Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Wins 20 Out Of 24 Congressional District Delegates From The State Of Minnesota

Ron Paul Wins 20 Out Of 24 Congressional District Delegates From The State Of Minnesota

And there are 16 more, three at large delegates and 13 to be awarded at State Convention, so Ron Paul has half of the delegates for the state of Minnesota, already!

Congratulations, Minnesota grass roots!! And congratulations, Dr. Paul!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

To me this just proves the massive voter fraud that happened in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    To me this just proves the massive voter fraud that happened in the state.
    Caucuses have nothing to do with how passionate people are. People caught up in the media narrative but don't give a damn about Romney will not show to caucus. People who support Ron Paul tend to be more passionate.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

I know that many of us have been giving all the superdelegates to Romney, but do you think that its possible Pat Anderson might get behind us?

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...09/02/ronpaul/
    Found this from 2008
    Delegate and former State Auditor Pat Anderson, who caucused for Paul before switching to John McCain, appeared on both slates. She said the Minneosta Republican Party was wrong to marginalize the Paul supporters.
    Another Superdelegate (Jeff Johnson) is already behind Gingrich while the final one (based on who he's following on Twitter) is a Gingrich/Romney supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by ichirix View Post
    I know that many of us have been giving all the superdelegates to Romney, but do you think that its possible Pat Anderson might get behind us?

Found this from 2008

Another Superdelegate (Jeff Johnson) is already behind Gingrich while the final one (based on who he's following on Twitter) is a Gingrich/Romney supporter.
    Sounds good to me!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

That would be great. All we have to do to secure a plurality is to either get one delegate at the convention or have Pat Anderson come on board. If either happens, RP has a majority. In order for Mitt Romney to tie, he would have to sweep the state convention, sweep all the superdelegates and steal all the Santorum and Gingrich delegates. We are so close to getting our first state.
    Want more information regarding the chaos surrounding the 2012 Republican Nomination? Check out http://www.electionchaos.com

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ichirix View Post

Found this from 2008

Pat and Jeff are both good people. I think Pat will vote for Paul. I think Jeff is sticking with Gingrich partly to take some of the heat off the Paul supporters. Paul supporters got a lot of pressure in '08 to back McCain. Jeff is an influential traditional convervative in the party and friendly to the liberty movement. We may convince him yet.

Well if we have Pat Anderson then we already have a plurality Yipeeeee yaay!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Caucuses have nothing to do with how passionate people are. People caught up in the media narrative but don't give a damn about Romney will not show to caucus. People who support Ron Paul tend to be more passionate.
    Oh no. The media just flat out lied about our caucus in Colorado. Ron Paul won our caucus but the media reported Ron Paul 11%. At the county assembly we won again but there was no mention in the media. At the state assembly we won again. Finally, finally, the media had to report Ron Paul the winner but it was not national news. Colorado won for Ron Paul. Do not trust the media. They are lying their asses off to keep donations and momentum down. The R3VOLUTION is real and it is not being televised.

Can anyone say $10.00 Mini- Money Bomb tomorrow to salute Minnesota!!!! All the more reason to join the $10.00 Money Bomb to salute Ron and this great victory!!

And most of the alternates are ours as well, don't forget those
    ☑ First they ignore you (Pre-2007)
    ☑ Then they laugh at you (2007-2008)
    ☑ Then they fight you (2008-2011)
    ☐ Then you win
    Join the R3volution!

Quote Originally Posted by slamhead View Post
    Eat that GOP...NBRP
    FTW
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Hell yeah! Glad to sed something this positive come out of today considering it seemed a little dismal to start the day.

Assuming the Paul delegates all show up to state, we should have a majority there and ensure that all 13 delegates from there are Paul supporters as well (based on the numbers out of the district conventions)

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm sure they're scrambling to do everything possible to prevent us from getting anywhere at State. Hopefully we can overcome whatever shenanigans they come up with.

I'm #40ish of 50 alternates from my SD. Not planning on attending State since it's very unlikely I'd be seated.

Well, I'd assume that with Paul almost sweeping the conventions so far, we should have a majority at state. If that's the case, there's NOTHING they can do to stop us

Yes but if Ron Paul or some other candidate doesn't get 5 states, then its all over too. If that happens I guess we could throw our unbound delegates behind some other candidate for the first round of voting if Romney <1,144 but no five states for Paul. Then we all go Paul.

There were some interesting shennanigans at my CD Convention (CD4)

1. Someone was handing out a "Ron Paul" slate that was fake. Presumably to try and fool Ron Paul supporters. It didn't work.
    2. Some candidates for delegate announced in their speech that they were supporting Ron Paul. They weren't...they were anti-Paul people. It didn't work.
    3. When it was apparent that the Paul slate was going to win every election, those in opposition attempted to stall the convention so there wasn't time for the elections. The convention hall was only booked until 3:30 because of a wedding reception. First, ballots were repeatedly misprinted and thus spoiled upon distribution. The "national alternate delegate" ballot was misprinted (missing a candidate) 2 times and needed to be reprinted. The final election for vice-chairs of the convention board was also misprinted (half were correct, half were missing a candidate). This was discovered at 3:25 and we made a motion to allow people to write in the missing person's name if necessary. In all...we got every Paul supporter elected from our slates. Also, the anti-Paul faction attempted to filibuster and were repeatedly approaching the mike to ask questions in order to slow down the procession of business.

