Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearly just another officer acting in self-defense

Quote Originally Posted by mike6623 View Post
    Is he getting in ANY trouble for this? He was billy clubbing people, for no necessary reason. How is that legal? I would get a lawyer
    Technically she was interferring with a detainment/arrest ... Watch the video at the 50 second mark, she touched an officer as he was subduing a suspect.
    She is lucky that is all that happened ... The officer, or another officer, could have justifiably shot her with tazer, or gun ... She got pepper sprayed, because the officer used the most effective method of neutralizing the situation.

If he had shot her, I'd be hanging with the cop haters on this one, and calling it excessive.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bolil View Post
    Probably wanted to get some. Pun.
    Probably was too small to get it.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    Give me a break. He kept hitting the girl, how do you think she would react? She kept walking backwards because he kept hitting her.

What bull$#@!.
    Please advise your local LE that you prefer that they shoot those who put their hands on LE while they are doing their job, because hitting and backing up is something you have a problem with
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    Please advise your local LE that you prefer that they shoot those who put their hands on LE while they are doing their job, because hitting and backing up is something you have a problem with
    Dropping people on their face is assault if i'm a juror. I'd put that cop away if she filed a lawsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by csu1987 View Post
    Dropping people on their face is assault if i'm a juror. I'd put that cop away if she filed a lawsuit.
    Something tells me that assaulting a citizen, AND assaulting a LEO would void your charge.

Like I already said ... He could have justifiably shot her, if he had done so immedately upon being touched by this girl.
    Cheerleader squad is not effective.
    Replies: 33
    Views: 494

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    That video just shows that crowds are just as violent and unthinking as the Police. The cop who is hitting the guy with the stick is the first to run and get away. The cop who had stopped him is the one that gets beat down. Just like it happens the other way around. Generally the thugs are the first to run away, and it's relatively innocent people who get beat on when the Police come.
    Fair enough...mob mentality and all that. Maybe the video choice was a bad one for this particular analogy.

Regardless of what was going on in the OP video before hand, he should have kept his composure(professionalism). I watched the video, am LE trained and experienced, and everything goes out the window(imho) when you do what he did to her. There were several different ways to handle taking her down(if warranted)-and grabbing someone at least 125lbs lighter than you by the belt loop, and then slamming them into the ground is not one of them. The investigations always say "they followed all proper procedure" in the injury/death/murder of Joe Public...these families need to start demanding to see where in their training they are told to behave like this. I assure you every LE manual I had to abide by harped on defusing the situation as quickly as possible-I'm sure others do as well.

This video shows the definition of who should not be a cop, and what not to do if you are. The cop is lucky all he had to endure was the disapproving boos of the crowd.*

*(DHS monitors...I really think the bitch got what she deserved, how dare she challenge the State like she did. Round her whole family up-get her friends, too-they are obviously all connected to some kind of violent terrorist anti-government network, and should therefore all be indefinitely detained, for our safety, of course.)
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post
    Fair enough...mob mentality and all that. Maybe the video choice was a bad one for this particular analogy.

Regardless of what was going on in the OP video before hand, he should have kept his composure(professionalism). I watched the video, am LE trained and experienced, and everything goes out the window(imho) when you do what he did to her. There were several different ways to handle taking her down(if warranted)-and grabbing someone at least 125lbs lighter than you by the belt loop, and then slamming them into the ground is not one of them. The investigations always say "they followed all proper procedure" in the injury/death/murder of Joe Public...these families need to start demanding to see where in their training they are told to behave like this. I assure you every LE manual I had to abide by harped on defusing the situation as quickly as possible-I'm sure others do as well.

This video shows the definition of who should not be a cop, and what not to do if you are. The cop is lucky all he had to endure was the disapproving boos of the crowd.*

*(DHS monitors...I really think the bitch got what she deserved, how dare she challenge the State like she did. Round her whole family up-get her friends, too-they are obviously all connected to some kind of violent terrorist anti-government network, and should therefore all be indefinitely detained, for our safety, of course.)
    In context of the video.What would happen in the USA if police officers are attacked by fans as they were in the video ?

Quote Originally Posted by Demigod View Post
    In context of the video.What would happen in the USA if police officers are attacked by fans as they were in the video ?

I would like to think that these $#@!ing pigs would think twice about treating us like cattle after that. But in reality, the real endgame would just get underway all the sooner I would think.

Then you also realize he could have shot her when she touched/assaulted him while he was dealing with another, if he had been quick with the response ... YES ?

And let's be honest ... None of this would have happened, if not for the initial assault, which caused the officers to arrive at the scene.

So now assaulting someone while they are sitting in their car is considered "challenging the state"?

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To the apologist, it's ok for our overlords to shoot us just for touching them.

Quote Originally Posted by belian78 View Post
    To the apologist, it's ok for our overlords to shoot us just for touching them.
    I think there's really a great case to be made that the cops acted just fine, but I'm not sure why azxd has to go and make "our side" seem utterly insane with the claim he keeps making over and over again.

No it's not okay to shoot someone because they touched you. Yes, it is okay to use a modicum of physical force when dealing with a group of violent angry criminals, like we saw in this video.

No it's not ok to repeatedly beat people with batons and spray them with pepper spray when they are of no threat to you. IMO in that vid, yes there was something going on in that video but I couldnt really tell from watching it 3 times. What I could clearly see was that PIG beating that man repeatedly for not getting all the way on the ground. Then I see that PIG reapeatedly beat that girl chasing her around beating her. Then I see the PIG violently throw her to the ground causing her to hit her head hard on the pavement.

oh no poor babies. I bet they will have a couple black and blues on their thighs tomorrow! Oh heavens the poor little prince and princess have a booboo. In the future we should make sure all cops say please, thank you, and ask permission first before attempting to interfere with violent criminals assaulting people. Perhaps we can institute a "hands-off" policy where cops can only use their words to try and detain violent criminals?

Replies: 43
    Views: 596

Nothing changes the fact that this story would not exist, if people would stop acting stupidly and assaulting others.

It's a good thing there wasn't a gun in that vehicle ... Little girl would be leaking, and so might the guy pounding on the vehicle.

Regardless of what was going on in the OP video before hand, he should have kept his composure(professionalism).
    Absolutely agree. He lost his temper and acted out of anger when pulling her and throwing her down. Not professional at all. As a matter of fact, the way he did that proved that he was not threatened by her at that point, and he was treating her like a child.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    oh no poor babies. I bet they will have a black and blues on their thighs tomorrow! Oh heavens the poor little prince and princess have a booboo. In the future we should make sure all cops say please, thank you, and ask permission first before attempting to interfere with violent criminals assaulting people. Perhaps we can institute a "hands-off" policy where cops can only use their words to try and detain violent criminals?
    So Brando, you justify that "touching" a cop results in a beating and physical assault? THEN you poke fun at the pain and suffering the victims will go through as minimal?! Have you EVER been hit with an assault stick? I don't think so, otherwise you wouldn't cock off so easily. Why don't you cock off and poke fun at the cop for being lightly touched by a female and then laugh at him for putting some hand lotion on where she touched him? Oh poor cop. Try hitting yourself on the knee joint and get back to us.... video it if you can and post it
    I love my country, but I fear my government

Still denying that the officers would not be there if not for the stupid violent act of others ?

Typical !!!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruthhurtsthefed View Post
    So Brando, you justify that "touching" a cop results in a beating and physical assault?
    No. I was saying that if you are willing to assault someone in public, in front of the police, then you should expect to be taken down with force. It is necessary for police officers to use force when attempting to intervene in an ongoing assault and arrest a highly emotional violent criminal. If the police officer didn't use enough force he risked losing control of the subjects and putting everyone in the situation at greater risk.

If this person were a non-violent criminal I would completely agree with you all, but that's not the case.
    Last edited by brandon; 04-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Some act like he tackled her ... She tripped over his leg ... BDF !!!
    Clearly. Is that how you would write up the report?

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    It could have been justifiable if the cop had done this a minute earlier. At this point though it was very excessive
    So he beats her with the billy club, then maces her, then when she is wandering blind and looks like she is tearing up/cry, he drags her over and slams her face first into the ground. That this is even acceptable shows how far into the police state we have fell.

I think there's really a great case to be made that the cops acted just fine, but I'm not sure why azxd has to go and make "our side" seem utterly insane with the claim he keeps making over and over again.

