Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Want a better educational system? Try virtual school!

  1. #1

    Default Want a better educational system? Try virtual school!

    You know, I'm 15, and I see the problems of the school system; how that now less than 10% of every single state passes their comprehension assessment test; many teachers stopped caring about their students, lack of classes. Even when people try to go to charter schools it is a 50/50 chance that it is a scam. So, an idea that no school talks about is virtual school. Since now, I'm going to graduate at 16 and I'm still waiting for me to apply to a university for political science.

    flvs.net

    This is what I used to help me get all my credits ever since I was stuck in a charter school bored to death by teachers that really didn't care at anyone's grades.

    The site also gave out electives and hope that next month I will do great with my AP Government and macro economics.

    Depending of what state you are in, it's free! So people in FL, it is free to do flvs.net.

    Also, I checked the law and it is showed that if you do virtual it will count on your GPA.

    Don't waste 4 years of your life doing nothing, finish it fast doing virtual school!



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

  4. #3

    Default

    Also to know more about the Virtual School:

    - Many classes
    - Calls from your teacher
    - Check on homework, tests, and quizes
    - Look at the lesson that's happening

    When I lived in Miami, I was in a high school that had so many AP's, now I'm stuck in Broward (ughhhh Broward) that I was forced to all regular ( I even showed them all my recommendation to take AP ). Why? I was english track (English speaking), were I am in all regular and the french track ( french speaking ) having all AP and honor classes. I was not going to spend two more years in that charter school and heard of virtual school.

    If anyone has questions about it, proceed

  5. #4

    Default

    Wait so, if you take this, you technically don't need to go to school?

  6. #5

    Default

    I've been saying this for years, private online school is the way to go. It will dramatically reduce the costs of education, increase quality, and shorten the time until graduation.

    Under my plan, students should be able to graduate from college and have multiple majors by the time they are around 15. Also, they wouldn't have to pay their local property taxes which mainly go towards supporting the schools. Also, they wouldn't have to go into debt or spend tens of thousands of dollars like they normally do for college.

  7. #6

    Default

    ^ Well the politicians in Washington haven;t been introduced to this new 21sst century system yet

  8. #7

    Default

    Seriously, just read books and wikipedia. Business, law, economics... all schools do these days is put people in front of you to read out of textbooks. You can really do it yourself. I'm graduating next week with degrees in economics and finance from a fairly prestigious university. I'm not sure why I paid so much money for them to teach me economic theories and financial practices that are very well described online and in books from your library. I'll probably learn more in the next 4 years through my own reading than I did in the 4 years I spent here.

  9. #8

    Default

    Nobody responded to my question: Do we get to skip school for this like just do this completely without enrolling in real life school?

  10. #9

    Default

    This would be of concern:
    http://www.flvs.net/areas/aboutus/Pa...editation.aspx
    FLVS does not currently grant a diploma.
    Instead, credits are transferred back to the student's local school to count towards their graduation requirement. Home school students fulfill diploma requirements either through portfolios that often include national SAT I and II scores, or they use the services of an "umbrella school" that offers the diploma. Visit the Home School Legal Defense Assocation or our homeschooler informational page to learn more.

  11. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljmccain View Post
    Seriously, just read books and wikipedia. Business, law, economics... all schools do these days is put people in front of you to read out of textbooks. You can really do it yourself. I'm graduating next week with degrees in economics and finance from a fairly prestigious university. I'm not sure why I paid so much money for them to teach me economic theories and financial practices that are very well described online and in books from your library. I'll probably learn more in the next 4 years through my own reading than I did in the 4 years I spent here.
    In my first few years after I graduated college, I feel like I learned more after school than I ever did in school. The reason for this is because I was allowed to think for myself and come up with my own solutions, instead of being told what to think.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tommy949 View Post
    Nobody responded to my question: Do we get to skip school for this like just do this completely without enrolling in real life school?
    Yup! In FLVS, you can finish it without attending real life school. I'm getting extra classes into learning latin, chinese, and french as well as studying other classes now :P Figured that those classes will help me in real life.

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UMULAS View Post
    You know, I'm 15, and I see the problems of the school system; how that now less than 10% of every single state passes their comprehension assessment test; many teachers stopped caring about their students, lack of classes. Even when people try to go to charter schools it is a 50/50 chance that it is a scam. So, an idea that no school talks about is virtual school. Since now, I'm going to graduate at 16 and I'm still waiting for me to apply to a university for political science.

    flvs.net

    This is what I used to help me get all my credits ever since I was stuck in a charter school bored to death by teachers that really didn't care at anyone's grades.

    The site also gave out electives and hope that next month I will do great with my AP Government and macro economics.

    Depending of what state you are in, it's free! So people in FL, it is free to do flvs.net.

    Also, I checked the law and it is showed that if you do virtual it will count on your GPA.

    Don't waste 4 years of your life doing nothing, finish it fast doing virtual school!
    Gary North has written about this. Glad you had the opportunity to do it that way. Now you can go and earn your BA on teh webbernet too, if you want one. I wish all this stuff had existed when I was your age. School sucked. /jealous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    [IMG]
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMoF6luCUAIm1vO.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://asset.zcache.com/assets/graphics/s.gif[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

  14. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UMULAS View Post
    Yup! In FLVS, you can finish it without attending real life school. I'm getting extra classes into learning latin, chinese, and french as well as studying other classes now :P Figured that those classes will help me in real life.
    Well, Latin probably won't do you much good in real life, but Chinese and Frech-more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    [IMG]
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMoF6luCUAIm1vO.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://asset.zcache.com/assets/graphics/s.gif[/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Well, Latin probably won't do you much good in real life, but Chinese and Frech-more likely.
    I'm only taking latin for biblical reasons, I don't believe it will help me in anything else too. But French and Chinese on the other hand

  16. #15

    Default

    Well you're going to college at 16, I'm happy for you

  17. #16

    Default

    I am just finishing up my Master's degree online, though not through that program.

    I live in Florida and have spoken to a few people who's kids all went to school online...smart kids too.

    I am looking at getting my Doctorate and am considering Nova Southeastern for a doctorate in IT.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pauljmccain View Post
    Seriously, just read books and wikipedia. Business, law, economics... all schools do these days is put people in front of you to read out of textbooks. You can really do it yourself. I'm graduating next week with degrees in economics and finance from a fairly prestigious university. I'm not sure why I paid so much money for them to teach me economic theories and financial practices that are very well described online and in books from your library. I'll probably learn more in the next 4 years through my own reading than I did in the 4 years I spent here.
    Very good point. I've been put in front of classes out of my realm of expertise entirely and told "You just have to read the textbook one day ahead of the students!"
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

  19. #18

    Default

    I was attending online college, and trust me, there are kinks to be worked out. Mostly tuition, but there are other kinks as well. There's no sense of the one-on-one relationship that a student can have with a teacher. I think this is important.

    And to be perfectly honest, I think the kind of school that would work the best would be a trade-school type of thing along with mentoring. I believe this would best help generations grow into more successful, working adults.
    [P]eople of

    [A]merica

    [U]nited for

    [L]iberty



    Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    god damn vipers, all of them.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaneEnochs View Post
    I was attending online college, and trust me, there are kinks to be worked out. Mostly tuition, but there are other kinks as well. There's no sense of the one-on-one relationship that a student can have with a teacher. I think this is important.

    And to be perfectly honest, I think the kind of school that would work the best would be a trade-school type of thing along with mentoring. I believe this would best help generations grow into more successful, working adults.
    An online school can still provide an affordable way for a one on one relationship for those who do need it. Just because a few students need extra help that doesn't mean we have to be retards and only have a few students per teacher.

  21. #20

    Default

    I attend online college because I work and cannot go to some school far away from home after work several times a week.

    Taking classes online makes it very easy with a fairly flexible schedule.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elwar View Post
    I attend online college because I work and cannot go to some school far away from home after work several times a week.

    Taking classes online makes it very easy with a fairly flexible schedule.
    I wish I could have gone to a online school instead of moving 2 hours out of my way to go to a traditional school. I could have kept my job which was a good one and still gone to school at the same time.





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •