Thread: Rush Limbaugh brags 'young voters trend Republican' with no mention of Ron Paul

Rush Limbaugh brags 'young voters trend Republican' with no mention of Ron Paul

Who does he think is attracting these "young voters"? Himself and Romney? ugh

"Rush Limbaugh, the well-known conservative talk radio host, discussed a new poll on Tuesday. Limbaugh mentioned a poll released by the Public Religion Research Institute and the Georgetown University's Berkley Center for Religion, Peace, and World Affairs. The headline reads "Young Voters Trending More Republican".

Rush Limbaugh mentioned this and preened.

Limbaugh pointed to the Obama campaign and claimed that there were stories he had to discuss which admit Obama is not doing well with young people. Limbaugh then claims, "Romney is showing the ability to sneak up on people in a way".

This leaves one to think that the reason why voters are trending Republican is because they like Mitt Romney. This could not be farther from the truth. Establishment Republicans are crooning over this poll and nudging each other. One can easily imagine the "good Ol' boys" talking about how the youth can't help but lean Republican when they see what Obama's done to the country.

"This poll also only surveyed those between the ages of 18 and 24, which probably pushed its results leftward. It is quite likely that millennials between the ages of 24 and 30 would have appeared even more receptive to conservative economic policy, since they have suffered from the vicissitudes of the current job market that the younger half of the generation has not yet endured."

How easily these Republicans forget Congressman Ron Paul. It seems as though it's second nature considering the 12-term Congressman from Texas is left off many Republican presidential candidate lists. However, Congressman Ron Paul is well known on college campuses.

Most of the Republicans crooning about this poll, however, may not have read most of the results. Interestingly enough, only 32% of the "college-age Millennial voters" have a favorable view of Mitt Romney. In fact, 45% of those polled identify themselves as Independent.

The Republican Party may learn quite quickly that if their nominee for President of the United States is not Ron Paul, the young voters will no longer be trending Republican.

http://exm.nr/I77qrT"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What do you expect? It's Limbaugh, his job is to spin everything in favor of the GOP establishment.

Quite frankly, younger people (at 25, this includes myself) are much more left than the GOP. When your party focuses on Christian-domination and homophobia, it focuses on the older crowd. There's little there for us.

Especially the voter id thing, with such laws usually being prohibitive to college students.
    www.paultheway.com -Encourage Ron Paul To Run All the Way to the End.

I suggest not listening to Rush to maintain your sanity (you will go mad facepalming). Unless you're doing opposition research, of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by The Other Andy View Post
    What do you expect? It's Limbaugh, his job is to spin everything in favor of the GOP establishment.

Quite frankly, younger people (at 25, this includes myself) are much more left than the GOP. When your party focuses on Christian-domination and homophobia, it focuses on the older crowd. There's little there for us.

Especially the voter id thing, with such laws usually being prohibitive to college students.
    I'm certainly not arguing with you here, but how exactly is voter ID prohibitive to college students?
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

GOPigs wont win another election if it continues giving us people like Romney, Grinch and Santorum. And NO, Rubio is not winning the hispanic vote away from Obama
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

But I'm sure lots of people got through to straighten him out....OH, WAIT.

Just the fact that Limbaugh resonates with ANYONE should give a broad idea of how messed up the GOP is. He is a disgusting man.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No one actually takes Limbaugh seriously anymore. Not the liberal media nor mediums like Faux News. The guy will eventually die off, deservingly of course. Scum of the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
    No one actually takes Limbaugh seriously anymore. Not the liberal media nor mediums like Faux News. The guy will eventually die off, deservingly of course. Scum of the Earth.
    Welcome to the forums.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    +1 Welcome to teh looney bin
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I'm certainly not arguing with you here, but how exactly is voter ID prohibitive to college students?
    Depends on how they do it. I know in Wisconsin the law will say (if it's not turned down) that you may not vote in your current district if you have lived there for less than 30 days. Considering the possible Walker vs whomever election timing, if a college student returns home for the summer, they will likely not be able to vote except in the district where their college dorm/apartment was. That could be across the state (and you will be guaranteed difficulty at the polling place for voting with an address you no longer live at) .

It's bull$#@!. I may also not be able to vote since we are moving this summer.

There's also the fact that they usually try to make sure that college i.d.s are not acceptable, but I don't see that as a terribly big issue. Such IDs aren't acceptable for much anyway. As long as you can get a free ID at the DMV in a reasonable amount of time it's okay.
    www.paultheway.com -Encourage Ron Paul To Run All the Way to the End.

Lies we tell ourselves: "Ron Paul wins the youth vote"

Truth: "Ron Paul sometimes wins the youth vote"

The Facts (18-29 vote winner by state and Paul's percentage of that voting bloc):

AL: Santorum 41%, Paul 12%
    AZ: Romney 57%, Paul 15%
    FL: Romney 41%, Paul 25%
    GA: Newt 31%, Paul 24%
    IL: Romney 41%, Paul 16%
    IA: Paul 48% (winner)
    LA: Santorum 51%, Paul 23%
    MD: Santorum 37%, Paul 23%
    MA: Romney 50%, Paul 27%
    MI: Romney 42%, Paul 10%
    MS: Santorum 45%, Paul 9%
    NV: Paul 41% (winner)
    NH: Paul 46% (winner)
    OH: Santorum 37%, Paul 25%
    SC: Paul 31% (winner)
    TN: Santorum 43%, Paul 25%
    VA: Paul 61% (winner)
    WI: Romney 33%, Paul 29%

Source: Entrance and exit polling as reported by CNN.

Of the 18 states that we have data from, Paul won the 18-29 vote in 5 states.
    Last edited by tbone717; 04-24-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post

The Facts (18-29 vote winner by state and Paul's percentage of that voting bloc):

Always a ray of sunshine.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post

What he means is that Paul does better with young voters than the general electorate. There's still a ton of sheep young people who vote for whoever their parents tell them to.
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

In the propaganda world, perception is reality.
    On Trump:
    How conservative Republicans can continue to support this arrogant imposter—the man who brags about inflicting the world with the Covid mark of the beast; the man who said, “Take the guns first, go through due process second”; and the man who deliberately played and then set up Stewart Rhodes (of course, Stewart was all too eager to be Trump’s patsy) for an 18-year prison sentence—is truly beyond my comprehension.” Chuck Baldwin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Limbaugh is a fat cow
    NEBRASKA FOR RON PAUL

Quote Originally Posted by Cap View Post
    In the propaganda world, perception is reality.
    qft.

Always a ray of sunshine.
    Kathy, I prefer truth over delusion, you know that. If we sit here and convince ourselves that Paul does the best with the 18-29 bloc, then we run the risk of assuming that we already have the lion's share of that vote, which in most states we do not. In some we got killed, like MS and IL. So we need to work hard at increasing our percentages in the 18-29 bloc, just as we need to do so in other voting blocs.

This shouldn't be surprising. The establishment has made it quite clear they do not view Paul as a part of their party.

The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Other Andy View Post

Not too sure about all of that. I won't consider myself "to the left" of the mainstream GOP. Because, technically, they are the progressives. Just because we tend to believe in "liberal" drug laws and consider homosexuals human beings (unlike most Christians)... eh, I'll stop there. By the way, I don't support homosexuality, but, I'm also not going to condemn someone for choosing their path to live. Just let me be and I will make sure to do the same.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

I wonder how many neocon sheeple got all prideful when he said that....and didn't even realize 99.9% of the youth coming to the GOP are Ron Paul supporters?
    I am the spoon.