No it's not okay to shoot someone because they touched you. Yes, it is okay to use a modicum of physical force when dealing with a group of violent angry criminals, like we saw in this video.
    Except she wasn't. After getting beat with the billy club and maced blind into tears she wasn't even able to resist him dragging her by her pants and slamming her face first into the ground. Any threat she had been was passed and his actions were excessive.

oh no poor babies. I bet they will have a couple black and blues on their thighs tomorrow! Oh heavens the poor little prince and princess have a booboo. In the future we should make sure all cops say please, thank you, and ask permission first before attempting to interfere with violent criminals assaulting people. Perhaps we can institute a "hands-off" policy where cops can only use their words to try and detain violent criminals?
    Violence is only acceptable as an action of last resort against a violent individual, and then only enough to subdue them. As soon as they stop being a threat, violence is no longer justified. Excessive force is defined as force that goes beyond the threshold needed to subdue the violent criminal. That line is not a minimum, but a maximum. The fact that he used a weapon on her when she didn't have one and had not done any harm to him meant he went over the line. He used excessive force against her not just there but from then on out. Police have to be bound to the laws and strictly punished when they step outside of them, even in the slightest. They are subject to the law, not the law itself.

She was beating another woman in her vehicle while the man with her was hitting her with a door,the police had a reason to intervene.He told the man to get on the ground he would not he hit him twice he went on the ground,she on the other hand started going away and after getting pepper sprayed ( I think it was that ) she started getting all theatrical,talking with the crowd and walking away.

If you are looking of cops to hate for a reason there are plenty of them around this ones did not do anything bad.
    She just got maced you idiot. SHE WAS WANDERING BLIND. She wasn't talking with the crowd and walking away. She was crying and feeling her way around.

She looks like my oldest daughter. That's enough for me. If I saw a cop man handeling my daughter like that PIG did to that girl I would, without a doubt attack the son of a bitch and beat his ass with everything I had. That scumbag beat her numerous times with his night stick and maced her in her eyes then threw her face down on cement. At the very least he needs to be kicked repeatedly in his balls and his face smashed into cement like he did to her.
    "Without Love In The Dream It'll Never Come True" Jerry Garcia

She was beating another woman in her vehicle while the man with her was hitting her with a door,the police had a reason to intervene.He told the man to get on the ground he would not he hit him twice he went on the ground,she on the other hand started going away and after getting pepper sprayed ( I think it was that ) she started getting all theatrical,talking with the crowd and walking away.

If you are looking of cops to hate for a reason there are plenty of them around this ones did not do anything bad.
    I'm not justifying her actions, but that doesn't give a cop the right to hit her as she is trying to settle down. He was literally beating her. Then, he grabs her by her pants and throws her to the ground. Real nice. Stay classy, cops.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then you also realize he could have shot her when she touched/assaulted him while he was dealing with another, if he had been quick with the response ... YES ?

And let's be honest ... None of this would have happened, if not for the initial assault, which caused the officers to arrive at the scene.

Please don't ever become involved with law enforcement.

Could he have shot her? Yes. Just like I "could" have shot the douche bag that tried to car jack me 5 yrs ago. The difference here is I was actually in danger, he was clearly not.(well, in the end it was the carjacker running for his life, but that's besides the point here)

Would he have got off because she dared "touch" the cop? Yes.

Should he have shot her....That is an emphatic no, the situation didn't remotely warrant it. It doesn't matter there are laws saying he could have, that wouldn't make it right. As I said above...stay the f*ck away from Law Enforcement, please...your post hints that you'd be that cop that would have shot her for what she did in the video, and probably still slept that night.
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Something tells me that assaulting a citizen, AND assaulting a LEO would void your charge.

Like I already said ... He could have justifiably shot her, if he had done so immedately upon being touched by this girl.
    Cheerleader squad is not effective.
    Replies: 33
    Views: 494
    I believe she could still bring a civil suit and get a jury to convict that bozo. I'd be more than happy to sit on that jury. It's hard for me to sympathize with people of power who make others lives miserable.

Alcohol had to be involved. Cop went full rage mode, unacceptable.
    "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    So he beats her with the billy club, then maces her, then when she is wandering blind and looks like she is tearing up/cry, he drags her over and slams her face first into the ground. That this is even acceptable shows how far into the police state we have fell.
    Who started the fight ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast