Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thomas Massie, forum member & elected official, is running a winnable race; let's help!

Thomas Massie, forum member & elected official, is running a winnable race; let's help!

Thomas Massie is an active member of the forums. He has donated to Ron and Rand, and worked hard to get Rand elected in 2010. He was also elected to a County Judge Executive in 2010. In the first nine months of his administration, he eliminated enough wasteful government spending to pay his first three years salary as Judge Executive.

He is now running for Congress in an open primary. The district is heavily Republican, meaning a victory in the primary all but ensures victory in November.

Massie is great on fiscal policy. And like Ron, he understands the importance of protecting the Constitution and our civil liberties:

Thomas is opposed to ObamaCare, the Patriot Act, any new firearms restrictions, the intrusive actions of the Transportation Security Administration, indefinite detention of American citizens without trial, internet censorship, and all other infringements on our liberties by the federal government.
    He just launched his new website, so let's celebrate by donating!

Thomas Massie for US Congress — Donate Here

Thank you for your generous donation!
    Amount: $20.12
    Transaction ID: EKVP3D2B5935
    Transaction date/time: 2012-01-20 13:48:58

P.S.
    Don't have any money to donate? Like his Facebook page instead!
    tu ne cede malis

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great!

We need more candidates on the local level. Lots more. That's how real, permanent changes in favor of liberty will be enacted. BUMP for freedom, and I'll be back on in a bit to toss in a donation.

Wish it was more.... :/

Amount: $25.00
    Transaction ID: EDMP3D449BD2
    Transaction date/time: 2012-01-20 15:22:07

Wish I could, however I can't because he's a local official.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Huh?

Any other takers? Surely we can do more than $45...
    tu ne cede malis

Absolutely. Count me in soon.
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 01-20-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Schiff_FTW

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post

Is there some kind of conflict of interest with your job or something?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    is he a non-interventionist? Just curious.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

People probably won't think this is important, but what's his position on the abortion issue?

We should tweet Judge Nap about his run.

He doesn't support Ron Paul for the GOP nomination.
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

1.) There is no way to mail a check to him, for those who prefer to do so.
    2.) There is no way to contact the campaign via phone, email or form on website.

Fix pls thx.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweman View Post
    Link?
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Quote Originally Posted by Aden View Post
    1.) There is no way to mail a check to him, for those who prefer to do so.
    2.) There is no way to contact the campaign via phone, email or form on website.

Fix pls thx.
    The website just went up, so give them some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    Link?
    08:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=feYFmHFPRhY
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Interesting candidate, however his plan to balance the budget is too modest especially considering how much the deficit is.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeesJunkie View Post
    Interesting candidate, however his plan to balance the budget is too modest especially considering how much the deficit is.
    The plan is supported by the libertarian block in Congress.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 01-20-2012 at 05:47 PM.

8:50

Looks like he was nervous about being pigeonholed into being a Ron Paul supporter when he needs coalitions to win the election. I'm sure Thomas will come here and clarify that.

Schiff_FTW

08:50
    So he says debt is our biggest national security risk, but supports the empire that is largely responsible for it? OK...

Quote Originally Posted by Schiff_FTW View Post
    Ouch. There are plenty of better candidates to support IMO.
    Lol, not at all.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 01-20-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    The plan is supported by the libertarian block in Congress.
    Cutting 1% of federal spending per year is definitely better than 0, but considering how much could and needs to be cut right away 1% just does not seem aggressive enough when there 70 billion to cut from the Dept. of Education and foreign aid which is 4% of the federal budget right there.

I confess I am moving away from Ron's foreign policy just as Thomas appears to. But I am not moving towards somebody else's foreign policy either.

But even if Massie is just playing politics, good for him.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeesJunkie View Post
    Cutting 1% of federal spending per year is definitely better than 0, but considering how much could and needs to be cut right away 1% just does not seem aggressive enough when there 70 billion to cut from the Dept. of Education and foreign aid which is 4% of the federal budget right there.
    He said cut foreign aid in the video. The guy is an active member here, I think he knows what real cuts are.

So he says debt is our biggest national security risk, but supports the empire that is largely responsible for it? OK...
    Um when did he say that? O_O Did you even watch the interview? He said end foreign aid: stop building other countries while we can't rebuild our own.

I have talked to him numerous times before, but his answer concerning Ron Paul is troubling. I hope he clarifies his positions (that will ultimately decide my donation).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    He said cut foreign aid in the video. The guy is an active member here, I think he knows what real cuts are.
    And still he doesn't endorse Ron Paul for president?
    - - - - -
    Make fun, buddy
    - - - - -

All he said was he doesn't agree with all of them. Neither does Rand. I'm sure he is very similar; he echoed Ron's view of Afghanistan in a recent interview.

And still he doesn't endorse Ron Paul for president?
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post4067146

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast