Thread: Ron Paul wants war with Iran?

Ron Paul wants war with Iran?

I know Ron Paul doesn't want war and not even sanctions, but does anyone know why someone would argue that Ron Paul really wants war with Iran?

I was canvassing and pointed out that Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war. The other person then vehemently stated that Ron Paul only voted against the Iraq war because he wanted to invade Iran instead. I pointed out that Ron Paul was the only one in the debates that didn't want a pre-emptive Iran war and spoke out against the sanctions, but the guy just kept going on.

Can anyone think of why this person would say that?

I suppose more context is this guy says he studied and teaches Constitutional law, so I would lose any debate with him. And that I was a fool for shilling for someone that I probably can't agree with 100% especially that I'm a young, not-wealthy, non-caucasian. He initially came up to me because I was saying that I'm voting for Peace and supporting Ron Paul.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have seen nothing which could possibly even suggest that Ron Paul ever wanted to go to war against Iran or any other country for that matter. If that is indeed what your friend believes, there is nothing you could say or show to him to convince him otherwise. Perhaps you could ask him to provide evidence to support his side.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 04-25-2012 at 12:43 PM.

Because he was lying and has a hidden agenda.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Yes, if by "wanted to invade Iran instead" he means wants to bring all of our troops home and mind our own business.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

The only way I can see Ron Paul wanting us to invade Iran is so Ron Paul can say I told you so when things go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by harikaried View Post
    this guy says he studied and teaches Constitutional law, so I would lose any debate with him.
    People are stupid and people lie. Sometimes it seems like one when in reality it is the other. This guy, is one of those people.
    E che sospiri la libertà!

Must be using Custer logic.

CPT Jack. R. T.
    US Army Resigned - Iraq Vet.
    Level III MACP instructor, USYKA/WYKKO sensei
    Professional Hunter/Trapper/Country living survivalist.

I know Ron Paul doesn't want war and not even sanctions, but does anyone know why someone would argue that Ron Paul really wants war with Iran?

I was canvassing and pointed out that Ron Paul voted against the Iraq war. The other person then vehemently stated that Ron Paul only voted against the Iraq war because he wanted to invade Iran instead. I pointed out that Ron Paul was the only one in the debates that didn't want a pre-emptive Iran war and spoke out against the sanctions, but the guy just kept going on.

I suppose more context is this guy says he studied and teaches Constitutional law, so I would lose any debate with him. And that I was a fool for shilling for someone that I probably can't agree with 100% especially that I'm a young, not-wealthy, non-caucasian. He initially came up to me because I was saying that I'm voting for Peace and supporting Ron Paul.
    Why don't you ask him why he thinks that, and if applicable ask for a source. No amount of credentials can possibly qualify him to make such a claim unless he has a source to back it up.
    Last edited by Sam I am; 04-25-2012 at 01:38 PM.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The other person then vehemently stated that Ron Paul only voted against the Iraq war because he wanted to invade Iran instead.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Quote Originally Posted by Aurave View Post
    People are stupid and people lie. Sometimes it seems like one when in reality it is the other. This guy, is one of those people.
    Also, in general, an expert on a particular subject should be able to prove to you that their an expert without the need to cite any certifications.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Here's why he thinks that:

Ron Paul is a registered Republican.

That's it. That's why he's saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

this guy says he studied and teaches Constitutional law
    Your friend is Barry Obama?

Some people are just stupid.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

//

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I don't think we can answer a question like that. I would follow up and ask him "why" he thinks that.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Iran War or Social Security/medicare? Cant Have Both.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 04-26-2012 at 05:25 AM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Yes, if by "wanted to invade Iran instead" he means wants to bring all of our troops home and mind our own business.
    lol

There is only one rational reason why an austrian might want the same thing obama wants. The faster they spend, the less time it takes for the collapse to occur. In a way, allowing them to spend themselves into bankruptcy as quickly as possible might be the best solution. Going the way of USSR might be easier at this point.

Obama supporter, plain and simple. All republicans are for war and atarting more war despite history showing democratic presidents have started far more wars than republicans.
    War; everything in the world wrong, evil and immoral combined into one and multiplied by millions.

If Congress declared war on Iran, Paul would go to war with Iran. I believe Paul has implied this on several occasions. This constitutiinal obligation is possibly what the constitutional "expert" was alluding to.

Ron Paul had said "Israel can take care of themselves against Iran"

This is Israel - Iran war and not USA - Iran war.

He confused "Iran" with Afghanistan and "invade" with capture Usama in Torah Borah. Yes, Ron Paul voted for the authority to go after Bin Laden. This wasn't so much a go to war with a country vote as it was a variation of a Letter of Marque and Reprisal (which he has proposed). Ron Paul has been speaking against the Iraq war since before 1998 and has been speaking against a war with Iran since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by MRK View Post
    If Congress declared war on Iran, Paul would go to war with Iran. I believe Paul has implied this on several occasions. This constitutiinal obligation is possibly what the constitutional "expert" was alluding to.
    As a congressman he would most certainly vote against war with Iran if it came up. As president he would attempt to talk congress out of a declaration of war under current circumstances and he might even veto it. And presidents powers as commander in chief mean that even though they can't unilaterally declare war, they can unilaterally declare peace. (Once a war is approved they have the power to send...or not send troops to that war). Ron Paul laid what he would do if we were really threatened here:

And the GOP really knows Iran is no threat to us or Israel. They just lie about it when they're on Fox.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah, he wanted to invade Egypt.

Followed by the Czech republic