Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul considering endorsing Thomas Massie!

Rand Paul considering endorsing Thomas Massie!

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/index....e1b6fe76af1025

Can someone post the text, I'm on my phone.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Tea party congressional candidate Thomas Massie could get a public endorsement from his political confidant, U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, in Kentucky's crowded 4th District Republican primary race.

Paul's chief of staff, Doug Stafford, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the Kentucky Republican wasn't pleased that incumbent U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis and former U.S. Sen. Jim Bunning endorsed state lawmaker Alecia Webb-Edgington for the job.

"Sen. Paul had decided to stay neutral in the primary in order to keep the playing field level for all the candidates," Stafford said. "But with others seeking to influence the race, Sen. Paul is now reconsidering his decision, and he'll be closely watching the race and how other people participate in it."

Several of Paul's political aides, including Stafford, have been assisting the Massie campaign. One of Paul's former field representatives, Ryan Hogan, is serving as Massie's campaign manager. And Paul's father, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, has endorsed Massie.

Webb-Edgington, a retired state police major and former head of the Kentucky Office of Homeland Security, scored endorsements from Davis and Bunning, two of northern Kentucky's best-known political figures, on Monday. Davis described her as "the very best person to take this job." Bunning called her "tough as nails."

After 10 years in Congress, Davis sparked a flurry of campaign filings when he announced last year he wouldn't seek re-election. Seven Republicans will be on the May 22 primary ballot. Besides Webb-Edgington, Massie also faces Boone County Judge-Executive Gary Moore, Crestwood teacher Brian Oerther, Fort Mitchell business consultant Tom Wurtz, Erlanger lawyer Marc Carey and Crestwood building contractor Walter Christian Schumm.

Moore is the leading fundraiser in the race, having banked $238,000 between Jan. 1 and March 31. Massie followed with $153,000 in contributions and an $80,000 personal loan. Webb-Edgington reported $116,000 raised over the three-month period.

The endorsements of both Pauls could provide a major financial boost to Massie in the final weeks of the campaign.

Massie campaign chairman Phil Moffett said Ron Paul's endorsement had an immediate impact. Rand Paul's could trigger even more contributions.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 04-24-2012 at 11:33 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice, Make your move, Rand.

For the least shocking move.

This is like at the end of WWE when someone is talking about Stone Cold being a pussy and then.........

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

That's what I'm talking about!

Last edited by Sola_Fide; 04-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.

What would be nice for Tom is the endorsement of some anti-abortion group, either local or national, to offset Moore's Kentucky Right To Life endorsement.

Even if a Christian leader locally or nationally would vouch for Thomas, it would help I think...

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    What would be nice for Tom is the endorsement of some anti-abortion group, either local or national, to offset Moore's Kentucky Right To Life endorsement.

Even if a Christian leader locally or nationally would vouch for Thomas, it would help I think...
    Why didn't Thomas get this endorsement? Is it due to a misunderstanding that Thomas could clear up, or is Northern Kentucky Right to Life just playing favorites for some reason of their own?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    This guy thinks it all helps Moore for some reason:

REMOVED
    Don't link to that trolls blog. He's not an impartial reporter. He's on the Moore payroll and has created accounts here before to try and pump his articles as if they are actual objective journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Pisces View Post
    Why didn't Thomas get this endorsement? Is it due to a misunderstanding that Thomas could clear up, or is Northern Kentucky Right to Life just playing favorites for some reason of their own?
    Generally speaking, anti-abortion groups' main concern is not abortion, but political influence and power.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Don't link to that trolls blog. He's not an impartial reporter. He's on the Moore payroll and has created accounts here before to try and pump his articles as if they are actual objective journalism.
    My fault. I recognize him now! Had a brainfreeze there for a second
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 04-24-2012 at 03:43 PM.

We need the League of Property Owners, James Comer, Take Back Kentucky endorsement as well. Rand Paul endorsement hopefully will occur in the next week.

Gary Moore has been in politics for a while. TM hasn't had a chance to show his pro-life credentials because he's only been in office for 1.5 years. Also, NK Right to Life and Gary Moore are the same geographical location. Kind of lame if you ask me...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Gary Moore has been in politics for a while. TM hasn't had a chance to show his pro-life credentials because he's only been in office for 1.5 years. Also, NK Right to Life and Gary Moore are the same geographical location. Kind of lame if you ask me...
    No kidding. Especially since Moore is implying that this endorsement means he is the only pro-life candidate in the race. This group should at least acknowledge that Massie is also a pro-life candidate, even if he is not their favorite.

A Rand Paul endorsement on Thursday along with an email blast to his donor/supporter list would be perfect. This money bomb needs to be huge.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand, don't dither!!!
    JUST GOTV DO IT!!!
    ~in~it~to~win~it~

An endorsement now would go a long way towards fund raising, but an endorsement closer to the primary would go further towards getting votes. It might be the best to endorse only a week or two before. I'm just an armchair political strategist though, what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    An endorsement now would go a long way towards fund raising, but an endorsement closer to the primary would go further towards getting votes. It might be the best to endorse only a week or two before. I'm just an armchair political strategist though, what do I know.
    I think you're right.

No kidding. Especially since Moore is implying that this endorsement means he is the only pro-life candidate in the race. This group should at least acknowledge that Massie is also a pro-life candidate, even if he is not their favorite.
    Yep. This situation is akin to the NRA endorsing Mitt Romney rather than Ron Paul. Seriously - WTF?

Call me odd, but I've never voted for anyone based on endorsements. I prefer to make decisions on my own. Imagine that...

excellent news!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul to visit Boone County.