The state convention should be very interesting indeed.
    Last edited by SovereignMN; 04-21-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stuka View Post
    Well, I'd assume that with Paul almost sweeping the conventions so far, we should have a majority at state. If that's the case, there's NOTHING they can do to stop us
    Someone was saying that they expected most CD delegates were also state delegates.

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignMN View Post

1. Someone was handing out a "Ron Paul" slate that was fake. Presumably to try and fool Ron Paul supporters. It didn't work.
    2. Some candidates for delegate announced in their speech that they were supporting Ron Paul. They weren't...they were anti-Paul people. It didn't work.
    3. When it was apparent that the Paul slate was going to win every election, those in opposition attempted to stall the convention so there wasn't time for the elections. The convention hall was only booked until 3:30 because of a wedding reception. First, ballots were repeatedly misprinted and thus spoiled upon distribution. The "national alternate delegate" ballot was misprinted (missing a candidate) 2 times and needed to be reprinted. The final election for vice-chairs of the convention board was also misprinted (half were correct, half were missing a candidate). This was discovered at 3:25 and we made a motion to allow people to write in the missing person's name if necessary. In all...we got every Paul supporter elected from our slates. Also, the anti-Paul faction attempted to filibuster and were repeatedly approaching the mike to ask questions in order to slow down the procession of business.

convention hall was only booked until 3:30 and then had to be vacated for a wedding reception. The anti-Paul contingent started to raise
    props for winning anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    That would be great. All we have to do to secure a plurality is to either get one delegate at the convention or have Pat Anderson come on board. If either happens, RP has a majority. In order for Mitt Romney to tie, he would have to sweep the state convention, sweep all the superdelegates and steal all the Santorum and Gingrich delegates. We are so close to getting our first state.
    Isn't 20 out of 36 already a majority?

Quote Originally Posted by risk_reward View Post
    Pat and Jeff are both good people. I think Pat will vote for Paul. I think Jeff is sticking with Gingrich partly to take some of the heat off the Paul supporters. Paul supporters got a lot of pressure in '08 to back McCain. Jeff is an influential traditional convervative in the party and friendly to the liberty movement. We may convince him yet.
    +1 for the info, it is important to note those who may or mayn't be with Paul but at least believe in the fairness of the process

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf View Post
    Can anyone say $10.00 Mini- Money Bomb tomorrow to salute Minnesota!!!! All the more reason to join the $10.00 Money Bomb to salute Ron and this great victory!!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    And most of the alternates are ours as well, don't forget those
    Hell ya!

Assuming the Paul delegates all show up to state, we should have a majority there and ensure that all 13 delegates from there are Paul supporters as well (based on the numbers out of the district conventions)
    WE NEED EACH & EVERY DELEAGATE WE CAN GET!

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignMN View Post

convention hall was only booked until 3:30 and then had to be vacated for a wedding reception. The anti-Paul contingent started to raise
    +1

I hope others who are also delegates are taking note of such underhanded trickery

Well done on trumping all that
    There is enormous inertia — a tyranny of the status quo — in private and especially governmental arrangements. Only a crisis — actual or perceived — produces real change. When that crisis occurs, the actions that are taken depend on the ideas that are lying around. That, I believe, is our basic function: to develop alternatives to existing policies, to keep them alive and available until the politically impossible becomes politically inevitable
    - Milton Friedman

If we have a majority at the State Convention, could you guys just suspend the rules and oust the 3 super-delegates while you're at it? I'm sure The Collins could help, he seems to be assigned to do parliamentary things in Minnesota.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @PaulorNothing... MN has 40 delegates I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    If we have a majority at the State Convention, could you guys just suspend the rules and oust the 3 super-delegates while you're at it? I'm sure The Collins could help, he seems to be assigned to do parliamentary things in Minnesota.
    One of them Pat Anderson might be our supporter. She caucused for Ron Paul last election, but then voted for McCain but this means her first choice was Paul. With her (assuming she still supports Paul) we already have a plurality! Everyone try to get 'official' confirmation from her support for Paul- then the campaign can do a press release about winning Minnesota !!

Feels good !!
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

I think Pat Anderson is going to play this one close to her chest.

Quote Originally Posted by RPit View Post
    One of them Pat Anderson might be our supporter. She caucused for Ron Paul last election, but then voted for McCain but this means her first choice was Paul. With her (assuming she still supports Paul) we already have a plurality! Everyone try to get 'official' confirmation from her support for Paul- then the campaign can do a press release about winning Minnesota !!
    I think the word you want is 'majority' not 'plurality' although it is both...

Quote Originally Posted by RPit View Post
    One of them Pat Anderson might be our supporter.
    "Might be" is really not good enough for me. If you have the power to install Ron Paul supporters as Chairman, Committeeman, and Committeewoman, then you absolutely should install them. You may not have that power; I do not know. But if you do, you should use it! Read those bylaws and Robert's Rules!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast