue for damages, and if clearly negligent, punitive damages.
    Add, I would petition for vehicular assault charges to be filed.

Without violence or theft there is no crime.

This is the meaning of liberty.

Zippy, your phrase "by a drunk driver" says it all. Contrary to what you may believe, it isn't the word "drunk" in that phrase which is most important, it is the word "by".

When I am injured BY someone; anyone, THEN a crime has been committed.

It doesn't matter if you follow the word by with "cell phone user" "drunk" "fat person" "woman" "black" "hispanic" "white supremacist"

BY is the crime.

One person has violated another's liberty. I don't care what GROUP that person belongs to. I care about individual actors.

presence

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Hmmmm....so things that might distract drivers and hence cause a wreck should be illegal.

What were we talking about again?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by rockerrockstar View Post
    We should make a new law that makes it so that there is constitutional advisers setting in at the house and senate to tell them if they are breaking the constitution when laws are proposed. We need a more proactive approach to protecting our rights. Probably have one advice the Presidents. Then report any violations of laws passed that are in breach to the Supreme Court for review.
    now there's a thought...well said! If we are to go about adding laws I think they should all be directed at those in office.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Grey View Post
    State issue, not a federal one.
    Wins Thread!

And just as acptulsa said, it also isnt an excuse to Blackmail States into submission.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Well, Lahood just banned handheld cell phone use in big trucks. I guess the rest of the motoring public is next. I'm just waiting till 4 wheelers have to fill out log books. Maybe that would wake people up...
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Well, Lahood just banned handheld cell phone use in big trucks. I guess the rest of the motoring public is next. I'm just waiting till 4 wheelers have to fill out log books. Maybe that would wake people up...
    I keep trying to tell 'em that all this stuff falls on the political "minorities" first, those small, last holdouts of independent living, that are easily squashed.

Truckers, pilots, seamen, ranchers, family farmers, hell, the feds have been treating commercial fishermen like lab rats for 30 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Almost forgot...

Paper swindle sheets won't be needed.

The new computer cars track your every move already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123