The League of Kentucky Property Owners will host U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., Monday at the Boone County Extension Office, 6028 Camp Ernst Road in Burlington. The reception begins at 5 p.m. and the program begins at 5:30 p.m. Lewis County Judge-executive and congressional candidate Thomas Massie will also give a speech at the event about property issues. The event is free, but online registration is encouraged, www.lokpo.ticketleap.com or call 859-835-3688.

Read the rest of this entry »

Oh yeah....

[FOOTNOTE][/FOOTNOTE]Rand praised, but stopped short of endorsing Thomas Monday

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., covered many topics during his speech to the League of Kentucky Property Owners on Monday.

Paul talked about the rights of property owners, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Kentucky mussel and the Indiana bat.

The one thing that many in the crowd of about 100 anticipated from Paul, an endorsement in the Fourth District Congressional race, however, was not forthcoming.

• Follow NKY news on Twitter ... and on Facebook

Paul strongly praised Thomas Massie, but stopped short of endorsing the Lewis County Judge-executive as his choice to replace U.S. Rep. Geoff Davis, R-Hebron, who is not seeking re-election.

Speculation was heightened when Massie preceded Paul at the podium and talked about his decision to support the senator’s 2010 campaign after hearing him speak at an event in Hebron.

“I decided then that if this wasn’t the guy to turn our country around, there wasn’t going to be a guy to turn our country around,” Massie said to loud applause.

Paul won election in 2010 with strong support from the Northern Kentucky Tea Party; Massie is also held in high esteem by the group.

The time seemed right for Paul to step to the microphone and give the crowd, which included many Tea Party members, what they seemed to want.

But he did not.

“I want to thank Thomas Massie for that kind introduction and I want to thank Thomas Massie for helping me get elected,” Paul said. “I want to thank Thomas Massie for doing something even more important and that’s for supporting a budget that balances within five years and no later.”

Paul added a few more plaudits, then went into a speech tailored to the audience of property owners and others gathered at the Boone County Cooperative Extension District office in Burlington.

In a recurring theme, Paul cited several examples of people burdened by government regulations.

“The list goes on and on of what we are doing to our folks,” Paul said. “It’s really disappointing that the unelected bureaucracy is bigger and more powerful than your elected officials.”

On April 23, Davis and former Sen. Jim Bunning endorsed State Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington, R-Fort Wright, for the congressional seat. That fueled speculation that Paul might follow suit and endorse Massie Monday.

Afterward, Paul elaborated on his decision to withhold the endorsement.

“I’ve been trying to stay out of it because I do know the other candidates and I don’t dislike them,” Paul said. “The endorsements that came out last week have maybe loosened me up a little bit. We need Republicans like Thomas Massie who will step up and say I will not only support a balanced budget amendment, but I will introduce and support a budget that actually balances.”

Massie, who had to leave early to attend a Republican Congressional Forum at Northern Kentucky University, said he was not disappointed that he did not get Paul’s endorsement.

“I feel like we have his support and he has been very helpful to us in a lot of ways ...” Massie said.

A total of seven candidates will face off in the May 22 Republican primary, including Massie, Webb-Edgington, Boone County Judge-executive Gary Moore, Owen County attorney Marcus Carey, Oldham County teacher Brian Oerther, Oldham County developer Walt Schumm and Fort Mitchell businessman Tom Wurtz.

Candidates in the Democratic primary include Greg Frank, of Corinth, and Grant County Democratic Party Chairman Bill Adkins.
    Last edited by Sola_Fide; 05-01-2012 at 02:34 AM.

I hope Rand is just timing it for a strategic moment...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There.Is.No.Point.Endorsing.Pre-Derby.

No one is paying attention right now. I know some of the people in Northern Kentucky want things to move faster. These are the same volunteers who wanted Rand to move faster in his race. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    There.Is.No.Point.Endorsing.Pre-Derby.

No one is paying attention right now. I know some of the people in Northern Kentucky want things to move faster. These are the same volunteers who wanted Rand to move faster in his race. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.
    That is a good point, but in my own personal opinion, Rand will probably remain neutral like he did in the governor's race. It will surprise me if Rand officially endorses actually. There is the implicit endorsement anyway, and there is much of the Rand 2010 machine already behind Thomas.

Mho...if Rand knew how many Tea Partiers he was ticking off by not endorsing, he would do it. Mho

If he endorses Thomas or in the Governor's race he will be looked upon to endorse in the race for McConnell's seat. It's a bad move.

we must wait til the derby, too?

Massie: Rand Paul Needs Backup in Washington

by PHILLIP M. BAILEY on MAY 1, 2012

Lewis County Judge-Executive Thomas Massie is not disappointed that he didn’t receive Sen. Rand Paul’s official endorsement in the crowded Republic primary for Kentucky’s Fourth Congressional District race. But the small business owner is making his connection to the Senator well known.

The two attended a meeting of the League of Kentucky Property Owners on Monday, where Paul talked about property rights. It was expected Paul would give Massie the nod in order to blunt a pair of key endorsements state Rep. Alecia Webb-Edgington received last month.

Massie says the Senator has been very supportive of his bid thus far and voters know they share a Tea Party philosophy.

“Senator Paul’s transmitted his support for my campaign early on when he allowed me to hire one of his staff to run my campaign. That was Ryan Hogan, his Bowling Green field director,” he told WFPL in a telephone interview, adding Paul needs back up in Washington.

“And I very much look forward to working with Rand Paul. He said send reinforcements when he was asked what can Kentucky do for him. So I hope to be one of those reinforcements to support his principles,” he says.

Massie is one of seven candidates vying to succeed incumbent Congressman Geoff Davis, who is retiring.

http://www.wfpl.org/2012/05/01/massi...in-washington/

How could we get GOA and some pro-life groups to endorse? Maybe we should get a list of organizations to write too and someone provide a template to use that outlines Tom's positions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast