Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jim Bunning Says He Regrets Endorsing Rand

Jim Bunning Says He Regrets Endorsing Rand

Wonder what Bunning or Davis is going to say next? They are really trying to drive a wedge in between themselves and northern Ky tea partiers, it seems...

Bunning says he regrets endorsing Rand Paul We were sad that former Sen. Jim Bunning didn’t say anything controversial in his endorsement of Alecia Webb-Edgington for Congress this week, but apparently we missed this gem from Scott Wartman’s article:

Bunning said he’s more careful about his endorsements after he endorsed U.S. Sen. Rand Paul in the U.S. Senate race in 2010.

“I endorsed in the U.S. Senate race,” Bunning said. “I took the lesser of two evils there. One person didn’t tell me the truth, and the other person I wasn’t sure what he would do when he got there. He’s disappointed me since he’s got there.”

That a boy, Jimbo.

When Rand Paul said he was going to be “closely watching” the behavior of others when deciding if he endorses Thomas Massie in this race, we were wondering who he was talking about, but that Bunning quote might give us an idea.

And speaking about that possible endorsement, check out this campaign event up on Massie’s campaign for next Monday in Boone County: “Thomas Massie at League of Kentucky Property Owners with Rand Paul.”

Let the KY GOP food fight commence?

h ttp://fatlip.leoweekly.com/2012/04/25/bunning-says-he-regrets-endorsing-rand-paul/
    Last edited by jct74; 06-07-2013 at 08:36 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How on earth has Rand disappointed him?
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Man...who knows? It's just a bizarre statement.

I don't know. But their disappointment makes me feel better about Rand.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Bunning Regrets Endorsing Paul

by PHILLIP M. BAILEY on APRIL 25, 2012

Calling it the lesser of two evils, former U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning surprised political observers when he said he regreted endorsing Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., in the 2010 Senate race.

The surly baseball Hall of Famer recently gave a nod to state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington to succeed retiring Congressman Geoff Davis, but indicated he’s been more tepid since backing Paul two years ago.

From Cincinnati Inquirer (h/t FatLip):

“I endorsed in the U.S. Senate race,” Bunning said. “I took the lesser of two evils there. One person didn’t tell me the truth, and the other person I wasn’t sure what he would do when he got there. He’s disappointed me since he’s got there.”

Ouch!

One can assume that the days of Bunning being Paul’s role model have ended.
    http://www.wfpl.org/2012/04/25/bunni...News+Stream%29

One has to wonder why Rand Paul has surrounded himself with former Bunning staffers.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

I hope Rand realizes not to listen to Bunning Staffers.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    By not capitulating to the elite of course and for supporting the Constitution and his constituents over the international bankers.

And for not paying homage to Israel by traveling there and donning a funny hat and pretending to be Jewish.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    One has to wonder why Rand Paul has surrounded himself with former Bunning staffers.
    Perhaps because they can get him access to people who would otherwise not see him?

Connections and networks are important in politics, which is why I'll never be involved in it because I have no connections nor any type of social network.

And no I don't think RPF really counts, sorry guys I like you but I really don't know you
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

i thought RAND PAUL was doing rather well in the senate.
    maybe JIM BUNNING is trying to join ole mitch mcconnell
    up on gov. mitt romney's rolling bandwagon and this all is
    his way of really making jack conway's & trey grayson's day

I see this as positive. Bunning is/was part of the problem. Bunning being upset at Rand means we're headed in the right direction with Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    By not capitulating to the elite of course and for supporting the Constitution and his constituents over the international bankers.

And for not paying homage to Israel by traveling there and donning a funny hat and pretending to be Jewish.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to WilliamC again.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Perhaps because they can get him access to people who would otherwise not see him?
    Who would not see a United States Senator? One seems more interested in blocking liberty types from Rand, than connecting him to people.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Connections and networks are important in politics, which is why I'll never be involved in it because I have no connections nor any type of social network.

And no I don't think RPF really counts, sorry guys I like you but I really don't know you
    Uh, no. Bunning's staffers are useless.

Bizarre comments by Bunning. If Greyson had been elected he would be busying himself with shining his nameplate and Mitch's shoes. Meanwhile, Rand had been kicking butt! I could hardly be more pleased.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Uh, no. Bunning's staffers are useless.
    I have no specific knowledge of any of these people, I was speaking from the general impression that any new Senator or Congressman tends to inherit staff from their predecessor who know 'the system'.

Of course this might be a problem in and of itself, but I can see the benefit of having people who know how to actually get things done effeciently, as opposed to bringing in an entirely novice staff with no DC experience who could be very ineffective at getting Rand Paul the contacts and meetings he needs on a timely basis.

Of course as soon as possible replace any 'bad' staff (those who aren't actively working towards Rand Paul's goals for their own reasons) with 'good' staff who are 100% behind Rand Paul would be a logical course of action also.

If you put Bunning's statement in the context of what he was doing at the time (endorsing Alecia), I can only conclude that Rand has disappointed him on war issues. And on that note, I say GOOD.

Knowing Bunning, he probably hasn't been making enough public anti-McConnell statements.

So disappointed is he that he can't say why. What a clever politician!

The dinosaurs of both parties that led us into the messes we are in today all need to go, along with the influence they have.
    Last edited by Bruno; 04-27-2012 at 06:49 AM.

1 year on...

Now that Rand has kissed the rings so to speak perhaps Bunning would be happy with who he supported

This was a while ago when Thomas was running for Congress. Bunning and Davis went all in for the big-government authoritarian Webb-Edgington. Huge disappointment.

I'm confused on your position. Given that Dr. Paul did travel to Israel and did wear the traditional headwear, are you saying that this did, or did not, pay homage to Israel?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a current article about the upside of McConnell stepping aside:

http://www.redstate.com/2013/05/28/m...nings-revenge/

The article reeks of Rand didn't "return the favor" to Bunning, perhaps relating to endorsing a candidate in the Massie race

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I'm confused on your position. Given that Dr. Paul did travel to Israel and did wear the traditional headwear, are you saying that this did, or did not, pay homage to Israel?
    He made that post before Rand travelled to Israel.

Um he did go to israel and wear a funny hat and placed his hand on the wailing wall....sheesh...

Quote Originally Posted by NationalAnarchist View Post
    Um he did go to israel and wear a funny hat and placed his hand on the wailing wall....sheesh...
    While telling them that he did not advocate giving one dime of foreign aid to anyone, including Israel.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast