Thread: Constitution Party to Run Virgil Goode for President

Constitution Party to Run Virgil Goode for President

http://www.roanoke.com/politics/wb/307815

Former U.S. Rep. Virgil Goode of Rocky Mount secured the Constitution Party's nomination for president at the party's convention Saturday in Nashville, Tenn.

Goode served 24 years in the Virginia Senate — making headlines when he helped parlay a power-sharing agreement between Democrats and Republicans after the 1995 elections left it evenly split. He was elected to Congress in 1996, succeeding L.F. Payne. Goode left the Democratic Party to become an independent before the 2000 election and then joined the Republican Party ahead of the 2002 election. Goode was unseated in 2008 by Democrat Tom Perriello.

Goode is the first presidential nominee for the Constitution Party to hold a federally elected office, said Mitch Turner, chairman of the Constitution Party of Virginia. Goode's records, experience and positions will be "a stark contrast" to the other candidates and will bring in voters who otherwise might not have come to the polls, Turner said.
    Unfortunately, he's no Chuck Baldwin

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He’s one of those “Shariah’s taking over the U.S.” scaremongers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    There are definitely efforts for that to happen.

Of course, I advocate no liberty abuses against Muslims, but I do not advocate letting Sharia influencing law either.

At our Senate District we had a lady come to the MIC and declare that if we moved to change the platform to a non-interventionist foreign policy Muslims would take over the world in less than 20 years.
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Too bad Chuck Baldwin wasn't running again. I voted for him in 2008.

Have been hearing folks from the Constitution Party throw his name around a lot lately in Delaware. The T.E.A. Party Patriots will probably split between Newt and Romney.

http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-22-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oddone View Post
    At our Senate District we had a lady come to the MIC and declare that if we moved to change the platform to a non-interventionist foreign policy Muslims would take over the world in less than 20 years.
    At least she didn't say isolationist!

I hope these 3rd parties will rally around Ron Paul. Honestly, if Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination and ultimately the presidency... it might open the door for 3rd parties in the future... It might be less of a GOP/democrat system when Ron Paul is done =P... Still a lot of work to be done.

But seriously... Libertarians and Constitutional party should rally behind Ron Paul when the time comes. Voting for Virgil Goode or Gary Johnson in the generals will be quite detrimental in the fight for liberty if Ron Paul is in the picture... cause he is the best chance for freedom/liberty. I am glad these other third parties are fighting as well, but they have a snowball's chance in hell and will siphon votes from Ron >.<

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Two less votes and Goode would have had to go through a second round of voting. What with Baldwin's former VP candidate, Darrel Castle, pulling in more delegates than any of Goode's established/declared opponents, and if the Colorado, Montana, and the other half a dozen delegations attended, there's a possibility it could have been a completely different outcome.

(I understand this isn't an overly important statement to some, but third party politics as a whole are a bit of an interest of mine)
    Last edited by J. W. Evans; 04-23-2012 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alucard13mmfmj View Post
    I hope these 3rd parties will rally around Ron Paul. Honestly, if Ron Paul wins the GOP nomination and ultimately the presidency... it might open the door for 3rd parties in the future... It might be less of a GOP/democrat system when Ron Paul is done =P... Still a lot of work to be done.

But seriously... Libertarians and Constitutional party should rally behind Ron Paul when the time comes. Voting for Virgil Goode or Gary Johnson in the generals will be quite detrimental in the fight for liberty if Ron Paul is in the picture... cause he is the best chance for freedom/liberty. I am glad these other third parties are fighting as well, but they have a snowball's chance in hell and will siphon votes from Ron >.<
    Assuming Ron Paul won the nomination--I'm 100% positive that the national and state delegations of the CP and LP would withdraw their nominations and endorse Ron Paul. But lets be realistic--Ron Paul isn't the presumptive nominee. He's not even a likely nominee.

Quote Originally Posted by J. W. Evans View Post
    Two less votes and Goode would have had to go through a second round of voting. What with Baldwin's former VP candidate, Darrel Castle, pulling in more delegates than any of Goode's established/declared opponents, and if the Colorado, Montana, and the other half a dozen delegations attended, there's a possibility it could have been a completely different outcome.

(I understand this isn't an overly important statement to some, but third party politics as a whole are a bit of an interest of mine)
    I get the feeling you're a reader of Independent Political Report. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Marky View Post
    Seems like he has conveniently forgot about the religion that has already taken over former "Christian America."

Judaism!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post

Of course, I advocate no liberty abuses against Muslims, but I do not advocate letting Sharia influencing law either.
    Can you give any examples of Sharia influencing law or any efforts to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post

Not as much as creating a court of the Sanhedrin here or Roman Catholic canon law. Look at the pedophile scandal, diplomatic immunity for the pope, zionism, dual citzenships, the activities of opus dei, attempts to bring in noahide laws, etc. In fact, every Supreme Court justice is now either Roman Catholic or a Judaism-ite, something that has only recently happened.

Some of the most vocal scare advocates of Muslim influence have been doing the same things themselves. The truth is, America is surrounded by enemies at the moment trying to tear her down and bring back the dark ages.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-24-2012 at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    Seems like he has conveniently forgot about the religion that has already taken over former "Christian America."

Judaism!
    It wasn't the Muslim religion that caused not one story about Jesus Christ to air on easter, but the ten commandments did.

The ten commandments is a story about the Jewish people being saved. It is meaningless if Jesus Christ didn't save the world. If Jesus Christ didn't save the world, I have NO REASON to want to listen to the ten commandments. There are thousands of stories that are more relevant to America. The Alamo saving Texas for instance, which happened a LOT more recently. But the network that aired the ten commandments is run by someone married to a Judaism-ite.

But Jesus Christ did save the world. And it isn't Hollywood being atheists that prevented it from being aired. It's Hollywood being another religion. In fact, I was just reading a really bad biography from someone who use to be an actor on TV, that said that the one thing you can't mention in Hollywood is that you're a Christian. Then in another part of their biography, they mention all the Jewish people they knew from Hollywood, the Jewish producers, etc. It may or may not be true, just being in someone's biography knowing the business doesn't make it true, but I've heard that a lot of times by now. And they never made the connection, despite saying it in their own biography.

Hollywood isn't anti-Christian because they are atheists. They're anti-Christian because they are Judaism believers. It's pretty disgusting. A lethal double standard in a nation founded by Christians - and all the while "muslims" are the bad guy. I don't doubt they are telling Muslims the same about Christians. Keep up the discord. The point is, MUSLIMS aren't the boogie man. By and large, they are uneducated, poor, and need as much brotherly love as anyone.
    Last edited by SpiritOf1776_J4; 04-24-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Shame on the CP for nominating Goode, who was a real neocon in Congress and doesn't even seem to regret it. Why did the CP sell out and nominate this guy? NO way any RP supporters are going to trust him. And what's sad is that 4 years ago the CP nominated Chuck Baldwin who was a real constitutionalist and RP supporter who Dr. Paul even ended up endorsing. Now the CP has gone the route of the Libertarians, who nominated the anti-liberty Barr, maybe thinking they would set a record number of votes for an LP nominee.

They didn't and Barr endorsed Gingrich this year.

I will NOT support Goode. I do not no what course others will take, but for me it's NO ONE BUT PAUL, even if his name has to be written in.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof Lesiak View Post
    Shame on the CP for nominating Goode, who was a real neocon in Congress and doesn't even seem to regret it. Why did the CP sell out and nominate this guy? NO way any RP supporters are going to trust him. And what's sad is that 4 years ago the CP nominated Chuck Baldwin who was a real constitutionalist and RP supporter who Dr. Paul even ended up endorsing. Now the CP has gone the route of the Libertarians, who nominated the anti-liberty Barr, maybe thinking they would set a record number of votes for an LP nominee.

They didn't and Barr endorsed Gingrich this year.

I will NOT support Goode. I do not no what course others will take, but for me it's NO ONE BUT PAUL, even if his name has to be written in.
    Based on my research, he became outstanding around 2007. See the other thread.

He won the nomination by 1 vote, which sucks.

This is the second time recently we've seen a convention determined by 1 vote. The other one was Romney winning SRLC by 1 vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Agorism View Post
    He won the nomination by 1 vote, which sucks.

This is the second time recently we've seen a convention determined by 1 vote. The other one was Romney winning SRLC by 1 vote.
    Um, no. He got a majority on the first ballot by one vote. You need a majority to win and he accomplished that on the first ballot (by one vote) with 5 candidates on the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    Can you give any examples of Sharia influencing law or any efforts to do so?
    Anyone?

Shariah is only referenced in American courts when dealing with personal issues like divorce and inheritance. I believe much of the anti-Shariah scaremongering has more to do with the banksters/war profiteers fear of interest-free (Shariah compliant) financing/banking. Islamic banking institutions scare the living hell out of the debtors.