Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Mitt Romney will declare victory himself to be the Republican Party's nominee..."

"Mitt Romney will declare victory himself to be the Republican Party's nominee..."

"Mitt Romney will declare victory himself to be the Republican Party's nominee..."
    Not a single Romney only attack ad from the RP campaign, and they have announced today they are going to run the ad in Texas with SANTORUM STILL IN IT?!

WHOIhjgioajgkl;ajghjkl;jakl;gja!

FIRE SOMEBODY AT THE CAMPAIGN NOW! Running an ad attacking Santorum, when he isn't even in the race is a WASTE!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Do ad makers cut deals that any editing has to be by them, making it more expensive? I wondered with The Plan, and I wonder with this one, too.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

He's doing it right now live on CNN

Dude, just accept that they aren't going to attack Rom for whatever reason. I don't know what else to say.

Will they still be friends?

Because just like the govt, the campaign is inefficient.
    氷の造形魔法

Ice Wizard Power - Ice Make

Quote Originally Posted by coffeewithchess View Post
    Not a single Romney only attack ad from the RP campaign, and they have announced today they are going to run the ad in Texas with SANTORUM STILL IN IT?!

WHOIhjgioajgkl;ajghjkl;jakl;gja!

FIRE SOMEBODY AT THE CAMPAIGN NOW! Running an ad attacking Santorum, when he isn't even in the race is a WASTE!
    Believe it or not, Santorum is still getting votes because he is still on the ballots. I don't see the harm in continuing to attack his policies if it means somebody will switch their vote.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Since when have they been not attacking Romney? Having multiple people repeat his faults on national television programs and in debates wasn't enough?

Lot of defeatism around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fullbuster View Post
    Because just like the govt, the campaign is inefficient.
    I think Ron knows he is going to do 'worse' in the eyes of the party, he is going to continue to actually fight to win.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    He just said it.
    said what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    He just said it.
    So did Hitler... we all know how it goes with these clowns.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Do ad makers cut deals that any editing has to be by them, making it more expensive? I wondered with The Plan, and I wonder with this one, too.
    They pay for the ad only, nothing about if the campaign has to run it. NOTHING.
    You pay an ad agency to produce the ad, that's it.

Sure, some of us around here have been calling incompetence months back, but running a Rick Santorum attack ad in Texas and OFFICIALLY announcing it? Are we really that stupid? What's the point? $30 million dollars for a campaign making these decisions? Notice...I said THE CAMPAIGN. Somebody is directing the ad agency with what they're looking for, and we have gone 2 weeks since Santorum dropped out...and not one single Romney only attack ad, EVEN if it was internet only...NOTHING. Yet, the campaign is going to run an ad that was effective for basically 2 hours the day it released...then Santorum dropped out making the ad useless against him and his supporters.

Matter of fact. Who even needs to attack Romney? They were looking for a conservative alternative to him from the very beginning. Even the people who endorsed him made statements that could be considered attacks. It should be as simple as showing how much better you are than him. Too many sheeple in America.
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 04-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.

Oh man Romney just said America isn't stupid I bet the Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves right now

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    Since when have they been not attacking Romney? Having multiple people repeat his faults on national television programs and in debates wasn't enough?

Lot of realism around here.
    Fixed it for ya.

Seriously, why does the campaign need millions...if they aren't running this like they are trying to win it? Again, delegate strategy is extremely cheap, and relies on as usual the grassroots to be effective. Running a national campaign to win, attacking your opponents or simply pointing out the obvious and letting others SEE/KNOW why you're better...is all we have been asking.

Just look at the simple grassroots ads flooded on YouTube, they have their pick...and can't even do one.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This isn't the first questionable thing the campaign has done. I seriously question their motives, sometimes.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulSoHard View Post
    Oh man Romney just said America isn't stupid I bet the Founding Fathers are rolling in their graves right now
    So stupid they can't find it in themselves to not vote for someone they don't even like.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    This isn't the first questionable thing the campaign has done. I seriously question their motives, sometimes.
    What do you mean? That they're in cahoots with Romney or some other theory?

Quote Originally Posted by CTRattlesnake View Post
    Sooooo...third party sounds nice
    How is it over yet?
    Last edited by DerailingDaTrain; 04-24-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Sooooo...third party sounds nice
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

or even having massive floor demonstrations at tampa that sound like cow palace in frisco in 1964

"The race is off" - Piers Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post

What do you mean? That they're in cahoots with Romney or some other theory?
    What do I mean?

The campaign had several chances to woo over voters with a hard hitting foreign policy ad. Not that dinky "Secure" ad, but one that spoke the truth and touched on issues that the media was touting (not a friend to Israel, not a single mention of Michael Scheuer's endorsement, etc.).

The campaign should have went into attack mode on Mitt a long time ago, many of us on here have been saying that for some time. Here we are, four months from the first vote, and still not a single direct and powerful attack on Mitt Romney. Where is all of our money going? And now the campaign is still running an ad in Texas with Santorum in it?

Quote Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
    said what exactly?
    Declared himself the victor of the nomination.

"We all know its over, Ron Paul will not get the Republican nomination" - Wolf Blitzer

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "It's on right now. Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama. Let the games begin". -Wolf Blitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Paulistinian View Post
    "We all know its over, Ron Paul will not get the Republican nomination" - Wolf Blitzer
    I haven't done the math yet, may do it in the morning, but it looks like the 1% window of hope has closed. I am pretty certain that Paul will be mathematically eliminated after tonight, but there may be an extremely small chance at a brokered convention still, but honestly that chance is going to be less than 1%. We need to be honest with ourselves here, Paul had his chance tonight to win - and he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    I haven't done the math yet, may do it in the morning, but it looks like the 1% window of hope has closed. I am pretty certain that Paul will be mathematically eliminated after tonight, but there may be an extremely small chance at a brokered convention still, but honestly that chance is going to be less than 1%. We need to be honest with ourselves here, Paul had his chance tonight to win - and he did not.
    Yes, and Gingrich and Santorum will give their delegates to Romney instead of going to a brokered convention probably. So I think that Romney (with Gingrich's and Santorum's delegates) is probably at 1,200 or so delegates after tonight. Meaning, it's over. Romney is the nominee.

Just read the Drudge excerpts of his speech... It's all pie in the sky platitudes and ZERO SOLUTIONS.

Well, they can make Romney the nominee, but they sure as Hell can't make me vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Well, they can make Romney the nominee, but they sure as Hell can't make me vote for him.
    Let's just wait until after tonight and go from there. Some here on RPF will do the math and let us know what the outlook is.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast